Liam Millar

Northvansteve

4 hours ago, Ansem said:
Interview with Liam Millar 
At the 2:25 mark, he reveals that before moving to England after being scouted by Fulham, he had a trial with Toronto FC and he was released because they thought he was too small.
?? 

Dumbasses! 

Think where he’d be if he didn’t have an EU/UK passport, and think how many others are presently slipping through the cracks. Goes to show you why more pro clubs are vital. Can’t rely on any one (or handful of) technical staff(s) to properly evaluate the talent coming through and hand out the limited number of opportunities currently available. 

3 minutes ago, Ansem said:

He moved to England at age 12, must have been right before. 

That explains it then. Would have been when the academy was expanded to lower age groups during Winter's tenure. That initial U12 group i believe was coached by Rick Titus who was criticized for stocking that age group(s) with mostly Brampton kids.

Yes Rick Titus was the age group coach Rogen the academy director. Even though Titus was the rep director and 98 head coach at nmsc where Liam played his youth football for (nmsc) they released him. iThe academy was a chambles at the time. After Liam signed for Fulham FC 4 months later. TFC came back in for compensation from Fulham and we forward on the release letter from them...but no hard feelings things happen for a reason and he’s a better person and player for it. He was proper quality today vs Chelsea. A real threat all game....

Edited by spitfire

22 hours ago, spitfire said:

The things was in all honesty he wasn’t too small it was all club politics at the time.... tbh

my buddy claims he was cut by Tfc acadamy because Dany Dichio kept his son. Not sure how much valitity there was, but just wanted to throw that in

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, spitfire said:

Got to love the voyagers scarp in the pic .. thx for sharing the article I hadn’t seen it here in the UK. 

This is the first national team match I haven’t travelled for...

Here’s to the boys having a great game!!

Wait a minute?! We didn’t know one of our own Vs played for Charlton Athletic?!

2 hours ago, spitfire said:

.. Sorry long story short 

Hi Alan.  I was a Charlton season ticket holder when I lived in London in the early 90's (we were ground sharing at Upton Park at the time) and I still go to The Valley every time I'm over.  Small world.

14 hours ago, Jith12 said:

Good article, but that's the second time in the lead up to this game I've seen it reported that a top 10 finish will get us into the Gold Cup AND Nations League A. 10 is correct for the Gold Cup, but top 6 is needed for League A. Both articles might have been from the same author, but I'm not positive.