Dominick Zator

Dub Narcotic

That result puts his team in 12th, 3 points above the drop zone but just 2 points off 9th place. Certainly a log jam in the bottom half of the table, but several of the teams below Korona Kielce have inferior goal difference - including all the teams in the drop zone right now.

Still work to do but I think they will survive and maybe even finish top half.

• 3 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, trc2014 said:

Has AGR ever not said a Canadian had a strong performance in a game?  I can’t take those posts seriously.

He usually doesn't tweet when they have poor performances and covers those instead in Northern Futbol.

How is a post highlighting a strong game by a Canadian not worth taking seriously? Because he also doesn't shit on David for being poor against Reims on his TL also?

He covers poor performances on the podcast?  That’s news to me. I’m not trying to be negative.  I just find his coverage is pure confirmation bias.

In terms of your David example, I foresee commentary on the podcast  mentioning his amazing movement without the ball and the poor service he received.

Edited by trc2014

1 hour ago, trc2014 said:

He covers poor performances on the podcast?  That’s news to me. I’m not trying to be negative.  I just find his coverage is pure confirmation bias.

In terms of your David example, I foresee commentary on the podcast  mentioning his amazing movement without the ball and the poor service he received.

The podcast was better with Nef

3 hours ago, narduch said:

The podcast was better with Nef

Nef was fine , but I definitely don’t miss him saying  “As I predicted “ every other sentence

that got annoying for me 

why is he off the podcast anyways?

Just now, Bikerack said:

Nef was fine , but I definitely don’t miss him saying  “As I predicted “ every other sentence

that got annoying for me 

why is he off the podcast anyways?

Ya. He often mangled the English language too.

But he brought a different viewpoint. AGR and Galindo seem to agree on everything. 

Why did he leave? My own speculation is they had a falling out over Nef taking one of those free World Cup trips 

On 5/7/2023 at 6:20 PM, narduch said:

Ya. He often mangled the English language too.

But he brought a different viewpoint. AGR and Galindo seem to agree on everything. 

Why did he leave? My own speculation is they had a falling out over Nef taking one of those free World Cup trips 

This was posted on the CA Discord. Not sure if it's true but it would be a logical explanation.

VZ60TZy.jpg

10 minutes ago, FreddyCanuck said:

This was posted on the CA Discord. Not sure if it's true but it would be a logical explanation.

VZ60TZy.jpg

As a listener, I can understand this sentiment. I often felt that Nef was on a different page than galindo/AGR. I dont want them to agree on everything but I want them to be on the same page as to what the purpose of the question is. Quite often I found nef's answers didnt actually provide any substantial answers to the question. He felt like a fan boy and a journalist but not someone who fully understands the tactical side of the game.

They said something on an episode to the effect that they wanted to make the podcast more professional and take it more seriously and he couldn’t commit to that or something. That explanation would make sense with what that discord post is saying. The guy they replaced him with is pretty good, he does a good job at being that third host who announces updates and includes some commentary here and there. 

On 5/7/2023 at 6:10 PM, trc2014 said:

Has AGR ever not said a Canadian had a strong performance in a game?  I can’t take those posts seriously.

He's a serious journalist and a fairly unassuming person. I don't think he's trying to unduly hype, a clean sheet vs the league leaders is an accomplishment. The rival averages two a game and seems to blow out midtable teams.

This one too they missed a few sitters, the Kielce keeper was good.

This is the first league win for Rakow Czestochowa in 102 years of history.

I like that Zator is there, I'd take 15-20 of our younger guys at this level in Europe.

Edited by Unnamed Trialist

29 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

He's a serious journalist and a fairly unassuming person. I don't think he's trying to unduly hype, a clean sheet vs the league leaders is an accomplishment. The rival averages two a game and seems to blow out midtable teams.

This one too they missed a few sitters, the Kielce keeper was good.

This is the first league win for Rakow Czestochowa in 102 years of history.

I like that Zator is there, I'd take 15-20 of our younger guys at this level in Europe.

I would 100% as well. Im sure you are not saying he is one of the young guys but zator is 28/29 I believe - so fairly old. 

20 hours ago, Bigandy said:

I would 100% as well. Im sure you are not saying he is one of the young guys but zator is 28/29 I believe - so fairly old. 

Most centre-backs tend to peak in their late 20s and early 30s. I know he's playing a lot of full-back in Poland but he's often played as a right-sided CB as part of a 3 over there, and obviously has experience at CB in the CPL. He can be a reliable option for the next few years if he keeps playing this way.

21 hours ago, InglewoodJack said:

They said something on an episode to the effect that they wanted to make the podcast more professional and take it more seriously and he couldn’t commit to that or something. That explanation would make sense with what that discord post is saying. The guy they replaced him with is pretty good, he does a good job at being that third host who announces updates and includes some commentary here and there. 

It's gotten better lately but he's had a real problem with pronouncing some club names. He was saying Valladoid for weeks and called Kilmarnock "Kilmanrock". Probably nitpicking, but seems like on the premier Canadian podcast, you could at least have the guy who's reading the Canadians Abroad section pronounce the club names properly.

I know it's been stated before but Vitoria didn't switch to Canada until he was 29 and he's carved out a solid Canadian career the past 7 years and counting.  I don't think that Zator will have the same impact as Vitoria has for Canada but it's not unreasonable to expect him to be in our player pool for a few more years at least.  The fact we continue to lack elite center backs definitely favours Zator but I'd still like to think he can make the move to a level higher.  Have to think that his performances this season have caught some eyes within the bigger clubs in the Polish Ekstraklasa.  

1 hour ago, FreddyCanuck said:

Most centre-backs tend to peak in their late 20s and early 30s. I know he's playing a lot of full-back in Poland but he's often played as a right-sided CB as part of a 3 over there, and obviously has experience at CB in the CPL. He can be a reliable option for the next few years if he keeps playing this way.

I agree. I wasnt criticizing him at all. I was just responding to a post about "young players" He is not a "young player" even though he still has plenty of years left in his tank. 

On 5/11/2023 at 12:48 PM, Bigandy said:

I agree. I wasnt criticizing him at all. I was just responding to a post about "young players" He is not a "young player" even though he still has plenty of years left in his tank. 

Totally, just wanted to take the opportunity to reaffirm that centre-backs can have longer lasting careers at their peak (as Corazon pointed out with Vitoria).

Totally, just wanted to take the opportunity to reaffirm that centre-backs can have longer lasting careers at their peak (as Corazon pointed out with Vitoria).

That is very true  Look at guys like  Franco Baresi, Fabio Cannavaro  they both got better as they were in the thirties