Antoine Coupland

1 minute ago, Xavier. said:

Because he's a young CPL player leaving to play on a youth/reserve side. Same situation.

Each player is going to have a different result, It's a risky move but it could work out.

Is it even risky? What did he have to lose. CPL to date has moved basically zero players to a better place. Coupland wasn’t getting anywhere that meaningful in CPL and if I were him I’d look around and see the odds of getting out are pretty slim. Feels like he’s giving himself a shot rather than waiting around on a semi-dysfunctional team. If it doesn’t work he’s in the exact same situation finding some landing spot in CPL or elsewhere. 

On 12/16/2021 at 7:37 PM, Atlantic said:

Haven't seen anything on if he's still with Braga or off to Germany now but he turned 18 on the 12th and can officially sign in Europe.

He posted highlights of himself on Youtube for this season 

Like what I see. Very dependent on his left foot, but if he can work on his right, bulk up a bit, train and play at a competitive level higher than he's experienced thus far, he could turn into a very attractive player indeed.  In these clips at least, he doesn't play scared. I like his audacity, his vision, his smarts to release the ball early for his forwards making runs.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Great news bring Antoine with the team.  The CPL is what was un need .  you hace the advanrage of social sense of course under a capitalist world but this is great news.   When countries have a good life and social idea football gets better too 

This is great to see for the kid, to think he is still only 18 years old  Hopefully he makes the most of this opportunity and can move up. Is he going in to play first team football or in their youth set up initially? Guess time will tell. Congrats to him. 

May be an image of 1 person, outdoors and text that says 'CONGRATULATIONS ANTOINE COUPLAND WHO HAS SIGNED WITH HNK RIJEKA ENERAN HNK FUTURE HNK'

2 minutes ago, TOcanadafan said:

This is a very good team.  Any indications as to first team opportunities or a loan away to a 2nd division team?

Or in their youth setup initially ie U19 as we see when many kids move overseas. Guess time will tell. 

1 hour ago, jordan said:

Could probably let him get going before making needless comparisons

God forbid a fan messageboard ever gets used for something like that when the take home message underlying it was that this appears to be a good move for him and doesn't involve a club with a few hundred fans and a dodgy owner.

Good club, and great city to be in. Have any of you seen their projected new stadium, Kantrida, on the site of the historical one of the same name: it is very nice.

http://stadiumdb.com/designs/cro/kantrida

I saw these plans a few years ago when researching for a cultural exchange, there is a lot of new architecture in the city and excellent cultural and sports facilities