Herdman new head coach

matty

3 minutes ago, Rheo said:

Beware the CSA satellites that probe your brains, back the the CPL threads :)

image.jpeg.4781d7b3c0b303d4078ffbad096c9a0c.jpeg

The official battle gear for CSA apologists: “so what if we only play 4 teams all year and none of them are fully professional.. League of Nations games are huge! You guys are conspiracy theorists, the CSA is obviously just holding out for a Canada 151 match.” 

39 minutes ago, Keegan said:

The official battle gear for CSA apologists: “so what if we only play 4 teams all year and none of them are fully professional.. League of Nations games are huge! You guys are conspiracy theorists, the CSA is obviously just holding out for a Canada 151 match.” 

As opposed to the CSA conspiracy theorists with them buying off the media, players, coaches and fans to get away with their evil plan to destroy Canadian soccer through ignorance.  Seriously though the truth is somewhere in the middle but some just won't listen to anyone who has a difference of opinion because they're bought off, sheep or apologists.

Edited by Rheo

19 minutes ago, Rheo said:

As opposed to the CSA conspiracy theorists with them buying off the media, players, coaches and fans to get away with their evil plan to destroy Canadian soccer through ignorance.  Seriously though the truth is somewhere in the middle but some just won't listen to anyone who has a difference of opinion because they're bought off, sheep or apologists.

It is true there is no grand conspiracy, but the head of any organisation (President, CEO, etc.) should be able to stand in front of any concerned parties and answer questions when the $h!t hits the fan. Anything other than that is a very real lack of leadership. This is like Mark Zuckerberg hiding from questions in his current situation.

1 hour ago, Boominbooty said:

So is there anyway we, the Voyageurs, can reach out formally to the CSA and say: "Hey, we are your loyal fan base, we supoort you thick and thin etc etc can you give us an update on: upcoming schedules, the background on OZ's departure, Where Cavallini is, are you trying to get Tomoroi etc"

Most pro teams (irrespective of sport) get their gms, coachs in front of the fan base or season ticket holders once a year to have an open q and A session. Can we not do the same (even if it is over twitter or something like that). Anyone? who on this board has some influence?

They announce games as soon as they are able to, they don't have a list of events they keep secret, at least not finalized ones, in which case they can't release the info...so... you're not going to get anything on that front.

They aren't the CIA.  They generally release info they can release....

We have an upcoming closed doors Q & A session with the CSA.  We do it every few years.  

15 minutes ago, admin said:

They announce games as soon as they are able to, they don't have a list of events they keep secret, at least not finalized ones, in which case they can't release the info...so... you're not going to get anything on that front.

They aren't the CIA.  They generally release info they can release....

We have an upcoming closed doors Q & A session with the CSA.  We do it every few years.  

True they are not the CIA, but why is it that other countries media or even  soccer associations know info and report on it before the CSA does? Oh when is that closed door Q and A and where do we sign up? Because that is need ASAP! 

Edited by SpecialK

1 minute ago, Ruffian said:

It is true there is no grand conspiracy, but the head of any organisation (President, CEO, etc.) should be able to stand in front of any concerned parties and answer questions when the $h!t hits the fan. Anything other than that is a very real lack of leadership. This is like Mark Zuckerberg hiding from questions in his current situation.

I agree that they should take responsibility and ownership when it's needed and they definitely did not do this with the whole coaching change mess.  However what some people view as the "shit hitting the fan level" is so low, it would be a joke. 

There are just some people here who will never be happy and want(need?) to complain about everything.  They're cynical and dismissive of almost everything.   Larin scores in league but not in international play so he's garbage.  Ricketts scores internationally but only in unimportant games so he's garbage as well.  It gets out that Herdman emailed players and there were people here in an uproar.  Players say good things about Herdman after the training/game last week and it's dismissed as players being players saying the right thing.  

I know I'm jumping all over the place but the negativity in here can be tiring.  If you disagree you're dismissed as an apologist.  This isn't being an apologist.  This is being a realist.  The CSA soccer landscape isn't as black and white as some like to paint it.  There's lots of grey 

1 hour ago, Rheo said:

Who said any of those conspiracies?  People are upset about facts and you’re getting all defensive for no reason.  The fact is we typically play our fewest games during World Cup years when the rest of the world is dying for football. Why is this? Do you have an answer? No you don’t so it’s reasonable that we ask what the hell is going on and ask the media to ask the question.

As BBTB said and I said previously, it’s an access issue. You are the sole reporter you get tight with everyone and then you lose all bite in your reporting.  There’s zero accountability.. whether it comes to on pitch performance or behind the scenes stuff. It’s high school level reporting.

