OneSoccer

Foreen

Still a bit annoyed they are cheaping out with software and havent upgraded to something that allows the viewer to pause the live game or rewind. There is no excuse for this imo. They upped subscription cost and have had time to iron out kinks. 

I didnt find the feed a problem last year to be honest. I felt the picture was maybe better but I have also upped my internet! It crashed 4 times. Never did that last year for me at least. So if anything I am paying extra for a regressed service. 

Like @Ruffian I didnt mind the virtual stadium at all. Better than nothing. Especially when they fixed the glitches more. 

I (and I assume everyone) had weird problems with sound in the pre show ads. It is like they didnt level the volume so some were really quite and others told loud.  Then the editing was a bit shit a couple of times cutting into the sharman show late and out of the after show early?  Hopefully easy fixes though. 

1 minute ago, toontownman said:

I (and I assume everyone) had weird problems with sound in the pre show ads. It is like they didnt level the volume so some were really quite and others told loud.  Then the editing was a bit **** a couple of times cutting into the sharman show late and out of the after show early?  Hopefully easy fixes though. 

Ye there were a bunch of issues with sounds levels and I saw a lot of the mouse cursor on the screen. The good thing is these issues are likely just being the first day live this year with a lot of changes jitters and can be resolved.

A couple of points: 

-Agreed on the weird audio/volume problems. I didn't have any audio via my Roku stream for a good two minutes when things went live at 7 PM EDT, and every time they showed the bloody anthem commercial it felt like my living room was vibrating. 
-I had some issues with the feed crashing, but I think that's more my internet connection than it is the platform. 
-In terms of value for money, I'm actually ok with where things are going. They've added more pre- and post-game content, upgraded the sets, brought in new hosts/contributors, and it felt like the video resolution was way better last night that it was last year. I noticed that they also uploaded the complete match within (at most) 12 hours, which is a step up from last year. That said, I don't have streaming subscriptions to DAZN, BeIN, the NHL, etc., so I don't have much to compare to. 
-I'm a very, very big fan of the virtual stadium. Again, I was seriously worried that having nationally televised matches with only make-shift lighting platforms and team buses as a backdrop would look horribly unprofessional. Not only does the virtual stadium add something more to the on-screen product, but it provides a lot of good advertising revenue (sidenote: I was impressed to see a lot of new sponsors buying airtime. I'm hoping that this is a good indication that more companies are stepping up to invest in the league and that they see this as a worthwhile venture). 
-Finally, I suspect they had the season (tournament?) opener a few days before the CBC and CHCH broadcasts for just these reasons - that they can work out some kinks. I don't expect everything to be fixed (the disappearing ball is a bit weird, but I don't see it as a major issue), but it's at least time to refine some camera angles and sort out the audio. 

Play on!

As i sit in my backyard on a Friday night, giving me time to think ( a nice red helps too!)

As a Forge fan ( went to Calgary for the final game with my son), I watched last night and was super impressed. The stadium graphics looked good and the production pre, during and post game was amazing- on par with anything TSN or Sportsnet would do.

I figuratively “pinch” myself that CanPL has come this far with the help of One Soccer support. We have gone from literally nothing to this and I hope we, as Canada Soccer supporters do everything we can to support this endeavour. 

The cost of the season pass is reasonable - equals 3 large pints at BMO and am sure many on this board have spent this amount or more  at Tim Hortons Field, BMO or any other MLS or CPL stadium ( I have) on adult beverages, so lets not whine about the cost, or that CHCH/CBC get matches that somehow “devalue” our One soccer subscriptions but embrace where we are today vs 2 short years ago.  
While I acknowledge that the app can be testy- I wanted to re-watch Forge v Calgary today and the app had the game as an option but it was not working , I for one will embrace and support the league in all manners ( kits, league sponsors and One Soccer too)

The descriptions for the two CBC games tomorrow on the TV guide haven't updated yet for me, still says To Be Announced. It sucks that some potential casual viewers probably won't watch because they don't even know soccer is on.

@Markoaleks - agree. The future looks bright if we can just get around covid.

We need a period of grace for sure. There are going to be kinks in all facets of the league on and off the pitch. It will take time to grow and improve.

It should not stop people being constructive in criticism of where and how they can improve and letting both the league and one soccer know. In my opinion. Expectations need to be realistic though and feedback needs to be given rather than incessant whining and not trying to help. Not saying that is or isnt happening.

