Theo Corbeanu

jordan

4 hours ago, blueseeka said:

Watched the game today. He definitely looked like the most dangerous on Grasshopper. 

Negatives: The game issues continue with him. On the other teams goal, it was off a corner and his man jumped the lane (in front of him) and scored. It looked like his fault but didnt get a wide angle replay to see what happened.

Everytime he gets the ball, it is almost always a one on one attack (usually a drive to the outside). Still lacks any instinct to pass the ball to teammates unless he is completely out of options to attack. This includes wild shots at the net that have no shot of going in. He just has such tunnel vision with the ball.

Positives: By far, the best attacking Grasshopper player. Looked surprisingly fast in this game. A very fun player to track because of his attacking nature. He took some of the corner kicks. Had two very dangerous corner kicks and one resulted in the assist on the goal. Did a decent job of tracking back defensively.

Overall: Find it very funny that the player that doesn't pass the ball, has the two assists on the only two Grasshopper goals this year. This was a much better game than we saw him play last year. 

And most importantly, It is obvious that the Wolves/ Grasshopper relationship will provide Corbeanu a real chance to develop this year.

Maybe he can become our version of Jonathan Bamba.  At least David will be used to playing with him

2 hours ago, WestHamCanadianinOxford said:

There is still time for him to learn better decision-making but we could take some of that off his plate by playing him up front.  Which works in the 352 and David and Larin miss games here and there.

Maybe in the next year or two, the game will slow down for him and he will be able to see the passes and not just put his head down every opportunity and try to beat everyone. I suspect its a rush of adrenaline to his brain that clouds his judgment all the time.

He's very direct, is a good dribbler and has a heavy shot, but I'm not sure about the foot quickness in traffic and acceleration to separate once he's beaten a player. But I'm being fussy and I hope he proves me wrong. You can't have enough confident, innovative wide players in your pool.

17 hours ago, Aird25 said:

He looks to have the attributes and skill set to be a very good player, but I think he still has a lot to learn about the game. I think we’re seeing progress though 

It's part and parcel with age comes maturity. With consistent game time comes learning.
But dribble on young blood, we need a guy like him in our A squad as a super sub.

I think Theo looks great and hope he keeps improving but I worry his team play is the reason he is being dropped from starting positions after having seemingly great attacking games. He seems to be always looking to create his own shot and passing up on passes to his team mates. This wouldn't be a problem if he was scoring every game. He has also been caught out of position when his team is on the defensive side of play.

He can pass the eye test all day long on the attacking side of the game but if the manager doesn't think he is helping the team win he will be back on the bench.

22 minutes ago, Ruffian said:

I think Theo looks great and hope he keeps improving but I worry his team play is the reason he is being dropped from starting positions after having seemingly great attacking games. He seems to be always looking to create his own shot and passing up on passes to his team mates. This wouldn't be a problem if he was scoring every game. He has also been caught out of position when his team is on the defensive side of play.

He can pass the eye test all day long on the attacking side of the game but if the manager doesn't think he is helping the team win he will be back on the bench.

I didn't see the last game but he seemed like he was trying defensively in his first game with them.