OneSoccer

Foreen

Not to mention the state of the website. Search options dont work fully. Menus are old and not updated. When you click on CPL you get old stuff. "Inside the bubble" which I saw live for the first time yesterday, doesnt exist on the website.

They are simply just cheaping out but charging more. I forgot how much the website and things like not being able to rewind live streams pissed me off last year. Still not updated. 

They have a news website they just unveiled but it's not linked to their streaming site. Wtf? Why is it not merged together? 

If they want to keep subscribers they need to seriously up their game. They certainly wont attract new subscribers. Its light years behind every other streaming service. A huge shame given how good lots of the filmed content is. The platform simply doesnt come close to matching.

I was watching the York 9 game the other day. Casting from my phone to my chrome cast/TV. I went to do something at halftime, came back and it was disconnected. I spent 5 minutes trying to get the game back on. Some of that might be my relative inexperience with casting, but I think it was mostly if not completely on OneSoccer. I got to see a Forge vs York 9 graphic to prove they knew what I wanted to watch, but the game wasn’t coming on.

I have had two to three connection errors for each game. It's not my internet it's one soccer. I seem to be getting off lightly in comparison to others I know. If you refresh it is fine again generally but an inconvenience when you have to cast or hook up your laptop via hdmi. I have a firestick but sods law they dont have the app on there or consoles yet.

26 minutes ago, Kent said:

I was watching the York 9 game the other day. Casting from my phone to my chrome cast/TV. I went to do something at halftime, came back and it was disconnected. I spent 5 minutes trying to get the game back on. Some of that might be my relative inexperience with casting, but I think it was mostly if not completely on OneSoccer. I got to see a Forge vs York 9 graphic to prove they knew what I wanted to watch, but the game wasn’t coming on.

I've been using Chromecast for various services since the first generation.  There's an issue with the OneSoccer app.  You were better than me I couldn't even get it to cast a single time.  I switched over to CBC Gem and watched the game there instead without issue.  

Even on my laptop in the browser I was getting error messages.  

1 hour ago, Kent said:

Sometimes the Chromecast's memory (Ram) becomes full. Try unplugging it and plugging in again. I experience this if it is casting for a long time.

4 hours ago, Ruffian said:

Sometimes the Chromecast's memory (Ram) becomes full. Try unplugging it and plugging in again. I experience this if it is casting for a long time.

I think that’s what eventually got it to work. I have cast the TekSavvy TV app for an hour or so, turned off the TV and come back many hours later and turned on the TV to find that TekSavvy is still streaming away. Maybe OneSoccer isn’t freeing up memory like it should be?

Just in case there is someone at OneSoccer who checks in on this thread every once in a while. (PM me if you want to reach out!). After a hugely frustrating night I went to the website and filled out the "contact form" with this short essay, clicked Send, and nothing happened.

"I was a subscriber during the CPL season last year and got the year subscription before COVID this year (starting with Women's Olympic qualifying).

Tonight I had the worst experience ever with OneSoccer. I tried to watch the York 9 vs Pacific game. I was casting from my iPhone app to a Chrome Cast connected to my TV. In the first half the stream stopped working and I had to unplug my Chrome Cast and try again to get it working. This has been happening consistently through the first few games I have watched this season. At half time I decided to pre-emptively give my Chrome Cast a break, because I was concerned it was a memory issue or something. I tried to reconnect at the end of half time and it took a couple minutes to get the stream up, but I got it just in time. But, I only managed to watch about 5 or 6 minutes of the second half, trying to get it to work between Chrome Cast, my iPad (completely failed on that app, it won't even start for some reason), and my PC. It was a VERY frustrating night. The service needs to be better than this!!! Next time I might just watch it on the tiny screen of my phone and see how that goes. Disappointing!"

If I had known how tonight was going to go, I would have given my undivided attention to the TFC game on TSN instead of missing it to frantically try to get the York 9 stream back up.

Apologies for the rant.

45 minutes ago, Kent said:

Just in case there is someone at OneSoccer who checks in on this thread every once in a while. (PM me if you want to reach out!). After a hugely frustrating night I went to the website and filled out the "contact form" with this short essay, clicked Send, and nothing happened.

"I was a subscriber during the CPL season last year and got the year subscription before COVID this year (starting with Women's Olympic qualifying).

Tonight I had the worst experience ever with OneSoccer. I tried to watch the York 9 vs Pacific game. I was casting from my iPhone app to a Chrome Cast connected to my TV. In the first half the stream stopped working and I had to unplug my Chrome Cast and try again to get it working. This has been happening consistently through the first few games I have watched this season. At half time I decided to pre-emptively give my Chrome Cast a break, because I was concerned it was a memory issue or something. I tried to reconnect at the end of half time and it took a couple minutes to get the stream up, but I got it just in time. But, I only managed to watch about 5 or 6 minutes of the second half, trying to get it to work between Chrome Cast, my iPad (completely failed on that app, it won't even start for some reason), and my PC. It was a VERY frustrating night. The service needs to be better than this!!! Next time I might just watch it on the tiny screen of my phone and see how that goes. Disappointing!"

If I had known how tonight was going to go, I would have given my undivided attention to the TFC game on TSN instead of missing it to frantically try to get the York 9 stream back up.

Apologies for the rant.

I feel your pain! I watch the games on my smart TV by using the internet browser to login to OneSoccer. For the most part it works better than what you’ve experienced, but my feed has dropped at least twice in each match so far. For me, it’s as simple as hitting refresh and pressing play again, but still, it really shouldn’t happen. 

6 minutes ago, Ams1984 said:

I feel your pain! I watch the games on my smart TV by using the internet browser to login to OneSoccer. For the most part it works better than what you’ve experienced, but my feed has dropped at least twice in each match so far. For me, it’s as simple as hitting refresh and pressing play again, but still, it really shouldn’t happen. 

I have two TVs. One is relatively small and old, and not a smart TV. The other one is bigger, newer and smarter. I would feel bad if I banished my wife to the worse TV so I can watch a loading spinner on the big TV.

Edit: I should add that the other games I have watched have been more similar to your experiences. Today was (so far this season) an outlier.

Edited by Kent

Just now, Kent said:

I have two TVs. One is relatively small and old, and not a smart TV. The other one is bigger, newer and smarter. I would feel bad if I banished my wife to the worse TV so I can watch a loading spinner on the big TV.

You probably don't want to watch it on a large TV as the virtual stadium looks bad.

1 minute ago, narduch said:

You probably don't want to watch it on a large TV as the virtual stadium looks bad.

To me it looks better than crab grass, light poles, and fencing that would look like I’m watching a L1O game...but I guess that’s my opinion.

They even catered to some people’s political complaints for this game.

5 minutes ago, Shway said:

To me it looks better than crab grass, light poles, and fencing that would look like I’m watching a L1O game...but I guess that’s my opinion.

Sure. What I mean is the graphics are low resolution. 

19 minutes ago, Shway said:

You mean ‘someone’s complaints about politics’ right? Ha ha...

^ Good.  Doing the deals with whoever they can to do the deal.  Sure it isn't going to all add up to a pot of gold but the league will be richer than it was last week.  Also sure the exposure gained won't be any great wonder either but good job regardless and an indication that putting together a solid, professional, production does indeed have value.

Bad.  The signal is good for crashing once each half and I have damned good internet in my place.  Not a huge deal if annoying, until yesterday when it went down in stoppage time.  Ug.