The Road to Qatar.

Binky

Strong squad. No Atiba hurts but we should be fine still. Even without him there is still a battle in midfield with Wotherspoon in such fine form together with regulars like Piette, Osorio and Kaye. Then add in arguably our best midfielder in Eustaquio. 

The omission of Gutierrez is surprising. Anyone know if he’s injured?

3 minutes ago, CanadaFan123 said:

Strong squad. No Atiba hurts but we should be fine still. Even without him there is still a battle in midfield with Wotherspoon in such fine form together with regulars like Piette, Osorio and Kaye. Then add in arguably our best midfielder in Eustaquio. 

Pretty sure he is injured along with miller

3 minutes ago, CanadaFan123 said:

I do find it surprising myself

I think ZBG loses out to Buchanan & Johnston (former provides more offense if needed, latter provides more assured defending if needed). However, I expect he, Crepeau, Baldisimo, Pasher, Chapman, Edwards, a couple of the young TFC kids etc. will all be on the Gold Cup team

Pretty sure it'll be Borjan as captain. He's worn the armband before for us no? If we're not cap tying St Clair this is my bet.

Vitoria would be a good candidate except some on here don't think he should start. 

Dark horse as captain would be Hoilett. Remember when people here were wondering IF he should be called. 2 years ago who would think we would name a quad without Hoilett, Hutch or Arfield?! That was supposed to be our strength last gold cup!(if I remember correctly).

1 hour ago, Kadenge said:

Not shocking but no Akinola

I wonder if he will be in the 10 person practice squad.  Good substitute for him missing the January camp to get a feel for the program.  Can then comfortably make his decision for the Gold Cup rosters.

Squad looks more than capable of winning the first two.  It’s too bad we are missing both Arfield and Hutch as they are a touch above the rest of our midfield, but at least now we have solid pros waiting to step in.  The missing of those 2 in previous cycles would have been a much larger issue.  And to my surprise Wotherspoon played really well last time and makes the omissions even easier to take.  Hopefully there will be some recovered players in the taxi squad that can step in as needed when we get through.  Would love to hear that Hutch will be there and able to play in the two legged tie.

• Admin locked this topic