Liam Millar

Northvansteve

5 hours ago, SthMelbRed said:

I'm pretty sure that Harry Wilson is in pole position to take Lallana's spot in the squad in the summer.

I hope Wilson finally gets a chance, he seems to play well wherever he goes. Rhian Brewster is also waiting in the Wings, he’s been injured since last year.

I wouldn't be too quick to write off Liam's chances with the first team. In the game against United, Rafa Camacho, a Portugese youth international was called up to the first team and was on the bench (Yeah, yeah I know that United are shit but it's still a Premier League game ?). The season that he has been having at the youth level doesn't seem to be a head and shoulders over Liam's performances. If he can keep scoring and producing with the youth teams, his time will come.

3 hours ago, Jith12 said:

I wouldn't be too quick to write off Liam's chances with the first team. In the game against United, Rafa Camacho, a Portugese youth international was called up to the first team and was on the bench (Yeah, yeah I know that United are shit but it's still a Premier League game ?). The season that he has been having at the youth level doesn't seem to be a head and shoulders over Liam's performances. If he can keep scoring and producing with the youth teams, his time will come.

Camacho, although he plays in the attacking positions for the U23s and U19s, dressed as the 5th choice right-back for the United match. He's much further down the depth chart in his preferred position.

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/331460-melwood-photos-liverpool-training-christmas-eveLiam’s in training with the first team over Christmas... a few shots from today’s session...  nice to see him line up against Kieta... Liam looks very serious(Right side beside Lallana behind Henderson!)  but he is very happy for the opportunity... lots of fixtures of the next few weeks 

6EB5BDAE-10B2-4726-9CD9-959153DAEF6A.jpeg

EDC1C439-C6AB-4B1D-9889-159A7219D2FD.png

Edited by spitfire

Jurgen Klopp, surprisingly, played virtually his strongest 11 yesterday against Newcastle. With huge league matches against Arsenal and Man City in the next week, where he'll, likewise, have to play his strongest available team, I'm seeing heavy rotation coming up against Wolves in the FA Cup a week on Monday. I can see Klopp resting the entire front three, along with Shaqiri, for that match. If he does that, Liam could have an outside shot at making the bench, depending how he's shown in training this week.

Fingers crossed....

Origi - Sturridge - Solanke
- Lallana -

Subs - *Liam Millar*, Curtis Jones, Rafa Camacho, Bobby Duncan

5 hours ago, SthMelbRed said:

Jurgen Klopp, surprisingly, played virtually his strongest 11 yesterday against Newcastle. With huge league matches against Arsenal and Man City in the next week, where he'll, likewise, have to play his strongest available team, I'm seeing heavy rotation coming up against Wolves in the FA Cup a week on Monday. I can see Klopp resting the entire front three, along with Shaqiri, for that match. If he does that, Liam could have an outside shot at making the bench, depending how he's shown in training this week.

Fingers crossed....

Origi - Sturridge - Solanke
- Lallana -

Subs - *Liam Millar*, Curtis Jones, Rafa Camacho, Bobby Duncan

I hope you are right, it does look like a reasonable scenario. The only problem is leaving out a healthy sub in attack, as you could rest a starter if you really felt it was needed. Thing is, that FA Cup tie is hard. 

I see the same scenario with Ballou at Barça in the next Cup tie, also early January: since it is a solid rival from the same tier, it's a hard call. But here everyone is calling for Valverde to rotate. What is the buzz in Liverpool, are fans pushing for the academy players, or for rotation?

4 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

I hope you are right, it does look like a reasonable scenario. The only problem is leaving out a healthy sub in attack, as you could rest a starter if you really felt it was needed. Thing is, that FA Cup tie is hard. 

I see the same scenario with Ballou at Barça in the next Cup tie, also early January: since it is a solid rival from the same tier, it's a hard call. But here everyone is calling for Valverde to rotate. What is the buzz in Liverpool, are fans pushing for the academy players, or for rotation?

To be fair, everyone's so drunk off everything that's happened since van Dijk's awful added time volley was pulled back into play by Jordan Pickford that there hasn't been much talk about the FA Cup.  ?

I don't sense that there'd be much objection from the supporters if Klopp rested most of the regulars for the Wolves match, though. That being said, today's training ground pics show both Curtis Jones and Rafa Camacho training with the first team. I couldn't see Liam there, unfortunately. Maybe Spitfire can shed some light?

21 hours ago, SthMelbRed said:

To be fair, everyone's so drunk off everything that's happened since van Dijk's awful added time volley was pulled back into play by Jordan Pickford that there hasn't been much talk about the FA Cup.  ?

I don't sense that there'd be much objection from the supporters if Klopp rested most of the regulars for the Wolves match, though. That being said, today's training ground pics show both Curtis Jones and Rafa Camacho training with the first team. I couldn't see Liam there, unfortunately. Maybe Spitfire can shed some light?

Liam has been in and out all this week with the first team. They have a few injuries and have loads of games in the next few weeks.He is happy for any chance he gets and says the first team players are really welcoming to the young players.. he said especially Wijnaldum and Salah!!!

As for Wolves I wouldn' t think he will get near it but it would be amazing if he did...Its really a numbers game. The first team at Liverpool has a squad of about 35, very deep especially up front. So Liam's opportunities will come probably from injuries or more loans. Ovie Ojaria has just returned from Rangers and Ben Woodburn may follow suit as his loan at Sheffield United hasn't worked out... he trains with the u23s unless he gets a call to come train at Melwood normally first thing in the morning…

Like I tell him keep working hard and soak it all in and do you best every chance you get...keep at it...and keep dreaming...your chance may come

A.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Vince193 said:

Based on development patterns for kids his age, he needs to be in a pro environment soon. He turns 20 this year. Hope he gets a loan.

Do you think playing first team at Wycombe Wanderers* is a more professional environment than what Liam's experiencing at Liverpool? In what aspect? Coaching? Facilities? Sports science?

*random League One club

10 hours ago, SthMelbRed said:

Do you think playing first team at Wycombe Wanderers* is a more professional environment than what Liam's experiencing at Liverpool? In what aspect? Coaching? Facilities? Sports science?

*random League One club

Like he could take Paris Cowan-hall place at wycombe.

Edited by SkuseisLoose

I am a huge Liverpool fan and with Harry Wilson killing it at Derby, I hope they loan Miller out to a team in the championship asap. But really he should just be sold somewhere MLS or Championship level as I dont think he could even make the senior liverpool team.