USA vs Canada - Friday Nov 15th, Orlando FL

Herdman needs counter this and convince the lads that this game is even more important than the one, and that nothing less than going straight for the jugular is acceptable. The US will come out fired up, but if we match them and frustrate them, we can expose the doubts that are surely present in their locker room, and they will unravel.

With a solid tactical plan anything is possible on the 15th. Recent NI vs Netherlands for the majority of the match. Chelsea when they won the Champions League. We need to be super disciplined on defence. I don't think motivation is going to be a problem for our guys. 

1 hour ago, RJB said:

Not getting a result in this match runs the risk of nullifying our win in Toronto. If we lose, we almost certainly finish second basically making the win moot, save for the good feelings. 

What about the rankings??  A loss doesnt hurt us as bad..while it was essential to get the big points..high quality win against a high ranked team.  

12 minutes ago, Bison44 said:

What about the rankings??  A loss doesnt hurt us as bad..while it was essential to get the big points..high quality win against a high ranked team.  

Still bad in the rankings. A loss will cost us 6 points.  If El Salvador takes care of business in their two games we'll be 12 points behind them in the next rankings

3 hours ago, dyslexic nam said:

Not great that some of our guys seem to be in a bit of a slump.  

David didn’t seem to be as effective last game.  

Cav didn't score. 

Davies part of a 5-1 losing Bayern side (though at least he is starting).  

I hope this doesn’t carry over into the nats. 

Atiba getting rave reviews though...  >.>

Even though it's going to be a long 2 weeks waiting for November 15th, I'm getting really excited for this match. We can totally win this group.

It's about this time right before a CanMNT match that I get nervous checking the individual player threads because I start to think: What if people are posting a lot in that thread because someone is injured? 😅 Maybe I'm the only one, but right before a CanMNT match, I don't want to see the threads on Davies, Cavallini, David, etc. at the top of the forum just in case. 😉

3 minutes ago, soccer.shocker said:

My bet is Cordova is out for this one so Zator gets a look. 

Never seen Zator before both legs of the  CPL finals. Based on those matches he didn’t look any where near the quality to be considered for a call. I’m guessing he was much better during the season ?

Yeah, no disrespect to the CPL guys - especially on this day - but I don’t see any of them legitimately displacing the guys we know are in contention for a call.   Drop one of our attacking mids  for Borges?  Sorry, nope.  Drop a higher level defender for Zator or Didic?  Not for me.  Not for this one especially.