Liam Millar

Northvansteve

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Obinna said:

Yeah I read this the other day but forgot to post it here. What are the odds that they were looking at a Liam and a Miller at the same time?

3 hours ago, Obinna said:

Bullshit.  Just an excuse for counting chickens before they’ve hatched.  Our source here is clearly legitimate and this guy sounds embarassed.  “Oh erm.. yea I meant a Liam and a Millar.. two different guys”. Absolute shite. 

I’d much rather see Millar loaned out to a First Division European Club rather than League One! 

Norway, Scotland, Switzerland, Austria come to mind 

Millar has the same potential do well like David is doing in Belgium 

Also Liam keeps getting listed as a Midfielder, although his natural position is Centre-Forward/Winger would it be easier to add him to the group of strikers we already have? 

The midfield is getting a bit crowded and that’s a good thing, more competition for places. That’s great to see!

Edited by Thomas

3 hours ago, Blackjack15 said:

I’d much rather see Millar loaned out to a First Division European Club rather than League One! 

Norway, Scotland, Switzerland, Austria come to mind 

Millar has the same potential do well like David is doing in Belgium 

Also Liam keeps getting listed as a Midfielder, although his natural position is Centre-Forward/Winger would it be easier to add him to the group of strikers we already have? 

The midfield is getting a bit crowded and that’s a good thing, more competition for places. That’s great to see!

I'd rather he continue to train everyday under the watchful eye of one of the best managers in the world, play U23 football for Liverpool, and sneak an occasional bench spot for the first team in the League Cup. He has a first-class ticket to watch one of the most complete #9s in world football everyday...seeing how Firmino trains and plays on a day-to-day basis could be invaluable in young Liam's development. After a season, or two, of that, he can go play a season at Rangers, under a Liverpool legend and one of the best, most-complete midfielders of the last 20 years, before returning to serve as Firmino's full-time understudy and heir apparent.

5 hours ago, SthMelbRed said:

I'd rather he continue to train everyday under the watchful eye of one of the best managers in the world, play U23 football for Liverpool, and sneak an occasional bench spot for the first team in the League Cup. He has a first-class ticket to watch one of the most complete #9s in world football everyday...seeing how Firmino trains and plays on a day-to-day basis could be invaluable in young Liam's development. After a season, or two, of that, he can go play a season at Rangers, under a Liverpool legend and one of the best, most-complete midfielders of the last 20 years, before returning to serve as Firmino's full-time understudy and heir apparent.

Sounds like a plan....but just shy of a realistic one. 

I'll be the utmost surprised if he makes it to the bench in the league cup. Remember Liverpool haven't won a single trophy in years (since 2012), they have heavily invested in their squad and its the reason why they have stockpiled their team for the purpose of rotation. 

I know Liverpool are high on him, but so are they for guys who are young and actually signed to the first team Rhian Brewster (18), Divock Origi (23), Dominick Solanke (20), and even the guys who are out on loan Ben Woodburn (18), Taiwo Awoniyic (21). All who are doing the very same thing you stated above. 

But it's football, anythings possible.

8 minutes ago, Jahinho Guerro said:

Sounds like a plan....but just shy of a realistic one. 

I'll be the utmost surprised if he makes it to the bench in the league cup. Remember Liverpool haven't won a single trophy in years (since 2012), they have heavily invested in their squad and its the reason why they have stockpiled their team for the purpose of rotation. 

I know Liverpool are high on him, but so are they for guys who are young and actually signed to the first team Rhian Brewster (18), Divock Origi (23), Dominick Solanke (20), and even the guys who are out on loan Ben Woodburn (18), Taiwo Awoniyic (21). All who are doing the very same thing you stated above. 

But it's football, anythings possible.

No clubs take the League Cup overly serious in the first round.  Liverpool has had a few runs in the competition and FA Cup and always give some time to youths. When Liverpool came to Exeter in 2016 they pretty much used their u23 squad. 

Millar is a player the club clearly likes if they’re keeping him around.  Look at Taiwo Awoniyic who you listed and it’s pretty clear the club doesn’t see a future for him at Liverpool, he signed in 2015 but has never actually been with the club. 

10 hours ago, SthMelbRed said:

I get what you’re saying, but look you can only learn so much from watching other players and in training, nonetheless it’s a good environment 

Liverpool are doing well with his development, but what he really needs is minutes for first team football  

Edited by Thomas

4 hours ago, Keegan said:

No clubs take the League Cup overly serious in the first round.  Liverpool has had a few runs in the competition and FA Cup and always give some time to youths. When Liverpool came to Exeter in 2016 they pretty much used their u23 squad. 