Thats not a conspiracy theory that’s just fact to anyone who has followed this team. To call people conspiracy theorists because you want to be willfully blind is just ignorant.  We always hear “oh I’m sure they have their reasons” .. well let’s hear those reasons and stop being fools. Herdman is here we’re behind him but we never got answers in that situation and we’re going to continue to not receive answers and get smoke and mirrors all the way up to World Cup 2026 when we bow out with zero goals and reach a new low.. which for us is hard.

this isn’t negativity for the sake of it. I don’t want to be negative but I’m not going to sit here and pretend everything is sweet with unnecessary optimism. I’m an eternal optimist who has hit the brink with the CSA and particularly their treatment of matters relating to the MNT.. this is pinnacle of the sport in our country so if  we truly love the game it starts by having the men’s team be run with the utmost professionalism.  

Here’s positivity for you: I didn’t like the Herdman hiring but the fact he’s so diligent has already grown him on me. My beef now is with the CSA not playing any matches this year.. we aren’t Anguilla, we’re Canada.

Change. Let’s have it. 

Edited by Keegan

1 hour ago, Keegan said:

Who said any of those conspiracies?  People are upset about facts and you’re getting all defensive for no reason.  The fact is we typically play our fewest games during World Cup years when the rest of the world is dying for football. Why is this? Do you have an answer? No you don’t so it’s reasonable that we ask what the hell is going on and ask the media to ask the question.

As BBTB said and I said previously, it’s an access issue. You are the sole reporter you get tight with everyone and then you lose all bite in your reporting.  There’s zero accountability.. whether it comes to on pitch performance or behind the scenes stuff. It’s high school level reporting.

Thats not a conspiracy theory that’s just fact to anyone who has followed this team. To call people conspiracy theorists because you want to be willfully blind is just ignorant.  We always hear “oh I’m sure they have their reasons” .. well let’s hear those reasons and stop being fools. Herdman is here we’re behind him but we never got answers in that situation and we’re going to continue to not receive answers and get smoke and mirrors all the way up to World Cup 2026 when we bow out with zero goals and reach a new low.. which for us is hard.

this isn’t negativity for the sake of it. I don’t want to be negative but I’m not going to sit here and pretend everything is sweet with unnecessary optimism. I’m an eternal optimist who has hit the brink with the CSA and particularly their treatment of matters relating to the MNT.. this is pinnacle of the sport in our country so if  we truly love the game it starts by having the men’s team be run with the utmost professionalism.  

Here’s positivity for you: I didn’t like the Herdman hiring but the fact he’s so diligent has already grown him on me. My beef now is with the CSA not playing any matches this year.. we aren’t Anguilla, we’re Canada.

Change. Let’s have it. 

+10000 Very well said.

I don't even think it's hatred @Rheo fans and people just want answers.  In Herdman's post game interview he said he will be preparing for the September matches and building the development system.  As stated by many, the world is going to be international football hungry this spring/summer. Canada's men team will be on the sidelines. 

Why is it no camp or friendly? $$$$? motivation? time? commitment? nobody wants to play us? Public deserves some answers at least an explanation, and why there are a bunch of theories flying around, nobody knows!  Our European based players won't even have club commitments.... so why? No one is being negative but some answers would be appreciated, aside from "you don't know...they have there reasons etc etc" uuumm ok???

Here's the thing because I hope the CSA is ready..... spring and pre world cup friendlies are going to happen. Mainstay media + Sid Sixero will go nation wide on his show, saying the CSA didn't have a camp or friendly. He is going to list off 5+ concacaf 2nd-3rd world countries and 10+ other random 2nd-3rd world countries who will have played more games then us (My previous post; DMR, nicaragua, Cuba). He will follow it up by a rant on how we need to have random games and camps for our young generation cause the talent is there (list off some players), but the suits do nothing and collect a paycheck. Who knows, he might even bring in Forrest to talk about it, who always has some fun words about the CSA.   After that he will say the CSA and their board " did nothing, and responded with getting ready for September", he will bash getting ready for September.  Getting ready by  doing nothing?.... that is why we haven't made the world cup in 32 years.......?

Edited by apbsmith

32 minutes ago, apbsmith said:

In Herdman's post game interview he said he will be preparing for the September matches and building the development system.  As stated by many, the world is going to be international football hungry this spring/summer. Canada's men team will be on the sidelines. 

Why is it no camp or friendly? $$$$? motivation? time? commitment? nobody wants to play us? Public deserves some answers at least an explanation.

Doesn't sound too complicated.  I'm guessing an answer might include the word "logistics" and perhaps other vague terms to explain why nothing is happening, but at least give an answer in some form of media release.

1 hour ago, Keegan said:

Change. Let’s have it. 

Double like! Make that triple! Great post @Keegan.

2 hours ago, Rheo said:

There are just some people here who will never be happy and want(need?) to complain about everythingThey're cynical and dismissive of almost everything.   Larin scores in league but not in international play so he's garbage.  Ricketts scores internationally but only in unimportant games so he's garbage as well.  It gets out that Herdman emailed players and there were people here in an uproar.  Players say good things about Herdman after the training/game last week and it's dismissed as players being players saying the right thing.  

Why are you always posting obnoxious things about the PEOPLE who dare to disagree with you instead of discussing the ISSUES?

I have yet to see one word from you about why the CSA are actually doing a good job yet you continually rail against and mock those who criticize them.

