Theo Bair

4 hours ago, dyslexic nam said:

Yeah, to rehash the point I (and others) made previously, he is on criminally low wages.  If he has the chance to start earning real money, he should take it.  

Not suggesting he's going to England but I can no see him remaining at Motherwell.  He can be had on the cheap, relatively speaking, and that opens up so many markets for bettering himself.

He's well earned it.  

1 hour ago, Shway said:

I think he will do well in the championship. As someone who's followed him all season, and seasons before I think his style of play will suit that league. 

His technique, skill isn't elite, but his speed, physicality, and confidence to find the net will bode well in that league. 

Maybe seen him play a half dozen times this season and have to say, he's a bit stealthy.  How a man that size can turn on the "invisibility charm" is beyond me but he does find a way to just ghost into position here and there.  

Bair's only concern when considering a transfer should be football related. Any decent agent would be able to renegotiate his contract with Motherwell after the season he has had. Obviously, if he is receiving offers outside of what Motherwell can afford, then he will have to weigh the tradeoff.

9 hours ago, Shway said:

I think he will do well in the championship. As someone who's followed him all season, and seasons before I think his style of play will suit that league. 

His technique, skill isn't elite, but his speed, physicality, and confidence to find the net will bode well in that league. 

Yes which is why I wouldn't mind him going to the English Championship and honestly it would help further his development especially if he tears it up in the Championship because if that happens and Premier League clubs then take notice, then they definitely would be interested in signing him afterwards

10 hours ago, masster said:

Bair's only concern when considering a transfer should be football related. Any decent agent would be able to renegotiate his contract with Motherwell after the season he has had. Obviously, if he is receiving offers outside of what Motherwell can afford, then he will have to weigh the tradeoff.

Not to belabour it but I go in exactly the opposite direction - he needs to make bank ASAP.

He will be 25 at the end of this summer and is making $53k per year.  He needs to make as much cash as he can lay his hands on.  To put it in perspective, someone working full time minimum wage ($16/hr x 40 hrs/wk x 52 wks/yr) makes ~$32k per year.  This isn't about a football-related transfer where he can grind away for another 2 years (then 27) on weak wages and then maybe get one final decent paycheck.  If he can start making real money now he needs to take it and then fight to raise his profile in that environment.   

2 hours ago, dyslexic nam said:

Not to belabour it but I go in exactly the opposite direction - he needs to make bank ASAP.

He will be 25 at the end of this summer and is making $53k per year.  He needs to make as much cash as he can lay his hands on.  To put it in perspective, someone working full time minimum wage ($16/hr x 40 hrs/wk x 52 wks/yr) makes ~$32k per year.  This isn't about a football-related transfer where he can grind away for another 2 years (then 27) on weak wages and then maybe get one final decent paycheck.  If he can start making real money now he needs to take it and then fight to raise his profile in that environment.   

I think @masster's point is that he shouldn't be sitting on the same wages next year, regardless of what happens. A good agent will push Motherwell for a substantial raise, and if it's not enough then look for a transfer.

2 hours ago, Watchmen said:

I think @masster's point is that he shouldn't be sitting on the same wages next year, regardless of what happens. A good agent will push Motherwell for a substantial raise, and if it's not enough then look for a transfer.

Exactly.

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, PiedPilko said:

He's also being linked to St. Pauli now, who just got promoted to Bundesliga

Original source (I think) is here https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2024/06/04/sunderland-and-blackburn-eye-15-goal-striker-bundesliga-side-lead-race/

I know that is a big step, but I would be really happy for him if he can leverage his great season into a good payday and a spot on a team playing at a good level.  It has to be tough grinding it out and putting the work in when you are getting a fairly middling wage - hopefully it pays off for him. 

Posted (edited)

Insane. I love St. Pauli and would love to have one of our guys with them once again. Bundesliga Bair would be an insane jump though, would love to see him test himself at that level. Their captain, Jackson Irvine, is one of my favourite non-Canadian players.

original article from Bild: https://m.bild.de/sport/fussball/fc-st-pauli-transfer-plaene-wagner-leihe-vor-abschluss-stuermer-im-visier-666000e6338fc62a4812b362?t_ref=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.ca%2F

They’ve had success with guys from Scotland before- the aforementioned Irvine came to them from Hibs. They say his market is for around €1M but they could get him for cheaper.

Edited by InglewoodJack

This is a better move than a move to the Championship, I think. Assuming he gets playing time (and that's a discussion to be had with the manager before the move), then he's playing in Bundesliga this year. And next year, he's either playing in Bundesliga again or he's playing in Bundesliga 2, which is still a step up from the SPL.

6 minutes ago, Obinna said:

Even if he goes back down with St. Pauli,, playing in the 2.Bundesliga would still be quite decent and by then he'd have a full season of Bundesliga on his resume, which would only help him in the future.

Yup, that was my thought. I think it would only end up being a poor transfer if he didn't play at all or if he played poorly and they stayed up. If he didn't play well but they went down, they might at least see what he could do at the lower level.