Antoine Coupland

49 minutes ago, Markoaleks said:

If he had Romanian lineage/ or Mexican (with 2 sisters playing for them) we would be all over this level of talent 

good on ya lad- represent well and never forget your heritage ……….🇨🇦

unlike others 

Do you think he is on the level of those 2 propects you are alluding to?  I havnt watched much of the other 2, mainly just hype and highlights, but I have watched a fair bit of Coupland.  I can see why people are excited, but he had chances to really blow us away to prove he us a top shelf youngster like Flores.   Didnt see that yet......YET!!  But go on to europe, work hard in trials and smash it.  

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/17/2021 at 11:21 AM, boris4c said:

Le Droit confirms he is in Portugal and that he will be trialing with "different professional soccer clubs". The article also says that after Portugal, he will be in Germany, and possibly a third country as well. 

I hope it works out for him 🙏 

I really really do because I do want to see him develop into the next great Canadian player

• 2 weeks later...
37 minutes ago, Atlantic said:

Haven't seen anything on if he's still with Braga or off to Germany now but he turned 18 on the 12th and can officially sign in Europe.

He posted highlights of himself on Youtube for this season 

He's a great player, but one thing I noticed is that I doubt all of those Cruyff turns will work at higher levels, but with some solid development in an academy setup he can iron that out most likely. He does remind me of JMR a bit, they both have low center of gravities and have great dribbling skills (heck even Flores is similar). I've seen video clips of Jahkeele running circles in ussda competitions for TFC before so Antoine exhibiting this skill against grown men is promising. I hope he lands at a club where he can polish his game further! (Also I loved that he included that last bit of commentary from Dunfield)

9 hours ago, Tyler55 said:

He's a great player, but one thing I noticed is that I doubt all of those Cruyff turns will work at higher levels, but with some solid development in an academy setup he can iron that out most likely. He does remind me of JMR a bit, they both have low center of gravities and have great dribbling skills (heck even Flores is similar). I've seen video clips of Jahkeele running circles in ussda competitions for TFC before so Antoine exhibiting this skill against grown men is promising. I hope he lands at a club where he can polish his game further! (Also I loved that he included that last bit of commentary from Dunfield)

They worked for Johan, why wouldn't they work for Antoine?

10 hours ago, Tyler55 said:

I feel the exact same way about both Coupland and JMR. I think both of them entering academies and getting playing time at the youth league level will do wonders to their game. The dribbling skills are evident but they need to work on some other areas of their game like physicality. 

On another note, Coupland is in Mannheim now. SV Waldhof Mannheim are a 3. Liga side in Mannheim but he could’ve easily just travelled down from Frankfurt (where he very likely flew in to) to visit the city. Karlsruher SC (2. Bundesliga) are also pretty close by. Not too far south east on the other side of the Rhine River is Stuttgart as well. 

Edited by Atlantic

18 minutes ago, CanadaFan123 said:

He's a talented player but I do wonder about his development.

https://www.transfermarkt.us/antoine-coupland/profil/spieler/683319

577 minutes in 2 years seems like a waste for a 16-17 year old. If the team had a youth side, no problem but it's hard to develop without actual game time. 

They definitely could have played him more but hopefully he can land in a good spot.

3 hours ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

Only for those not from the Ottawa area.

The fans here really rate him.

Just like they really rated a young fellow called David, long before we had heard of him.  Good luck to him on finding a good situation in Europe and hopefully he takes his game to the next level.    

2 hours ago, CanadaFan123 said:

He's a talented player but I do wonder about his development.

https://www.transfermarkt.us/antoine-coupland/profil/spieler/683319

577 minutes in 2 years seems like a waste for a 16-17 year old. If the team had a youth side, no problem but it's hard to develop without actual game time. 

That's COVID for you! His minutes would have been for more significant with a proper 2020 season.

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/16/2021 at 10:37 PM, Atlantic said:

Haven't seen anything on if he's still with Braga or off to Germany now but he turned 18 on the 12th and can officially sign in Europe.

He posted highlights of himself on Youtube for this season 

Obviously good on the ball and has a pretty good range of passing. Though he seemed to be (with this highlight package at least) very one footed. I think I counted 2 forward passes with his right in the entire video and there were plenty of times where it looked he had passes available to him that he had to wait because he needed to cut to his left. 

Still super young and the foundations are all there though, excited to see where he ends up.