Liam Millar

Northvansteve

29 minutes ago, jordan said:

What a great first touch!

It can be tempting to just kill the ball on that touch, but that just invites the defence to close down your space. Instead, he has the awareness to touch it into space, so that he can create separation and (basically) finish in stride on his second touch.

Edited by Obinna

1 hour ago, cronaldo7 said:

Is there any opinion (maybe spitfire can chime in ☺️) how Liam is doing with the U23s? Any prospect of making the bench for the senior side this season? (Not sure what their cup situation is like atm) Cheers! 

I'd say his chance to make a first team bench went out the window with their League Cup exit and failure to draw lower league opposition in the FA Cup 3rd round.

1 minute ago, SthMelbRed said:

I'd say his chance to make a first team bench went out the window with their League Cup exit and failure to draw lower league opposition in the FA Cup 3rd round.

Would this increase his chances of going out on loan in the new year? Or is the plan for him to continue with the U23 team?

1 minute ago, Obinna said:

Would this increase his chances of going out on loan in the new year? Or is the plan for him to continue with the U23 team?

Possibly. A lot of the best players from the U23 team went out on loan in January last year. In fact, I believe that's how Liam got his shot with the U23s, himself.

59 minutes ago, spitfire said:

Liam come son at halftime for Lazar Markovic(a £80000/week 1st team player) and scores 2 in a 4-1 win vs Arsenal u23s... That’s now 5 goals in 4 games....

That is awesome.

I am not sure if I am hoping for a loan to a lower league first team (and Rangers under Gerrard would be amazing) or continue to excel with the U23s in the hope of getting a shot at the first team (and continue to be in Klopp's system).  I guess the great part is that either option is good for him (and thus us).  Would love to see a couple of first team opportunities in other competitions - though I am not really sure what Cups they are still in.

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2018/12/07/interest-mounts-in-liverpool-starlet-liam-millar/

The teenager is out of contract at Liverpool next summer and Millar's suitors are ready to sign the forward on a pre-contract deal from January.

English Championship clubs, Scottish Premiership sides and clubs from Germany, Holland as well as Major League Soccer teams are ready to pounce and lure Millar away from Anfield by offering him a pathway to regular first-team football.

13 minutes ago, Obinna said:

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2018/12/07/interest-mounts-in-liverpool-starlet-liam-millar/

The teenager is out of contract at Liverpool next summer and Millar's suitors are ready to sign the forward on a pre-contract deal from January.

English Championship clubs, Scottish Premiership sides and clubs from Germany, Holland as well as Major League Soccer teams are ready to pounce and lure Millar away from Anfield by offering him a pathway to regular first-team football.

Not MLS... please

I wonder if the SPL team mentioned is Rangers. You'd think with Gerrard at the helm they'd be interested. The Eredivise would provide an easier path to first team football than Germany, while still providing Liam with a good level of play, so I wouldn't mind seeing that. Finally, with Toronto FC seemingly interested in getting younger and quicker out wide, I think Millar could be just the player they need, though I don't know if it'll happen considering his previous history with the club.

5 minutes ago, Obinna said:

Finally, with Toronto FC seemingly interested in getting younger and quicker out wide, I think Millar could be just the player they need, though I don't know if it'll happen considering his previous history with the club.

LMAO... the same TFC who said he was too short to make it before going to Europe? I doubt he comes here. I still remember the tone he had when telling that story about being told by TFC he was too short... the young man was far from impressed.

1 minute ago, Ansem said:

LMAO... the same TFC who said he was too short to make it before going to Europe? I doubt he comes here. I still remember the tone he had when telling that story about being told by TFC he was too short... the young man was far from impressed.

Yeah you're probably right, but if those rumours had any legs, you'd think TFC would at least be one of the clubs interested. 

Of course though, like you said, hard to imagine Liam wanting to go back there, especially if he has plenty of options in the UK and elsewhere.

From TFC's perspective though, he would seemingly fill their needs.

8 minutes ago, Obinna said:

Who is the biggest MLS hater:

Ansem versus PhillyJawn-guy

See above... at least I provide you with reason why. Also, for the sake of our national team, it's a no brainer that it's for the best that he stays in Europe.

I see MLS for exactly what it is, you're the one who keeps exaggerating its status. It's a good league for what it is in this region.

Edited by Ansem

5 minutes ago, Obinna said:

Yeah you're probably right, but if those rumours had any legs, you'd think TFC would at least be one of the clubs interested. 

Of course though, like you said, hard to imagine Liam wanting to go back there, especially if he has plenty of options in the UK and elsewhere.

From TFC's perspective though, he would seemingly fill their needs.

Maybe but they won't land him and I think collectively, most of us would rather have him stay in Europe than coming to North America

1 minute ago, Ansem said:

See above... at least I provide you with reason why. Also, for the sake of our national team, it's a no brainer that it's for the best that he stays in Europe.

I see MLS for exactly what it is, you're the one who keeps exaggerating its status. It's a good league for what it is in this region. It's F'N ridiculous when you imply that they should be held in the same regard as those Euro leagues.

Well, i'm actually with you on this one. I would much prefer he stays in Europe. However, if he were to go to MLS, I wouldn't want him to go anywhere but Toronto honestly. Plus like I said, they seem to be looking for that kind of player, so I do see a possibility there.

Out of all the options, I would prefer to see him go to Rangers, if they are indeed one of the interested teams tracking him. I think Liam could break into that team fairly quickly and I think he can score goals in the SPL. Furthermore, success at Rangers could launch him to a bigger European club down the road much more easily than say, TFC (or any MLS team for that matter).