Theo Bair

2 hours ago, Obinna said:

Bair is on an insane run of form. I don't see how he doesn't get called up if he keeps this pace up. 

It really is hard to see how he wouldn’t earn a spot in the squad with his current play.   Even at the risk of being a bit front-heavy, I think you almost need to invite him just to reinforce the idea that you can play your way into the lineup through excellent club play.   

9 hours ago, dyslexic nam said:

It really is hard to see how he wouldn’t earn a spot in the squad with his current play.   Even at the risk of being a bit front-heavy, I think you almost need to invite him just to reinforce the idea that you can play your way into the lineup through excellent club play.   

I agree, also because he could do a task of defending set pieces if we're up.

But it all depends on how we set up the roster, because of all the strikers few can really play other than up top and in the middle. 

16 hours ago, dyslexic nam said:

He is doing what he needs to do at club level to get into the squad picture, and I am sincerely pleased to see this emergence and hope it keeps going. 

10 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

Despite all the reasons arguing for his inclusion, I am genuinely curious to see if he gets included in the squad. The reality is that this is a crucial match and it isn’t one where caps will be handed out lately. Is he deserving? Yes. Will he get called? I am not certain.

I think it will be an incumbent-laden squad, so it boils down to three forwards (David, Larin, and Cavallini) and the possibility of a fourth (Russell-Rowe, Brym, or Bair).  Certainly something which will be interesting to see.

34 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

Despite all the reasons arguing for his inclusion, I am genuinely curious to see if he gets included in the squad. The reality is that this is a crucial match and it isn’t one where caps will be handed out lately. Is he deserving? Yes. Will he get called? I am not certain.

This is how I feel to. If I were a betting man I would say Bair reaches 14 goals by the international break AND still doesn't get called into the team, which would be ridiculous but Biello I think will keep the squad exactly the same, with 1-2 maximum changes. Bair deserves a call but my gut says it doesn't come.

Prove me wrong Biello. Take a chance on a young player breaking out at a good level.

52 minutes ago, Obinna said:

This is how I feel to. If I were a betting man I would say Bair reaches 14 goals by the international break AND still doesn't get called into the team, which would be ridiculous but Biello I think will keep the squad exactly the same, with 1-2 maximum changes. Bair deserves a call but my gut says it doesn't come.

Prove me wrong Biello. Take a chance on a young player breaking out at a good level.

I kind of have that suspicion as well.  Cav is a known quantity so gets slotted in at #3 probably by default.  Then it is a number issue. 

1 hour ago, BearcatSA said:

I think it will be an incumbent-laden squad, so it boils down to three forwards (David, Larin, and Cavallini) and the possibility of a fourth (Russell-Rowe, Brym, or Bair).  Certainly something which will be interesting to see.

I like JRR and really hope he has a killer season, but I don't see him in this particular conversation considering the other two are mid season and fully match fit.  For me is is between Bair and Brym.  One is killing it at a bit of a lower level, and the other is relatively unproductive but is getting consistent minutes at a somewhat higher level.  I would tend to go with Bair for the reward factor I mentioned earlier, and the fact that he has only ever been called in for friendlies.   

23 hours ago, BearcatSA said:

My feeling for a while has been that he would be in contention for a 4th spot, if they decided to go that way.  Now, I think he's clearly the 4th guy (as in, he's pulled away from RR and Brym), but quite frankly I can see the legitimate reason to call him.  If they're down a goal late and he's been on fire, that's the guy you want to put in right now.  If they're up a goal, then it's probably Cavallini.  Plus, if David or Larin gets injured in training (or beforehand), I think Bair is the guy you start right now.  So it's probably situational dependent, but I think you'd rather at least have there to start with.

Edited by Watchmen

17 minutes ago, Joe MacCarthy said:

XOQxQLK.png

If that Shankland guy who leads the goal scoring race with 17 goals was Canadian we would be demanding that he be in the starting 11 against Trinidad lol or start the rumour mill going on a move  to a top 5 Euro league . Meanwhile,  Shankland hardly gets called up by Scotland and will probably stay in Scotland for the rest of his career most likely. 

Edited by SoccMan

17 minutes ago, SoccMan said:

If that Shankland guy who leads the goal scoring race with 17 goals was Canadian we would be demanding that he be in the starting 11 against Trinidad lol or start the rumour mill going on a move  to a top 5 Euro league . Meanwhile,  Shankland hardly gets called up by Scotland and will probably stay in Scotland for the rest of his career most likely. 

Shankland will probably not stay in Scotland for the rest of his career.