Edited by dsqpr

5 hours ago, SpecialK said:

Why is Canada not playing friendlies ? I want Reed to come out say in detail why? Is it because of money ? Is it because no teams want to play us? If teams don’t want to play in Canada why is that ? The turf ? Our team is not very good? What’s being done to get more games ? 

I don't have a reference but I know I have heard that we typically lose money on our home friendlies. Which explains why we so often seem to play away or behind closed doors. It would be nice to have a clear statement from the CSA though.

I can accept that it is hard to schedule friendlies as we are not exactly a major draw. But there are a lot of football nations out there and talented people find a way to get things done.

2 minutes ago, dsqpr said:

I don't have a reference but I know I have heard that we typically lose money on our home friendlies. Which explains why we so often seem to play away or behind closed doors. It would be nice to have a clear statement from the CSA though.

I can accept that it is hard to schedule friendlies as we are not exactly a major draw. But there are a lot of football nations out there and talented people find a way to get things done.

I'd accept a smaller city adopting the team for friendlies and do my best to help sell out a small stadium. Still they would have to maintain conditions all year.

9 minutes ago, Fort York Redcoat1555362293 said:

I'd accept a smaller city adopting the team for friendlies and do my best to help sell out a small stadium. Still they would have to maintain conditions all year.

You sound a lot like a talented person trying to find a way. ;)

What is especially strange to me is that we just had 20,000 for a friendly against Jamaica in Toronto in which they must have at least broke even and previous to that had great crowds in Vancouver.  

Does that not set off a light bulb?  "Hey, maybe we could play the US (or Chile or whoever) in Toronto/Vancouver and get 30,000+"  

Would that not be an event to attract new fans?  Make some money and get our players ignited?  I just don't get it.  Zero ambition or...?

20 minutes ago, Keegan said:

What is especially strange to me is that we just had 20,000 for a friendly against Jamaica in Toronto in which they must have at least broke even and previous to that had great crowds in Vancouver.  

Does that not set off a light bulb?  "Hey, maybe we could play the US (or Chile or whoever) in Toronto/Vancouver and get 30,000+"  

Would that not be an event to attract new fans?  Make some money and get our players ignited?  I just don't get it.  Zero ambition or...?

I think that would work if we played the US every time. But we can't. And as much as I wish there were 20k interested in Friendlies no matter the time in the cyle...

I think we should play every opportunity but if the compromise was to make it cheaper I think we should try as hard as possible to find a way at home (or at least the opponents).

9 hours ago, Rheo said:

So there is no actual evidence that we aren't playing games in the World Cup window due to financial concerns yet let's bash them for it anyways because it's the right thing to do.

Hate to break it to you, but countries that are out are playing friendlies even after the World Cup.  Even Bolivia, who is now the weakest South American team is playing as many friendlies as rhey can, and your telling me Canada with there huge GDP advantage over Bolivia can’t?? In thr end, it all comes back to the CSA.  They let Canada become the Andorra of CONCACAF, that nobody wants to play us or coach us, they’re cash strapped, but seems they must not have a good Business Development guy trying to tell countries to give Canada a chance to play adn we’ll throw an incentive there way through free state dinners with Justin trudeau or something. So far, I hated how Herdman got elected and swore I’d leave, but I’m passionate about Canada and am sick and tired that our association is still playing this mea culpa with everybody and not owning up to public debate or questions.

4 hours ago, dsqpr said:

I believe the CSA does not feel obligated to issue any clear statements or explanations to the public.  They are so wrong!

8 hours ago, SpecialK said:

True they are not the CIA, but why is it that other countries media or even  soccer associations know info and report on it before the CSA does? Oh when is that closed door Q and A and where do we sign up? Because that is need ASAP! 

Hahaha... Please, let's not send SpecialK to any meetings on behalf of the V's, we want to be taken seriously!

45 minutes ago, BuzzAndSting said:

Hahaha... Please, let's not send SpecialK to any meetings on behalf of the V's, we want to be taken seriously!

Buzz you should go, the CSA would love you. 

Buzz im  curious what questions would you ask ? 

Edited by SpecialK

6 hours ago, Fort York Redcoat1555362293 said:

I think that would work if we played the US every time. But we can't. And as much as I wish there were 20k interested in Friendlies no matter the time in the cyle...

I think we should play every opportunity but if the compromise was to make it cheaper I think we should try as hard as possible to find a way at home (or at least the opponents).

Well I think the USA would be ideal right now considering we’re both out of the World Cup and trying to host one together. We haven’t played them in a proper window since 2012 so we’re long overdue.

But even without the USA think of other teams we could play that would draw.. they’re countless and maybe you don’t break even but at least you’re bringing in some revenue to offset it.

Was it really cheaper to play New Zealand in Spain than to play a friendly in Toronto for example? Even if it was a bit more expensive logistically.. which I can’t see as we had 1/3 of our team from Toronto/Montreal would a 10k~ crowd not offset that a bit and make it worth it to build fan support? It’s like we’re set up to fail.. idk I’d be happy to get some logical answers.