The Road to Qatar.

Binky

1 minute ago, El Hombre said:

Doesn't it just look like that because we controlled the game so much?  Herdman has recognized the fact that Larin is successful in Turkey because he's not playing as an out and out striker.  Why would he say that and then do exactly the opposite?

Maybe, but then mentioning formations is pointless than... because Laryea was as high as RW in that game. Kinda like when we played 2-5-3 against U.S. Virgin Islands. Herdman has said Davies is a LB, and continued to play him their - but eventually changing that tune. So his words at this point aren’t “gold”.

2 minutes ago, N1ckbr0wn said:

Doesn’t matter what Armas says/wants. If Osorio wants to be there in June, he will. And something tells me, he wants to be there.

Its also a long window (4 games).

What if he isn't fit for Aruba but will be available for Suriname and Haiti? You have to take him.

4 minutes ago, N1ckbr0wn said:

Doesn’t matter what Armas says/wants. If Osorio wants to be there in June, he will. And something tells me, he wants to be there.

From your previous posts, I know you are much closer to sources at teams then most, but I can’t imagine it’s this straightforward.

Just now, narduch said:

Its also a long window (4 games).

What if he isn't fit for Aruba but will be available for Suriname and Haiti? You have to take him.

To then throw him in?

The way I see it, there might be limited rotation after Suriname. 

Wotherspoon, Hutchinson, Eustaqiou, and Kaye I suspect will be the middle guys we’ll consistently see... barring any injuries. 

7 minutes ago, trc2014 said:

From your previous posts, I know you are much closer to sources at teams then most, but I can’t imagine it’s this straightforward.

You are right in a sense. Armas/TFC will do everything in their power to convince Osorio to stay, but in the end Canada called Osorio to a sanctioned FIFA event during a sanctioned FIFA Window and Osorio gets the last say as to what he wants to do. 

if Osorio is indefinitely out injury wise then he won’t be there, that’s facts. But if he’s in a day to day/bench option kind of situation, it’s all up to him if he feels fit to come.

Edited by N1ckbr0wn

2 minutes ago, Shway said:

To then throw him in?

The way I see it, there might be limited rotation after Suriname. 

Wotherspoon, Hutchinson, Eustaqiou, and Kaye I suspect will be the middle guys we’ll consistently see... barring any injuries. 

Yes. He's is an experienced professional.

4 games in that short a span will be a grind. We really need to be calling in a 30 player roster. There is nothing stopping us from using a different squad of 23 each game.

14 minutes ago, N1ckbr0wn said:

You are right in a sense. Armas/TFC will do everything in their power to convince Osorio to stay, but in the end Canada called Osorio to a sanctioned FIFA event during a sanctioned FIFA Window and Osorio gets the last say as to what he wants to do. 

if Osorio is indefinitely out injury wise then he won’t be there, that’s facts. But if he’s in a day to day/bench option kind of situation, it’s all up to him if he feels fit to come.

Yeah but at the risk of angering a new coach at your club if injury issues continue?  Tough decision for Oso.

now that they are saying the roster release will be Saturday, I wonder if Oso is the reason - if it’s that on the fence and they want to give him as much time as possible.

Edited by trc2014

15 minutes ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

The Bermuda squad:

https://www.bermudafa.com/home-news-posts/bfa-announce-squad-for-upcoming-wcq-matches

Wells is out.

I think Suriname wins by at least 3 goals.

Not only is Wells out but so are a bunch of others.  This is a team of scrubs.  Significantly worse than the team we played, from the looks of it.

Best case scenario, they try to run Suriname ragged and the game gets chippy.

2 minutes ago, Obinna said:

I question how fit Osorio is after watching him with Toronto. I know he's a core player for our team, but I am not sure how badly I want to call him if he's not 100%, not to mention that further injury could set him back.

Why would Armas play him if he wasn't fit?

26 minutes ago, El Hombre said:

Not only is Wells out but so are a bunch of others.  This is a team of scrubs.  Significantly worse than the team we played, from the looks of it.

Best case scenario, they try to run Suriname ragged and the game gets chippy.

Yeah I think they're gonna put everything into Gold Cup qualifying when July comes. Makes sense.

1 hour ago, TGAA_Star said:

In a 4-3-3 with no Arfield or no Osorio, my starting XI

GK- Milan Borjan

LB- Sam Adekugbe

CB- Steven Vitoria

CB- Doneil Henry

RB- Alistair Johnston

CDM- Stephen Eustaquio

LCM- Atiba Hutchinson (captain)

RCM- David Wotherspoon

LW- Alphonso Davies

CF- Cyle Larin

RW- Jonathan David

Whoa! no Laryea?  How and why? He's one of 3 players I'm building the formation around.

19 minutes ago, costarg said:

Whoa! no Laryea?  How and why? He's one of 3 players I'm building the formation around.

I mean I wanted to include him in my 11 but I went with Johnston mainly because he has been impressive or just as impressive at RB as Laryea has. Plus he's new blood. 

@El Hombre to translate my previous question into a statement:

Armas pulled Osorio because he likely wasn't fit enough to play the 90 minutes, which doesn't sound good if we are talking about him playing for Canada next week.

Or to play devil's advocate, Armas just pulled Osorio because he wasn't having an impact, which would be less concerning, but still not a great sign.

37 minutes ago, Alex said:

Kind of off topic here but nonetheless relevant, does anybody know how Canada basketball can play their Olympic qualifiers in Victoria at the end of June? When we can’t play at home?

Probably because the time frames, the incoming basketball players can quarantine or pretend to quarantine for whatever the period is. The soccer players, considering we don't even have a squad yet, will be playing a few days after arriving. I think all incoming travelers have to quarantine and if your coming from the US and not Canadian you're not even allowed here. I could be wrong on that

That's my guess

Edited by SpursFlu

58 minutes ago, Alex said:

Kind of off topic here but nonetheless relevant, does anybody know how Canada basketball can play their Olympic qualifiers in Victoria at the end of June? When we can’t play at home?

I'm guessing the basketball is played inside as well, where risk of transmission is much higher, which makes it even more strange, but yeah I think SpursFlu is probably right.

• Admin locked this topic