Dominick Zator

Dub Narcotic

I realize it's OT but Kielce is probably better known as a handball city, they're one of the top teams in Europe. Know this as they're into the Final Four in Champions League to be played in 3 weeks, they play PSG, Barcelona plays Magdeburg. They won a few years ago. 

Kielce are trying to arrange a match this summer outdoors at the national stadium in Warsaw to break the attendance record at 60,000.

A few countries in Europe, like Germany and neighbours often have major handball teams precisely in cities where football isn't as strong.

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, El Hombre said:

My polish is non-existent but it looks like Zator and Godinho are up for some sort of player of the year award for Korona (maybe?).

So if anyone's looking to juice an online poll for him, you can go there and like the comment with his name to vote.

Don’t know Polish either, but google translate says it means “choose defender of the season”

53 minutes ago, archer21 said:

Don’t know Polish either, but google translate says it means “choose defender of the season”

Now it makes sense why Godinho was there.  I love the kid but he was more of a sub than a starter so I was trying to figure out why he was listed.

6 minutes ago, El Diego said:

The tweet says their keeper of the year was chosen, now it's time to choose their defender of the year in the same manner (which apparently is liking the reply with the defender's name lol). I guess every defender who played meaningful minutes is listed as a nominee.

You all know what to do!

3 minutes ago, Aird25 said:

I don't get why we would do this. Zator was only there ~half the season while Trojak was their minutes leader. Can't we just let fans of the team decide who their best defender was?

Sure we could, but I didn’t set the rules.

10 hours ago, Aird25 said:

I don't get why we would do this. Zator was only there ~half the season while Trojak was their minutes leader. Can't we just let fans of the team decide who their best defender was?

On one hand, I am kind of on your side of not making a farce out of (admittedly farcically conceived) these kinds of "awards". On the other hand, I kind of like the idea of Canadian soccer fans being a large enough population to affect a Polish vote. Kind of like how a couple of OneSoccer's most watched youtube clips are Ian Hume talking about Indian soccer due to Indian fans views, or highlights of Canada's win against Cayman Islands due to Turkish fans watching Cyle Larin's hat trick.

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Ozzie_the_parrot said:

Guess this thread should be bumped with his first cap. Way too anxious about not conceding a hand ball related penalty when he needed to much more aggressively try to block the cross from happening. The unnatural position rule strikes again.

I think it was more that he didn't get close enough or close down the  player that crossed the ball. I mean he just got on the field a few mins before the play, so there's that

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...