Millar is a player the club clearly likes if they’re keeping him around.  Look at Taiwo Awoniyic who you listed and it’s pretty clear the club doesn’t see a future for him at Liverpool, he signed in 2015 but has never actually been with the club. 

Yea I get what you're saying for the fa cup and league cups.... But it's changing. It's changed since Pep has come in a stockpiled talent where Sane, Toure, and Kompany were playing in the first few rounds of the cups. Like I said before Liverpool hasn't won a trophy in nearly 10 years... I'll be surprised if they play the youth in those cups. 

As for Taiwo, I don't know... Just cause he hasn't played for the first team doesn't mean much. He's playing against men somewhere (partnering well with David)... Dominic Solanke is highly rated but plays dead minutes. I think clubs that send young players on loan to get first team minutes means they are trying to expedite them.. No?

My main argument is how highly rated can you be if the club keeps you playing with youth players, doesn't setup a loan for you, and doesn't even offer you a first team contract. 

7 hours ago, Jahinho Guerro said:

Yea I get what you're saying for the fa cup and league cups.... But it's changing. It's changed since Pep has come in a stockpiled talent where Sane, Toure, and Kompany were playing in the first few rounds of the cups. Like I said before Liverpool hasn't won a trophy in nearly 10 years... I'll be surprised if they play the youth in those cups. 

As for Taiwo, I don't know... Just cause he hasn't played for the first team doesn't mean much. He's playing against men somewhere (partnering well with David)... Dominic Solanke is highly rated but plays dead minutes. I think clubs that send young players on loan to get first team minutes means they are trying to expedite them.. No?

My main argument is how highly rated can you be if the club keeps you playing with youth players, doesn't setup a loan for you, and doesn't even offer you a first team contract. 

Okay but that’s Pep, not Klopp.

And I’m not just saying Taiwo hasn’t played for the senior team because that’s obviously no big deal.  He hasn’t played for ANY Liverpool squad.. which to me probably means they see him as an investment who they want to see develop but not on their squad.  As spitfire said, the Liverpool way is to play a year before getting loaned out.

Meh Origi, Solanke and Sturridge are starved for minutes, this season I can't see him getting much playing time at CF.  I cup game here and there isn't worth much anyways.  Staying and learning from a good coach with world class players is valueable for this season, after that playing time will be more important.  

I don't know how deeply you all follow Liverpool. I watch every one of their senior matches, live or on TV, plus highlights of most youth team matches. I also listen to a lot of interviews with the coaching staff and well-connected journalists around the club.

I'm very calm about Liam Millar staying right where he is for this season, and probably next. Klopp doesn't like to loan young players that he rates highly. He resisted loaning Woodburn for 2 seasons, preferring to have him train with the first team. That Millar hasn't been loaned is a sign of how highly he's rated at Liverpool, not the other way around.

Regarding the players mentioned above:

-Origi would have left last month if the club had their way. The player turned down a move to Wolves, foolishly, in my view, thinking he'd get a move to Dortmund or Valencia. Those clubs, as well as a couple of others in Turkey, wanted him, but not at the price Liverpool were asking. He won't be a Liverpool player in 12 months.

-Solanke is a year into the process for Klopp. He'll go on loan in January or next summer, unless he suddenly shows he can be an effective Firmino stand-in in the next few months.

-Woodburn plays an entirely different position, so there's no point discussing him in this context.

-Taiwo Awoniyi can't get a UK work permit, so has been continually loaned. He doesn't realistically have a long-term future with Liverpool.

-Harry Wilson (not mentioned) needs to show that he's a standout Championship player this season in order to earn a real chance for next season.

-Rhian Brewster is out injured for another few months. Klopp rates him massively and he'll go straight into the first-team reckoning once he's fit again. The thing to remember, though, is that Klopp never rushes a player back after a long-term injury. Joe Gomez was brought back over nearly a full year before Klopp reckoned he was ready for proper first-team action. For that reason, I'm not confident we'll see Brewster much until this time next year.

It's also worth noting that Liam is younger than all of those players bar Woodburn and Brewster. He's doing just fine where he is.

5 first team players dropped down for minutes. Dom Solanke, Divock  origi Nathaniel Clyne  Curtis Jones and Rafa Camacho the front three are all first team players. The first team has 5 games in  14 days Liam was told the first team players need match fitness... part of the game unfortunately...

Liam has UEFA  youth league match vs PSG on Tuesday 

Edited by spitfire

11 hours ago, SthMelbRed said:

I don't know how deeply you all follow Liverpool. I watch every one of their senior matches, live or on TV, plus highlights of most youth team matches. I also listen to a lot of interviews with the coaching staff and well-connected journalists around the club.

Don't think anyone follows them like you do. So you're the clear Liam progress tracker. 

I just hope he gets a chance that not much youth players get in the England setup.