Forge FC (Hamilton) launch/2019 offseason thread

RS

4 hours ago, grande said:

Just been decorating my bar...

20190403_113015.jpg

Seeing the black and gold HSR bus makes me wonder if repainting some to platinum, white and orange may occur if Forge wins the inaugural year of CPL. IIRC, the black and gold transit colours date to the TiCats winning (and hosting) the Grey Cup in 1972.

From May 5, 2018 Anthony Novak scores the only goal in the game against Unionville-Milliken. 

http://www.rocketrobinsoccerintoronto.com/reports18/18l1o044.htm

then a playoff game on September 30th also against Unionville-Milliken when he scored an insurance goal.  more pictures of him in this game  #23.  

http://www.rocketrobinsoccerintoronto.com/reports18/18l1o247.htm  

10 hours ago, LatinInuk said:

The home kit is great, but it doesn't go with gray shorts in my opinion. 

I actually like it, I find the grey way better than white. 

I'm a Pacific fan, but the t-shirt I most wear of my early purchases is the grey Forge with the orange and black hammer. 

In any case, while home shirts tend to not vary widely from season to season, shorts can. Everything can be evolved and after 4-5 years we can start taking about better and worse.

Edited by Unnamed Trialist

5 hours ago, StillOnFire said:

That away kit though.... yikes.  An interesting look, but just doesn't work for me.

To be honest though, pretty much all the kits look great!

For me the Forge away kit is the one I would buy, a matter personal taste I guess....actually i prefer the the away kits for most teams over their home.

Edited by MM3/MM2/MM

Just remembered Hamilton will wear a gold jersey for their first game in June. 

Forge FC will pay homage to the illustrious history of Hamilton sports and the great teams that have paved the way.

From the 15-time Grey Cup Champion Hamilton Tiger-Cats, to the defending OHL champion Hamilton Bulldogs, to the NHL’s Hamilton Tigers of the 1920’s. Hamilton teams have proudly worn black and gold.

In honour of Hamilton’s birthday (June 9, 1846) and our great sporting culture, Forge FC will pay tribute by donning black and gold kits during their first match in June.

Wonder if they'll just turn the Orange jersey Gold.

hamilton-forge-jersey.thumb.jpg.0a230f6fce0c35db78b4bf8750286abe.jpg

Edited by Jahinho Guerro

Just now, grande said:

If folks are looking for something to do the night before, feel free to swing by my bar!

https://www.facebook.com/events/800361787010706/

We're at 431 Barton Street East, and have 14 taps of (mostly) Ontario craft beer. If you're wearing CPL gear, you can get $5 pints of Helles Lager from Wellington.

Not a craft beer fan? We have some classic cocktails & our Macrobrew of the Month as well!

(It seems like the Barton Street Battalion may be doing an event this night as well; I've cleared it with them & Jamie before posting this)

^ I posted this in the Opening Game thread, but thought I should re-post it here as well!

Friday April 26th -  Mosaic Pub - 7pm  431 Barton Street

Pre Game - We will have access to the stadium an hour before it opens with some drink specials... ONLY FOR US.   You can't get into this without tickets in 111 or 112.  So if you got free tickets.... well.... too fucking bad.

Post Game - End Zone pub

• RS locked this topic