Forge FC (Hamilton) launch/2019 offseason thread

RS

13 minutes ago, BringBackTheBlizzard said:

The Steelers had over 5,000 as the announced attendance at Ivor Wynne (Robert posted the details recently) back in 1987 when the CSL launched. Selling out the lower bowl with 10,000 paid shouldn't have been mission impossible in the present day and would have looked reasonably OK, if cameras were positioned carefully.

WHO CARES??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Is it your millions on the line? It's Bob Young's so if he wants to use his pocket change for game 1, LET THE MAN SPEND HIS OWN DAMN MONEY.

Fuck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He's doing the entire league a favor buy showing on TV a 24K pack stadium. What do you think is the value of that????? People from other CPL markets and non-market will be like

• "Oh shit, what is this? I need to check it out in my own city or inquire if my city will have a team"
  • Mainstream Media can't ignore such an event, that's publicity for the league that could go worldwide.

The potential return is worth EVERY PENNIES Young is investing in  making this happen, not just for Hamilton but LEAGUE-WIDE

Dude, I'm sick and tired of your BS posts

Edited by Ansem

10 minutes ago, BringBackTheBlizzard said:

The Steelers had over 5,000 as the announced attendance at Ivor Wynne (Robert posted the details recently) back in 1987 when the CSL launched. Selling out the lower bowl with 10,000 paid shouldn't have been mission impossible in the present day and would have looked reasonably OK, if cameras were positioned carefully.

Did Forge say they weren't able to sell out the lower bowl or is that an assumption? 

19 minutes ago, Tigers said:

It's still not just free admission I don't think,  it's free tickets to people who have already bought theirs - so they are going to invite people who are gonna go.

It’s free.  We’ve been told there is approximately 5,000 season seat holders give or take a few hundred, with a goal of 6,000.

Each season seat holder gets the right to an advance free ticket for a friend.  In return each season seat holder gets a free ticket to the Canadian Championship home game.

So that will then be 10,000-12,000 seats for the home opener allocated.  The other 10,000 to 13,000 will be given away through contests, cross promotions and such.  

6 hours ago, Sébastien said:

Well, that's annoying. Booked a trip to the GTHA to watch this match, but now I feel like it's unlikely I'll even be able to get tickets.

Totally understand why they would do that, but it's still annoying.

Guess it'll be a good thing that TFC is also playing in the end.

We have a section.

Our tickets will be on sale shortly. 

Our cost is $19, so with Pay Pal fees our tickets will be $20

None of the free ticket options apply to groups is my understanding, and we are in the lower bowl next to the supporters.

58 minutes ago, Dominic94 said:

Lost in here is that fact that they have 5000 season ticket holders, wasn’t that the desired number to make the club profitable in year one ?

I don’t think this was news to anyone actually.  The Barton Street Battalion alone has about 400 people in it and Forge has over 2,000 deposits sold before they started advertising ticket sales.

If they had 8,000 or 10,000 season seats that would surprise a lot of people.  But 5,000 to 6,000 is about what was expected I think.  It’s still strong, like about as good as the bottom tier of MLS teams get, but below Montreal and Vancouver.

32 minutes ago, baulderdash77 said:

If they had 8,000 or 10,000 season seats that would surprise a lot of people.  But 5,000 to 6,000 is about what was expected I think. It’s still strong, like about as good as the bottom tier of MLS teams get, but below Montreal and Vancouver.

That's still more season seats sold than Ottawa's average attendance last year lmao

4 hours ago, KW519 said:

Did Forge say they weren't able to sell out the lower bowl or is that an assumption? 

4 hours ago, BringBackTheBlizzard said:

That's a non-sequitur. We'll never know how many tickets could have been bought and paid for now that they have decided to make the game free admission.

No it isn't. It is a question.

3 hours ago, admin said:

OK BBTB, you buying a ticket and joining us or what? 

???

"BBTB, you really look like you're enjoying the electric energy at this THF CanPL season opener!"

"Actually I was just surmising that 24000 noisy fans having a blast, soaking in the atmosphere and being exposed to the fun and excitement of quality Canadian soccer can only signify the ultimate ruin and demise of the new league . . ."

9 hours ago, Ansem said:

WHO CARES??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Is it your millions on the line? It's Bob Young's so if he wants to use his pocket change for game 1, LET THE MAN SPEND HIS OWN DAMN MONEY.

Fuck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He's doing the entire league a favor buy showing on TV a 24K pack stadium. What do you think is the value of that????? People from other CPL markets and non-market will be like

• "Oh shit, what is this? I need to check it out in my own city or inquire if my city will have a team"
  • Mainstream Media can't ignore such an event, that's publicity for the league that could go worldwide.

The potential return is worth EVERY PENNIES Young is investing in  making this happen, not just for Hamilton but LEAGUE-WIDE

Dude, I'm sick and tired of your BS posts

Then don’t read his posts  just block him then ,pretty simple no?

Edited by 1996

• RS locked this topic