Theo Corbeanu

jordan

Not sure if anyone has posted this (full disclosure, it's well over a year old) or pays much attention to his post-match interviews, but the guy speaks super well for a young player.

Just seems really pragmatic and dedicated to success while also staying positive. Like I've said, I think he could be a potential leader since he can obviously ball and isn't afraid to express himself:

End of Half 1.

Not terrible for Corbeanu, but he's not his usual self today. Created a good chance late, but his cutback in the penalty area was squandered with a weak shot right at the keeper by his teammate. 

He then had his own one-timer at the top of the box (similar type of play) and just made a mess of it high. Granted, it was on his left foot. 

Will see what the second half brings. All square at 0-0 going into the break. 

Edited by DeRo_Is_King

2 minutes ago, DeRo_Is_King said:

End of Half 1.

Not terrible for Corbeanu, but he's not his usual self today. Created a good chance late, but his cutback in the penalty area was squandered with a weak shot right at the keeper by his teammate. 

He then had his own-timer at the top of the box (similar type of play) and just made a mess of it high. Granted, it was on his left foot. 

Will see what the second half brings. All square at 0-0 going into the break. 

Haven’t watched, but box score says he’s created 5 chances, 1 big chance, 4 dribbles, not a bad half aside from not scoring. 

20 minutes ago, InglewoodJack said:

Haven’t watched, but box score says he’s created 5 chances, 1 big chance, 4 dribbles, not a bad half aside from not scoring. 

Yes. He created other chances, but they weren't that dangerous. The big chance was his cutback, and it was a well-worked chance for sure.

Like I said, it wasn't a bad half. I just feel it could be better after watching him closely the last few weeks. He has been very impressive, so the standard is high. 

I watched some of the first half and although Corbeanu helped in the attack, him and the number 10 coulf have been more clinical. They both wasted chances. On one occassion Theo set him up and he should have scored. The other was in reverse, with Theo skying it over the net by some distance. 

Still though, he's developing nicely. No longer is he putting his head down and trying to do everything himself. He's looking for passes now. I wonder even if he's doing it a little too much at times. There was one occassion I felt he cold have cut in and went for goal himself, but he opted to pass. 

9 minutes ago, blueseeka said:

Looked very confident taking the penalty. Great for his growth as a player, first taking corners and now pk's

Honestly, he's showing he can do pretty much everything. He can pass, he can score, he can dribble, he can take set pieces and he can lead from the spot. If he keeps this up and adds a few more goals, he has a very bright future. 

The next level of course is being recalled to Wolves and producing in the EPL. I'm hesitant to see him go back there after watching other Canadians be underutilized in England, but that is the ultimate test. If he can do that, he will be a leader on the CMNT in the coming years.

Even if he just plays consistently in a top-five league, he should rank very high for the CMNT. 

Edited by DeRo_Is_King