Antoine Coupland

2 hours ago, jordan said:

Can’t imagine why he would leave his environment for the B team. Though can’t imagine him getting much playing time for the A team

Isn't he aging out of the youth team, and yet to make an appearance for the senior team?

31 minutes ago, Aird25 said:

Isn't he aging out of the youth team, and yet to make an appearance for the senior team?

He’s played friendlies with the senior team, window over there is still open, would be a good option for a team maybe in the second tier. He scores a goal every other game as it stands.

1 hour ago, Dominic94 said:

Wright hasn’t been there that long and isn’t highly rated like Habibullah.

Expectations are skewing the argument.  At some point you have to leave expectations behind.

I was very high on Habibullah and think he could still be a good player but the actual play on the field isn't supporting that (either with Pacific or elsewhere).  Both were on the same U20 team and Wright was a standout and Habibullah was a passenger.  I'm pissed they pulled Wright out of regular playing time with York to zero playing time somewhere in the Vancouver system.

I really hope he sees meaningful minutes this year.

10 minutes ago, El Hombre said:

Expectations are skewing the argument.  At some point you have to leave expectations behind.

I was very high on Habibullah and think he could still be a good player but the actual play on the field isn't supporting that (either with Pacific or elsewhere).  Both were on the same U20 team and Wright was a standout and Habibullah was a passenger.  I'm pissed they pulled Wright out of regular playing time with York to zero playing time somewhere in the Vancouver system.

I really hope he sees meaningful minutes this year.

It's a shame too. I was so underwhelmed by KH, he didn't seem fast and was extremely one-footed. Players figured him out quick at the CPL level.

On 2/8/2023 at 1:52 PM, Dominic94 said:

Habbibullah looked better at the MLS level than Can PL level

Also the Whitecaps aren’t handling his development properly. 

Im not sure Pacific’s style helped in KH’s transition.

I don't remember seeing him play for Vancouver, so I had to look it up. He's played 33 minutes across 3 appearances. Did he look good or did he just not really screw up? I find typically we (myself included) rate the first few appearances very highly by the player just not looking completely out of their element. It's such a small sample space.

I'm with El Hombre though. I DO rate Lowell Wright highly. I've definitely seen more of him than Habbibullah since I'm a York United fan, but I really hope Wright is given a chance this season, even if it's just regular playing time with the second team to prove what he can do. So far it has been a very bad move for him.

1 hour ago, Kent said:

I don't remember seeing him play for Vancouver, so I had to look it up. He's played 33 minutes across 3 appearances. Did he look good or did he just not really screw up? I find typically we (myself included) rate the first few appearances very highly by the player just not looking completely out of their element. It's such a small sample space.

I'm with El Hombre though. I DO rate Lowell Wright highly. I've definitely seen more of him than Habbibullah since I'm a York United fan, but I really hope Wright is given a chance this season, even if it's just regular playing time with the second team to prove what he can do. So far it has been a very bad move for him.

He looked good in his flashes, definitely not out of place and if MDS wasn’t fighting for a job he would have played more.

Vancouver doesn’t seem to know what it’s doing with its prospects but it does seem to be willing to move them for playing time or loan them.

I am high on Wright, but I do wonder how he will break through.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...