The Road to Qatar.

Binky

The Miller injury really hurts (that just came out that way).  I feel he'd have the best balance with Vitoria, just sucks that we're left scrambling for CB again last minute. 

Vitoria starts getting benched the last few months.  Cornelius hasn't played in a long while, Miller injured, Henry just getting back. Ferriera commits, but can't find a team.  This sounds bad. 

Not what I wanted to see.  We really need some stability and at least one guy to stand out at CB.

Edited by costarg

Henry and Cornelius in a low pressure game against Aruba. Henry to get back into the swing of national team play and Cornelius to shake off some rust. Bring in Sturing off the bench if you want him to get a bit of game time and you have subs to use.

Vitoria and Kennedy vs. Suriname. Vitoria for his experience and familiarity with team tactics and Kennedy because of his high-level play in the B2 and speed.

But then if you ask me, if we beat both Aruba and Suriname and then get Haiti in the next round, I would actually want Haiti. Why? Simple. Revenge. Revenge for what happened 2 years ago in the Gold Cup but honestly back then I think it was because we underestimated Haiti which came back to bite us. Even though they came back in that game to beat us, that was a different Canada squad. Fast forward 2 years later, we have actually gotten better as a side in CONCACAF. We have much more offensive depth. Defensively, we have also gotten better too. 

32 minutes ago, MtlMario said:

What do you think would happen to Haiti if something bad happens again in their next home game? Actions have consequences!

So you're saying they got a mulligan, cause it only happened once? 

It's bonkers to not punish that, it reeks of incompetence and corruption.

Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.

I was thinking about how much I dislike "Octo" as a name for the final round. I always thought it should be "Oct" or maybe "Ocho" if you have a fondness for Dodgeball. Then I thought, why use Spanish when we could make a French/English name since we are Canadian after all. How terrible would "Sweet Huit" be?

3 hours ago, costarg said:

Everyone knows that in CONCACAF your first attempted team kidnapping for ransom is free!

11 minutes ago, Kent said:

I was thinking about how much I dislike "Octo" as a name for the final round. I always thought it should be "Oct" or maybe "Ocho" if you have a fondness for Dodgeball. Then I thought, why use Spanish when we could make a French/English name since we are Canadian after all. How terrible would "Sweet Huit" be?

I like your line of thinking, but if we forsake this opportunity to call it 'The Ocho', we will regret this. I just hope it's covered on ESPN8.

32 minutes ago, Kent said:

Very terrible 

I know its cool to abbreviate everything but calling it Octagon sounds pretty good to me

Edited by SpursFlu

37 minutes ago, Kent said:

Lots of us have used the "Ocho" at some point, but it never seemed to catch on.  I am a fan though.

4 hours ago, costarg said:

To be clearer I think they (Haiti) should of been punished the first time it happened but I'm (we) not the one making the decisions. And I don't give a shit if the country is corrupt or if the actions were organized as you say, you screw up you pay the price!

This is Haiti's squad:

Gardiens : Johnny Placide (Tsarsko Selo / Bulgarie), Josué Duverger (Vitoria Setubal / Portugal) et Andy Bordenave (Real Hope FA)

Défenseurs : Stéphane Lambèse (US Orléans / France), Wilde-Donald Guerrier (Apollon Limassol/ Chypre), Alex Christian Jr (Atyrau FK/ Kazakhstan), Jems Geffrard (Wanderers d’Halifax / Canada), Ricardo Adé (Mushuc Runa / Équateur), Carlens Arcus (AJ Auxerre/ France) et Mechack Jérôme (El Paso Locomotive / USA)

Mileux (7): Soni Mustivar (Nea Salamina Famagusta, Chypre), Bicou Bissainthe (Real Hope FA), Kevin Lafrance (AEK Larnaca, Chypre), Bryan Alcéus (Gaz Metan Médias, Roumanie), Leverton Pierre (USL Dunkerque, France), Simonsen Jeppe (SønderjyskE, Danemark), Mikaël Cantal (Espagne)

Attaquants (6): Duckens Nazon (STVV, Belgique), Frantzdy Pierrot (EA Guingamp, France), Don Deedson Louicius (IK Hobro, Danemark), Hervé Bazile (Le Havre, France), Carnejy Antoine (US Orléans, France), Derrick Etienne (Columbus Crew, USA).

https://www.gazettehaiti.com/node/3577

Edited by narduch

Valour's Andre Jean-Baptiste is once again not called up. He tweeted back in March something implying there's more to the omission but Rob Gale talked him down. Wonder what the situation is. If Geffrard is getting calls, no reason AJB shouldn't be either.

20 minutes ago, narduch said:

This is Haiti's squad:

La liste complète :
3 gardiens : Johny Placide, Andy Bordenave et Josué Duverger ;
7 defenseurs : Carlens Arcus, Stéphane Lambèse, Jems Geffrard, Ricardo Adé, Mechack Jerôme, Alex Christian Junior et Donald Guerrier ;
7 milieux : Soni Mustivar, Steeven Saba, Kevin Lafrance, Bryan Alcéus, Leverton Pierre, Simonsen Jeppe et Roberto Baggio Louima ;
6 attaquants : Duckens Nazon, Frantzdy Pierrot, Don Deedson Louicius, Hervé Bazile, Carnejy Antoine et Derrick Etienne.

https://www.gazettehaiti.com/node/3577

A little more detail here:

https://lenouvelliste.com/article/229256/23-grenadiers-partent-en-stage-en-republique-voisine

• Admin locked this topic