Forge FC (Hamilton) launch/2019 offseason thread

RS

15 minutes ago, badname22 said:

My first love game! I’m also bringing a friend who hasn’t been either so do any of you more experience folk have any tips to get the most out of the experience?

Make sure you phone's fully charged and pull it out and press record on every set piece, layer up, bring orange or white streamers if you're near one of the corners to throw at York players, save your pee breaks til halftime and full time so you don't miss a goal, and prepare to lose your voice. You will have a lot of fun and will find yourself high fiving strangers as you celebrate Forge scoring...this is your first live game, but it probably won't be your last live game?

Edited by KW519

To the people that won tickets for the opener. What kind of turn around time was it from entering to getting notification you won? I'm planning on going to the game but I don't really want to sign up for free tickets and then have to wait and miss my chance to buy with the V's or something and miss out on the game entirely. I suspect virtually everybody, or actually everybody, that tries to win tickets will get them, but the uncertainty of it makes me nervous. I actually kind of wish they would just let me buy single game tickets.

I thought my issue might be solved since single game tickets are now available for CPL games, however it looks like the inaugural game doesn't have them available. I assume that's because they are reserved for this give-away.

@badname22, @Ansem, how long did you have to wait to find out that you had won tickets?

3 hours ago, Kent said:

I thought my issue might be solved since single game tickets are now available for CPL games, however it looks like the inaugural game doesn't have them available. I assume that's because they are reserved for this give-away.

@badname22, @Ansem, how long did you have to wait to find out that you had won tickets?

Tell told me I won tickets on March 29.

9 minutes ago, Ansem said:

Tell told me I won tickets on March 29.

But when did you sign up to try to win them? March 28th? March 6th? I kind of want to avoid signing up to try to win tickets, and a week later panic and buy some with the V's, and then receive the free tickets as well. I also want to avoid signing up to try to win tickets, not get them, then be out of luck with buying tickets with the V's.

Maybe I'm the only person to get stressed out about this kind of thing.

25 minutes ago, Kent said:

But when did you sign up to try to win them? March 28th? March 6th? I kind of want to avoid signing up to try to win tickets, and a week later panic and buy some with the V's, and then receive the free tickets as well. I also want to avoid signing up to try to win tickets, not get them, then be out of luck with buying tickets with the V's.

Maybe I'm the only person to get stressed out about this kind of thing.

I signed up first day of the contest

10 hours ago, Keegan said:

Is anyone going to the away match May 3 in Halifax?  Does anyone know how to get tickets for away fans?

It's May 4, just in case you're booking flights tight around that date. I've heard Section 101, or a portion of it at least, has been reserved for away fans. Email Marvin Okello @ marvin.okello@hfxwanderersfootball.club to get some more info. He's great; set me up with season tickets and answered all my questions.

First signings in some time!

https://forgefc.canpl.ca/article/forge-fc-signs-two-canadian-players?hootPostID=87d39894069f4d851b13b983d3906c0f

Forge FC sign L10 scoring leader 24 year old forward Anthony Novak and 19 year old defender Klaidi Cela, who I don't know anything about.

As much as I like our roster this year, it is interesting how our later signings tailed off to a lot of L10 standouts, whereas with a team like Cavalry FC their signings got stronger and stronger.

We had a few decent import signings but we are really depending on Canadians like Bekker, Awuah, Zajac, Nanco, Choiniere, Borges, and Guyanese Canadian Welshman to be stars in this league.

1 hour ago, BringBackTheBlizzard said:

Probably bad news for Mo Babouli, if as rumoured he was a contender for a roster spot.

I think your right.  Roster is at 20 now. I think I read rosters we’re going to be 20-24.  

If you count the 3 draft picks that will probably be rostered at some point there’s max 1 extra spot on the team and they don’t have to carry it.

Babouli might have to find another team.

4 hours ago, wafflecone90 said:

Has any fans in Hamilton got access to this kit launch happening in Toronto tomorrow? 

I feel like it will be a very cool event. Would love to attend.

The York 9 one is at Market Brewing Company at 17775 Leslie Street in Newmarket.  

I expect there will be one in downtown Toronto...special invitation for all the media outlets whose reporters won't be at the opening game April 27th because TFC will be playing later that afternoon.  

5 hours ago, Shortdutchcanuck said:

First signings in some time!

https://forgefc.canpl.ca/article/forge-fc-signs-two-canadian-players?hootPostID=87d39894069f4d851b13b983d3906c0f

Forge FC sign L10 scoring leader 24 year old forward Anthony Novak and 19 year old defender Klaidi Cela, who I don't know anything about.

As much as I like our roster this year, it is interesting how our later signings tailed off to a lot of L10 standouts, whereas with a team like Cavalry FC their signings got stronger and stronger.

We had a few decent import signings but we are really depending on Canadians like Bekker, Awuah, Zajac, Nanco, Choiniere, Borges, and Guyanese Canadian Welshman to be stars in this league.

Novak the first player signed from Oakville Blue Devils.  Golden Boot winner.  One of about half a dozen I think could have made a CPL roster.   

Cela played for Sigma last year but was with TFC Academy at least until 2016.    

• RS locked this topic