Forge FC (Hamilton) launch/2019 offseason thread

RS

Who knows how the competitive balance of the league will be in the first season, we can only speculate until we actually play some matches, hopefully there isn't a huge disparity! Things should fall in to place as teams who struggle realise what's required to be more competitive, I think my team Forge FC looks great on paper so far and I hope everyone is chasing us but as John McGrane says " looking good and playing well as a team are 2 different things"! 

33 minutes ago, BringBackTheBlizzard said:

D1JUzKuX4AIzcBb.jpg:large

The most interesting trialist name for me would have to be Mansoor Afzaly. Only 21, experience with the national U23 team and a regular starter with Sigma. You have to be pretty decent for the National Program to call in someone not from Europe or an MLS system. The midfield depth at Forge obviously works against him, have to figure he'd be a decent shout elsewhere in the CanPL.

18 minutes ago, Gian-Luca said:

That isn't Choiniere though, it's some guy named "Charnwah" apparently. Probably related to the old hockey player Yvan "Corn-noy-yay" that Foster Hewitt always used to talk about.

Literally three different pronunciations within second haha

14 minutes ago, Pottsy3 said:

The most interesting trialist name for me would have to be Mansoor Afzaly. Only 21, experience with the national U23 team and a regular starter with Sigma. You have to be pretty decent for the National Program to call in someone not from Europe or an MLS system. The midfield depth at Forge obviously works against him, have to figure he'd be a decent shout elsewhere in the CanPL.

I'm most interested in Kotsopoulos. Scored a bunch of goals for Guelph in OUA and for the most part did not normally play in League1 Ontario. Though he seems to have played one game for Vaughan, in which he scored a hat trick

https://www.league1ontario.com/roster_players/25241566

6 minutes ago, deschamp86 said:

I'm most interested in Kotsopoulos. Scored a bunch of goals for Guelph in OUA and for the most part did not normally play in League1 Ontario. Though he seems to have played one game for Vaughan, in which he scored a hat trick

https://www.league1ontario.com/roster_players/25241566

Definitely a position where we could use some depth. Forgot that he hadn't been signed after the draft.

Choiniere and Welshman really solidify this lineup now and it looks like a solid team to start with. 

Except Krutzen/Samuel and Grant every one of their starters has played at USL or higher level.  Considering  both Grant and Samuel were both L1O defender of the year winners, if they’re the weak spot I’d say you could do worse.

If they can get Laryea to join their midfield, which already looks like the class of CanPL, will be looking quite stacked.

Just now, baulderdash77 said:

Choiniere and Welshman really solidify this lineup now and it looks like a solid team to start with. 

Except Krutzen/Samuel and Grant every one of their starters has played at USL or higher level.  Considering  both Grant and Samuel were both L1O defender of the year winners, if they’re the weak spot I’d say you could do worse.

If they can get Laryea to join their midfield, which already looks like the class of CanPL, will be looking quite stacked.

Grant and Samuel have both played at USL level.  

----------------------Welshman------------------

Choiniere---------Borges----------------Nanco

------------------AAJ------Bekker---------------

Awuah-----Owundi-----Cisse-------Grant

----------------------Roberts----------------------

Already some selection problems!  

1 hour ago, Keegan said:

----------------------Welshman------------------

Choiniere---------Borges----------------Nanco

------------------AAJ------Bekker---------------

Awuah-----Owundi-----Cisse-------Grant

----------------------Roberts----------------------

Already some selection problems!  

My understanding is Cisse is a MF, I think he bumps Borges to the bench and Samuel steps in at CB.

1 hour ago, Langs said:

Do you have a source for that? He wasn’t on their 18 man squad announced a couple of days ago. 

https://www.gffonline.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/Guyana-vs-Suriname-Squad-March-2019-Press-Release-2.pdf

Here's one:

https://canpl.ca/video/welshman-arrives-at-forge-ready-to-produce-for-club-and-country

However, Welshman’s time with Forge FC will take a short hiatus.

The Guyana national team member is departing Monday for international training camp prior to a crucial CONCACAF Nations League qualifier against Belize. A win could see Guyana into the this summer’s Gold Cup and, potentially, Nations League Group A.

• RS locked this topic