56 minutes ago, Bdog said:

The descriptions for the two CBC games tomorrow on the TV guide haven't updated yet for me, still says To Be Announced. It sucks that some potential casual viewers probably won't watch because they don't even know soccer is on.

Both games fully noted on my Bell app and guide.  

D5C84BF0-1582-4389-BBC1-2777E5B8F1E4.jpeg

113B4F9F-8717-4276-828E-4CCCBF187713.jpeg

10 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

Both games fully noted on my Bell app and guide.  

D5C84BF0-1582-4389-BBC1-2777E5B8F1E4.jpeg

113B4F9F-8717-4276-828E-4CCCBF187713.jpega

I'm with Rogers. Hopefully they change it soon. I also noticed CHCH says 2019 for Sunday's game, I'd probably assume it's a replay if I didn't follow the league.

Anyone else have their OneSoccer account “cancelled by customer support agent” in the last day or so? I watched the Forge Cavalry game no problem and was settling down to watch today’s games and I have no access. I don’t see a spot to renew either. Are we forced to join the Collective? What am I missing?

Edit: NVM. Found the re-subscribe option....

Edited by shorty

18 hours ago, Bdog said:

I'm with Rogers. Hopefully they change it soon.

They did change it overnight. "From UPEI Artificial Turf Field".

I guess Artificial Turf is the sponsor? :)

I wonder how much BLM paid for the sponsorship ...

Edit - okay, I've only been watching a couple of minutes ... but on CBC every time the ball gets kicked high, it disappears behind the fake, empty, stands. That's not right ...

Hopefully those paying for this, don't have to put up with that.

Edited by nfitz

13 minutes ago, narduch said:

CBC is doing a good job presenting the matches.

They have their own crew and aren't just taking the One Soccer feed.

They did the same last year. I believe that's standard for CBC Sports — they have to have their own graphics and commentators on anything they show on their channels (rather than just grabbing another feed like TSN and Sportsnet commonly do).

14 minutes ago, toontownman said:

Was fine on mine? Didnt seem any different to one soccer. 

It looks bad on my 60 inch TV.

It looks ok when I watch the matches on One Soccer on my phone.

On CBC you can tell the virtual stadium graphics have too low a resolution 

Edited by narduch

Not widely available to US viewers - probably worse than TSN2 reach in Canada but Fox Sports 2 or FS2 is carrying CPL matches.

Today's Y9/ATO, Wednesday HFX/Forge and Y9/Valour next Saturday so far listed.

https://www.ontvtonight.com/guide/listings/channel/690446261/fox-sports-2.html?dt=2020-08-18

For today's matches, I thought the ads were more readable than Thursday night. Could be due to day matches but they also made the bottom ads more bigger than on Thursday. But some of them were moving too fast.

Feed was same as OneSoccer ex for when Andi Petrillo was on. And ex no in match ads but banner ads for PEI & Westjet were the same. Forrest works for OneSoccer also and Reed did work for them last year. Don't know he was reupped for this year.

Dunlop on Y9/ATO match on OneSoccer wasn't great. Monotone most of the time, missed subs, misread plays like ATO's second goal and confused about red card (but Reed was also but less).

Edited by red card

On 8/13/2020 at 2:54 PM, toontownman said:

I watched the first 3 episodes of Bringing it home, after I signed up last night. Exceptional imo

I have been meaning to come to this thread to recommend Bringing It Home. I agree, it is very well done. Last year watching a York 9 game with lots of empty seats in a small stadium made the league look small time. This series though makes the league look very professional.

They even sent a crew to T&T to follow a single player going home to see his family. I have only seen the first 2 episodes but looking forward to watching the rest.

@Kent noticed the stadiums too, great point. They did a great job with camera shots making stadiums look busy even when in reality they weren't. Also the shots of the play they filmed specially were new angles that made the games feel fresh. 

Quite like one nation and coast to coast so far. My only small peeve is they are a bit short. Especially post game. Really no need to cut things short. They only seem to start warming up when they are finish with one nation. Hope they add a womens soccer show. 

Lastly I only caught the CBC coverage for the second game but the black lives matter segment at the half time with y9 was really good. I hope they air the whole thing (maybe they did after I didnt see). Kyle porter spoke exceptionally well.