The Road to Qatar.

Binky

9 minutes ago, narduch said:

Haha I give up.

They called up their newest dual-national thinking the one-time-switch paperwork would come through in time but it hasn't :D

And Donald Guerrier is still fighting with the FHF for money owed from the 2019 Gold Cup.

Let's just say that the FHF lives on the edge in a way that the CSA doesn't.

Edited by Olympique_de_Marseille

4 hours ago, N1ckbr0wn said:

Friday afternoon or Saturday before Canadian MLS games as per Galindo

Makes sense considering our matches are on the 5th and 8th right? Either way I'm just excited. Lookin forward to seeing who is included or who is dropped.

Because no Osorio, because no Arfield. I 100% think we should start like this 

Cavallini 

Davies     David    Larin

Eustaquio Atiba 

Get your best players on the pitch. I think the only other option is to slide Wotherspoon in to an attacking midfield role

Edited by SpursFlu

1 minute ago, SpursFlu said:

Because no Osorio, because no Arfield. I 100% think we should start like this 

Cavallini 

Davies     David    Larin

Eustaquio Atiba 

Get your best players on the pitch

I regularly see people have their XIs feature David as a #10 in a 4-2-3-1 when Herdman has never used that formation ever.

In a 4-3-3 with no Arfield or no Osorio, my starting XI

GK- Milan Borjan

LB- Sam Adekugbe

CB- Steven Vitoria

CB- Doneil Henry

RB- Alistair Johnston

CDM- Stephen Eustaquio

LCM- Atiba Hutchinson (captain)

RCM- David Wotherspoon

LW- Alphonso Davies

CF- Cyle Larin

RW- Jonathan David

20 minutes ago, VinceA said:

I regularly see people have their XIs feature David as a #10 in a 4-2-3-1 when Herdman has never used that formation ever.

He talked it up going in to the last camp but there was no David there. It could also play out as a 4 4 2 or 4 4 1 1

Edited by SpursFlu

29 minutes ago, VinceA said:

He also never played a 4-4-2...but we seen it against Bermuda. 

My issue with that is, we haven’t found “our style” of play. It’s not unanimous in the sense where guys know what they need to do in specific positions - albeit defence. We’ve seen sooo many formations deployed, I just wonder how it will look in the Octo playing better teams (god willing)

2 minutes ago, Shway said:

He also never played a 4-4-2...but we seen it against Bermuda. 

My issue with that is, we haven’t found “our style” of play. It’s not unanimous in the sense where guys know what they need to do in specific positions - albeit defence. We’ve seen sooo many formations deployed, I just wonder how it will look in the Octo playing better teams (god willing)

We played a 4-4-2 against the US. 

3 minutes ago, PiedPilko said:

Was it really a 4-4-2 vs Bermuda? Wasn't it Cavallini up top with Larin playing behind him? It's listed as a 4-2-3-1 on a few sites. 

Cmon, anyone watching the game saw Larin playing essentially as a striker. 

2 minutes ago, Shway said:

Doesn't it just look like that because we controlled the game so much?  Herdman has recognized the fact that Larin is successful in Turkey because he's not playing as an out and out striker.  Why would he say that and then do exactly the opposite?

1 minute ago, Shway said:

That's how he plays though... when someone else is occupying the CB's, he finds space high in the box, same with David. They're both excellent poachers who aren't particularly good at making their own space. There's a really important distinction there, and it's why we need Cavallini to start in front of them both in a 4-2-3-1.

• Admin locked this topic