7 hours ago, Shway said:

Don’t flatter yourself - but I guess you can tell the buddies your “story”. 

Don’t take yourself so seriously buddy. I’m doing something called “joking” with you. I know, it’s a bit of a lost art in 2020... and for what it’s worth, they obviously DID NOT listen to me; there was still tons of BLM tokenism all over the digital stadium and on the jerseys. It was much less in your face though, so win-win as they say. Cheer up, don’t take things so bloody seriously. You’ll live longer. 

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sorry, why are you posting these articles about the CPL (as in Caribbean Premier League - cricket)?  

I know everyone is kind of ticked off by the new Subcription fee for The Island Games. But you've gotta love what OneSoccer is doing here. The investment is real and meaningful. DAZN is a better value

Some good news!  

Posted Images

Just now, Kent said:

Says the guy who argued for 3 or 4 pages about three words on a screen.

Here’s another one. Wow... you guys seem like a fun lot. 

I’m afraid you’ve got the order of things wrong though: A poster made a comment about how BLM tokenism was ‘class’, to which I replied that I disagreed. Simple. Except it’s 2020, and society is inundated by hyper sensitive activists. I then received 3 pages of comments misconstruing my words and impugning my motives. I responded. Not complicated. 

2 minutes ago, Ams1984 said:

Here’s another one. Wow... you guys seem like a fun lot. 

I’m afraid you’ve got the order of things wrong though: A poster made a comment about how BLM tokenism was ‘class’, to which I replied that I disagreed. Simple. Except it’s 2020, and society is inundated by hyper sensitive activists. I then received 3 pages of comments misconstruing my words and impugning my motives. I responded. Not complicated. 

I was pointing out the irony. It’s a joke. Don’t take things so seriously.

Anyone have any idea why I can watch repeats on my laptop but when I tried to watch the live game yesterday it just gave me an error message? What would allow one to stream while the other could not?

(Was able to get the game on my phone no problem.)

OMG.  It was brutal tonight.  Crash-cRAsh-craSH.  Watch the next match on the console or the computer, maybe it's my KODI. 

AND the afternoon match wasn't up yet when I got home from work.  OOOH I was hot. Thought for sure the neighbour would be nosing around wondering who it was getting  murdered.    

Honestly! And we are the hardcore. No casual that tried it would ever come back. We all need to be sending emails (which is against my better nature). We all want this to succeed, it's not trolling but the service as it is is unacceptable. They need a whole new system and hosting platform. We have literally paid for it. Paid MORE for it! It simply has to be better. 

And nothing exists in a vacuum.  Anyone watching footie in this country has DAZN.  There is a point of comparison whether they like it or not. 

That being said, I still think that they're light years ahead of where they were last year.  Absolutely.  Video quality (WHEN IT WORKS) is superior.  Studios and on screen personalities have expanded, improved, and are being presented much better.  Really are heading in the right direction and I can't wait until WCQ starts.  I expect THEY can't wait until WCQ starts either.

Working out the technical crap has to be the easiest part of the gig.  Might be the cheapest too. 

@Cheeta I think probably that is what makes things the most irritating of all. They have a high quality level of production and content (although certainly they could offer more for upping the price) but the tech issues drag everything down so much.

The hosting platform is terrible. They need a website that combines their news site and video content together. Its not even linked on the onesoccer page. So lazy. Schedule is rarely right, search feature doesnt always work and content isnt uploaded in a timely fashion. Inside the bubble isn't even available. Some of that is platform. Some of that seems like general laziness, there should be no excuse. Not sure the hosting/streaming platform is a cheap fix though. It is a pivotal and vital one though if they want to continue to operate.

1 hour ago, narduch said:

Even right now there is no replay of the HFX v Forge game. They need to get the replays up quicker.

Also when I went to look at their schedule yesterday it stopped at the Ottawa v Valour game. Nothing else was listed after that.

The replay is on YouTube. They definitely need to get the content up on all locations fast and at the same time.

On 8/19/2020 at 7:30 PM, toontownman said:

Must be revenues. Might put a bit of pressure on tsn and sportsnet if the CPL starts popping up elsewhere. 

Why would you think these deals are increasing the leagues revenue?  I would think any deal like this would first be used by OneSoccer to offset their losses before any additional payment to the league, and OneSoccer surely can't be making any money right now.

22 minutes ago, Watchmen said:

Why would you think these deals are increasing the leagues revenue?  I would think any deal like this would first be used by OneSoccer to offset their losses before any additional payment to the league, and OneSoccer surely can't be making any money right now.

My bad. I misread league as onesoccer/onemedia in my head. Money would be going to one media or onesoccers revenue line first likely, as you say? League wont see any of it surely unless they have something written into the contract with one media. Could be some sort of commission from overseas deals and distribution even though one media are the brokers? Depends what was initially agreed between the league and One Media. Guess its possible clubs might even benefit from it like other leagues. I am hazy on the original details when it was announced! 

1 minute ago, Ruffian said:

I watched One Soccer a lot this weekend and did not have the technical difficulties I noticed previously. How did other people's streaming of the games go?

I usually don't have issues but had the stream disconnect a few times in yesterday's late game.

I usually only use the app though. I don't cast to a TV.