CPL General

43 minutes ago, Shortdutchcanuck said:

Sure.  Meanwhile TFC II got their asses handed to them in USL while TFC III was a very good L1O team.

For the last time (just speaking about me personally), if you want to follow Canadian soccer, post about Canadian soccer.

If you are just here to push your anti-American agenda (as all evidence points to thus far), push off.

Ignore is a wonderful feature on this Board.  I suggest you add him to that.

38 minutes ago, Aird25 said:

Surely he’s trolling the board and doesn’t actually believe what he’s saying. He’s incredibly committed, but completely unreasonable. I wish everyone would stop engaging him 

4 minutes ago, An Observer said:

Ignore is a wonderful feature on this Board.  I suggest you add him to that.

Done.

13 hours ago, PhillyJawn-guy said:

CPL should not be compared to USL. Even L1O and PLSQ are above that level. I bet Sigma FC is better than most USL sides.

You are a terrible troll
Top PLSQ team vs. a Mid table USL team:

June 20, 20187:30 pm ET
A.S. Blainville 0–1 Ottawa Fury
June 27, 20187:30 pm ET
Ottawa Fury 1–0 A.S. Blainville

21 hours ago, Rocket Robin said:

http://www.rocketrobinsoccerintoronto.com/apsl12.htm      interesting story that these Toronto team owners had to support the sick franchises in Houston and Atlanta during their run...

The possibility that is also mentioned of an MLS team in Toronto playing at the Rogers Centre at launch that seems to have unravelled the Rockets ownership group is a forgotten footnote in Canadian soccer history but Alan Rothenberg visited Toronto several times to try to make it happen. He also negotiated with the Saputos in a Montreal context, but they steered clear as they didn't like the businessplan. Dale Barnes used to always have the ins8ide scoop on that.

10 hours ago, deschamp86 said:

You are a terrible troll
Top PLSQ team vs. a Mid table USL team:

June 20, 20187:30 pm ET
A.S. Blainville 0–1 Ottawa Fury
June 27, 20187:30 pm ET
Ottawa Fury 1–0 A.S. Blainville

So the Fury barely scrapes by Blainville both times and a PLSQ team can clearly compete and keep a close game vs a USL side.

Simple. Just demand the 3 teams move to CPL within a time frame or the CSA pull their sanctioning. Canada is getting a real league so there is NO NEED to continue to be part of that gimmicky pile of raw sewage that the rest of the soccer world ridicule. Wake up, guys. Canada DOES NOT need MLS; CPL will be better quality and more respected!

2 hours ago, PhillyJawn-guy said:

Simple. Just demand the 3 teams move to CPL within a time frame or the CSA pull their sanctioning. Canada is getting a real league so there is NO NEED to continue to be part of that gimmicky pile of raw sewage that the rest of the soccer world ridicule. Wake up, guys. Canada DOES NOT need MLS; CPL will be better quality and more respected!

I'll send you the webcam to make a podcast. 

It would be fucking glorious. 

4 minutes ago, Gopherbashi said:

Honestly, the most interesting part about that tweet for me is "will very likely be".

The season's only four months away; you'd think they'd know what the salary cap "will definitely be" by this point.

But I presume will very likely is more with regards to Duane not being sure or not 'technically' being allowed to spill the beans on this versus the cap not being set. I don't see them signing players without first setting a cap

I think it woild be tough to define a salary cap when your still working thru all your major revenue streams

I havent seen a single sponsorship deal, media, season tickets etc etc 

Its probably a moving target at the moment so why set an exact number. Especially before the transfer window when a majority have moves and higher paid players will start to enter the picture

Edited by SpursFlu

2 hours ago, Bison44 said:

I think that means Rollings 100% isnt sure, I'm sure the league knows what it is

Given the weasel words he could easily just be going off who has been signed so far and the salaries they are likely to be offered on the open market. If accurate, the obvious question is whether this number includes the coaching and front office staff or not given that would explain why some people say $500k and others $750k.