Liam Millar

Northvansteve

What about a side like Monaco in Ligue1? Disaster this year but surely they will improve under a legend like Thierry Henry and be an upper table side next year and presumably back to European competition after a short hiatus. Playing for Viera at Nice would also be good for his development I’d think. Might also be neat to see Millar and ZBG on the right side for Lyon a few years from now. 

I think expectations needs to be tempered a bit.  A loan to league one or the championship would be great.. bundesliga and Ligue 1 is probably too big of a leap and those teams want players who have played professionally.  Let’s not forget some of the greatest Canadian players have never even reached that level.. to expect a loan there to start his career is very ambitious.  He’s going to have to battle as he has been, establish himself as a pro and those opportunities will present themselves for the next move. 

1 hour ago, SkuseisLoose said:

Is there any videos of his goal?  I've done some searching around but can't find anything.

https://www.arsenal.com/fixture/under-23/2018-Dec-08/liverpool-under-23-4-1-under-23-match-report#

this is the short arsenal version(have to register to watch sorry)... the lfc one will be up tomorrow will post it then

20 hours ago, Keegan said:

I think expectations needs to be tempered a bit.  A loan to league one or the championship would be great.. bundesliga and Ligue 1 is probably too big of a leap and those teams want players who have played professionally.  Let’s not forget some of the greatest Canadian players have never even reached that level.. to expect a loan there to start his career is very ambitious.  He’s going to have to battle as he has been, establish himself as a pro and those opportunities will present themselves for the next move. 

Agreed, I mean, after all: he is still playing Youth League, which means he is still a u-19 and is in academy mode entirely. 

The key will be to see if Klopp takes him into the preseason with the first team, and if he keeps up his progression to make the argument strong in his favour.

20 hours ago, spitfire said:

Liam got a goal and an assist taking his tally to 6 goals and 2 assists in the last 4 games. 

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/academy/329754-match-report-liverpool-u19s-napoli-youth-league

Just watched the extended highlights of this match, and Liam was heavily involved in most of the action before he subbed out.

For the first goal, he won the ball back deep in the attacking third as part of the high press, then played the ball into the box to Jones, who played the pass across the goal to set up the goal. In MLS, he'd be credited with the 2nd assist.

He missed an absolute sitter a few minutes later, somehow spooning the ball over the bar from 2 yards out with the whole goal open to shoot at.

He was called on a marginal offside just after that when he had the ball in the back of the net.

He then scored Liverpool's second with a smart finish after reacting quickest to pounce on a rebound following a save by the Napoli GK.

He played an excellent through ball, earning the assist on Liverpool's 3rd.

Playing wide right, he was very active in the high press, winning the ball on quite a few occasions. To my eyes, he had a very effective game.

As he is still in Youth League, and in a club that does pay some attention to its youth, I think it would be an error to go out on loan too quickly. You are better off as an academy player at Liverpool with the chance to first, train occasionally with the big boys; then go on the preseason with them; then get your first 1st team minutes, starting next season. It is not like he has stalled in development or is not getting playing time. 

So my take is that he is fine, for now, and only if mid 19-20 he sees the need, and the club too, would they loan him out.

4 hours ago, Ansem said:

Why Vancouver over Europe?

I watch Vancouver, and I’d like to see more of him. I know many worry about players developing in MLS, but I’m selfish and want to watch our players play. Also, I think he’d make a perfect replacement for Davies, and he’d get a real chance to up his stock in Vancouver. I think it would be good for the player, the club, and the fans.

Edited by Aird25

11 minutes ago, Aird25 said:

I watch Vancouver, and I’d like to see more of him. I know many worry about players developing in MLS, but I’m selfish and want to watch our players play. Also, I think he’d make a perfect replacement for Davies, and he’d get a real chance to up his stock in Vancouver. I think it would be good for the player, the club, and the fans.

There's an RSL player who went to RSL on loan from Liverpool, so the prescedent for such a move does exist.

16 minutes ago, Aird25 said:

I was just asking, no judging.

I think he should stay put as there is the promise of what we have seen with last year's Youth League stalwarts, yesterday Foden played the whole match for Man City, and Miranda for Barça, at left back. Both born in this century. If you sit tight, and work hard, I am sure you will get your chance in the Liverpool structure.