Herdman new head coach

matty

8 minutes ago, soccer.shocker said:

I would love to see more matches 100% whether friendly or official competition. My understanding is that the costs of some friendly matches are paid for by promotors / companies who attempt to make their money back with ticket sales / media rights etc. I think when MNT played Columbia a few years ago that was probably that sort of set-up because Columbia was a big draw at the time and there was double header that night IIRC. I have no idea though what costs are covered by the promoter (flights? hotels? training? food?) and what MNT still swallows.  WCQ, Gold Cup and presumably LoN expenses are probably covered a fair bit, if not in total by FIFA / CONCACAF.   Pretty sure though if Canada invited Jamaica to play at BMO, Canada was paying and probably payed a decent sized game fee to the Jamaicans too. Probably when MNT went to Korea, the Koreans were paying for most of it. Canada and NZ are probably paying their own way this month to costs to run a camp and match I would suspect since over in Spain, with the exception of friends, family and a few loyal supporters there would probably be about a dozen people locally willing to pay to watch that match. Met a player agent by coincidence recently and this how they explained it to me.

That game vs Colombia was at Red Bull arena in Harrison, New Jersey. It was a lot of fun and it was sold out as part of a double-header, you're right. Canada would have received an appearance fee of some sort although I'm sure we were just happy to be there. A narrow 1 nil loss. The Colombia supporters and local fans were all over us after the match complimenting Canada on their performance.  

21 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

On the big ocassions, the only thing Herdman has delivered is Zambrano's head on a platter.

The guy is unpleasant and horribly pretentious with no basis for it, and the dupes who hired him under false pretexts pure amateurs, and I trust my gut feeling on this one. 

Sounds like you are Stewie Griffin here calling in on Brian's radio show.

33 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

But I'm nobody and he's the national coach at few hundred grand a year...if you don't get that you can't even start to be witty about it.

A few hundred grand a year and a lot of leeway over a long period of time, unless he chooses to pull the pin himself.  Here's hoping his plan gets us to the promised land.

Just watching my pvr of the TFC Colorado match and I see that they had Herdman interviewed on the field at the half. Either Kristian  Jack was standing on a box during the interview or I never quite realized how short Herdman is. As I am not the tallest man in the world either perhaps this will mean a new era of bonding between us. ?

1 hour ago, Gian-Luca said:

Just watching my pvr of the TFC Colorado match and I see that they had Herdman interviewed on the field at the half. Either Kristian  Jack was standing on a box during the interview or I never quite realized how short Herdman is. As I am not the tallest man in the world either perhaps this will mean a new era of bonding between us. ?

Haha...I was just browsing through TSN,  do you happen to know @ GianLuca if this interview has been uploaded into TSN or any other site?...Maybe in the Canada Soccer Twitter page?.... A response would be appreciated, as I like to hear anytime the NT coach is interview...Was it a long one and what aspects did they cover?

1 hour ago, Gian-Luca said:

It was a fairly short interview, he mentioned that the players were looking forward to the changes he was making and then talked about Osorio's play in the first half which he praised. Nothing too interesting.

But G-L, what did he think of TFC's tactical periodization in the first half?

1 hour ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

What is he going to do at half time, anyways, talk to the players or send them personal letters on tactical shifts for the second half?

Send an interactive video file to their tablets complete with half-time speech.

9 hours ago, CNMNTPERUELIGIBLE said:

Haha...I was just browsing through TSN,  do you happen to know @ GianLuca if this interview has been uploaded into TSN or any other site?...Maybe in the Canada Soccer Twitter page?.... A response would be appreciated, as I like to hear anytime the NT coach is interview...Was it a long one and what aspects did they cover?

Haven’t seen it uploaded anywhere unfortunately. See my other post for the answers to length and content 

2 hours ago, Joe MacCarthy said:

Really praise OSO on that one, hahahaha.... So, true, though... Sounds like OSO will be a regular with him under the helm and quite possibly as a starter... With the way he is playing for TFC he has earned it and see why not... Hopefully he can bring that play to the national fold when CANMNT reconvenes for FIFA matches, will go a long way coupled with the strong play of other players we call up + any newbies we may get on board going forward

On 3/2/2018 at 10:05 PM, Gian-Luca said:

It was a fairly short interview, he mentioned that the players were looking forward to the changes he was making and then talked about Osorio's play in the first half which he praised. Nothing too interesting.

Nice! I see what you did there.;)

On 3/5/2018 at 2:57 PM, johnyb said:

Nice! I see what you did there.;)

Unintentional (even though I love puns). This photo of Herdman with the 6 Canuck TFC players puts things into perspective. Judging by their facial expressions it appears Osorio as the only one not to understand the letter sent which explains tactical periodization.

canada-soccer-1040x572.jpg

6 hours ago, Gian-Luca said:

Unintentional (even though I love puns). This photo of Herdman with the 6 Canuck TFC players puts things into perspective. Judging by their facial expressions it appears Osorio as the only one not to understand the letter sent which explains tactical periodization.

canada-soccer-1040x572.jpg

Interesting maple leaf hat Herdman is wearing. Probably better than photoshopping a Napolean one though.

8 hours ago, Bison44 said:

Was this at opening day for TFC??  If so he should have hopped a plane and went to the VAN/IMPACT game as well, could have got a great photo there as well.  Could have got 13-14 guys in that pic.  

My guess is that it was the day of the TFC v. Colorado March as Herdman was at that game. He was in Vancouver for the game on Sunday (at least I thought I heard Wileman say so on the broadcast).