Dominick Zator

Dub Narcotic

18 minutes ago, Dominic94 said:

So he had to stay in Canada because of the pandemic, sucks but maybe moves during the summer.

I think he got paid enough to stay in Canada. Also, if you want to make the CanMNT, you need to clock minutes.

Angus McNab said many times that York had lots of space under the cap. They offered Zator minutes and a big pay hike. Making the National team is very important to him and Didic proved that you can play if you perform.

Don't be surprise to see more players getting good pay going forward but of course, this causes a disparity from top to bottom earner. Only a cap increase can either narrow that gap or just increase it further by signing pricier internationals (most likely)

55 minutes ago, Reign said:

There is nothing in here about the Pandemic keeping him in Canada. He signed with York because it was the highest dollar figure he was offered, and probably didn’t have a step up contract offered from a Euro club.

Sorry, missed the context and thought you were just asking where the move was confirmed. Probably not going to find anything solid that says he is just "settling" at a new club because of the pandemic. Not a good look for a new signing. 

Edit: I would add, it's as much total conjecture with what you suggest as the Pandemic theory. My own conjecture, Zator isn't turning down a contract in Europe or the MLS good money or not. At his age if he wants the step up he needs to take it now. So you might be right on the offers not being there as reported. Either way we are likely going to have to rely on hearsay twitter whispers than any facts. 

Edited by toontownman

2 minutes ago, IceCreamMan said:

From when i can tell the Superettan doesn't start until April 10th 2021... Aren't we thinking the CPL will start sometime in the same ballpark. Hopefully not a sign they don't expect to play on time. 

CPL starts May 22, at least he will have preseason in Sweden and play friendlies plus a chance to get noticed and network

Edited by Ansem

6 minutes ago, El Diego said:

I forget where I read this (probably somewhere on Twitter) but the idea is that CPL off season is too long for some of these guys, so off season loans to Europe could become common place. Seems to be the case here.

Seems to be a case of turning weakness to opportunity. The fact players can do this is great - MLS is doing this more and more as well. 

6 minutes ago, El Diego said:

I forget where I read this (probably somewhere on Twitter) but the idea is that CPL off season is too long for some of these guys, so off season loans to Europe could become common place. Seems to be the case here.

If CPL gives us the ability to get players into Europe who would otherwise be playing in USL2, MLS academies, PLSQ, or League 1 Ontario, that's fine by me.

8 minutes ago, El Diego said:

Some teams only played 3 weeks of competitive soccer last season. That's not nearly enough for anyone

6 minutes ago, CanadaFan123 said:

Seems to be a case of turning weakness to opportunity. The fact players can do this is great - MLS is doing this more and more as well. 

Yeah there's been a flurry of loan moves to the Championship in particular. I wonder how much the CBA plays into that.

Also interesting that it's mostly, if not exclusively, American players. I mean it's an American league, but there are a lot of good young foreigners who never made such a move (think Diego Rossi, Ezequiel Barco, etc.) 

Edit: I see Brian Rodriguez got a loan to Almeria https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brian_Rodríguez

Edited by Obinna