Liam Millar

Northvansteve

They’re talking transfer not loan Hochelaga.  Probably a wise move.. I mean he’s not breaking in at Liverpool  anytime soon so what’s the point in going on loans for the next few years?  Join a club where you can break through to the first team.  Also a club where he can strategically grow as the club moves up.

Also, League One is a good level for those unaware.  You’d be really surprised if you ever went to a match the level is at or near mls level.

Edited by Keegan

It would only be a 6 month loan and only to play in the Sunderland 1st team with penalty for under 70% playing time. It would be a good move to get first team playing time. It is standard pathway for top English prospects. Harry Kane went on loan 5 times as did Beckham. This is the clubs plan. Sunderland is one of 4 clubs looking to take Liam on loan. Liam is not leaving lfc(except on Loan)...not anytime soon anyway . 

8 minutes ago, spitfire said:

It would only be a 6 month loan and only to play in the Sunderland 1st team with penalty for under 70% playing time. It would be a good move to get first team playing time. It is standard pathway for top English prospects. Harry Kane went on loan 5 times as did Beckham. This is the clubs plan. Sunderland is one of 4 clubs looking to take Liam on loan. Liam is not leaving lfc(except on Loan)...not anytime soon anyway . 

Sounds like good business, thanks for clarifying.  

Can you expand on what you mean by the 70%?  70% of all first team minutes or of his total minutes at the club?  The latter might end up taking away his u23 time as well if things go awry so I hope it’s the former.

25 minutes ago, spitfire said:

This sounds good.  Can you point to any public comments to support this?

Potentially horrific move for him. I hope spitfire is accurate. Much depends on who else Sunderland sign and sell. 

That club's is on the fast route to liquidation. If they can manage to sell the 4/5 big earners crippling their club and replace them with decent quality players with decent attitudes they would have a chance. They should bounce back up but they thought they would last year. 

They just invited fans to come in and change seats because they didn't want to pay for them. In exchange the fans would get a meet and greet with the players, new owners and a BBQ. 

Of the 50ish fans that came they got a sandwich and the owners weren't there, they went abroad to watch the world cup. 

Seems like a win-win to me based on spitfire’s description, even as a Newcastle supporter. 

Sunderland gets a good young player for cheap, provided they play him (and they are pressured to by $).  6 months seems ideal and if things are going well extend it or move up to a championship club.  Well done.  I think League One is the right level for him now.

13 minutes ago, Norrin Radd said:

I wonder how this will impact his potential availability for the U20 qualifiers.

Of course it depends on Sunderland but I think ultimately they will let him play the U20 qualifiers

41 minutes ago, Norrin Radd said:

I wonder how this will impact his potential availability for the U20 qualifiers.

Probably not a positive in that aspect.  Though I imagine Liverpool wouldn’t mind negotiating a clause in for him to be released.  

13 hours ago, Tg11 said:

If he plays first team for Sunderland then that's great because at least then he will be playing regularly against the world's best players in the Premier League and it will definitely help him to grow more as a player.

Why is this obvious troll not banned yet? Is it because he's supposedly from Ghana so he's assumed to be less intelligent? Just like HugoDirtySanchez or any other troll that said he was an immigrant. The sub-conscious racism from our mods is concerning...

As far as loans go, this would be good for him. Sunderland are still a big club, even if they have fallen on hard times. At the very least he will get exposure, even if his future does not end up being at Liverpool in the long run. Of course Stevie G is gone on to Rangers now. Perhaps Millar might find himself there too, in the not too distant future.

10 hours ago, shamrock said:

Maybe he's just a young kid who's overenthusiastic? Doesn't bother me that much TBH.

Agreed.  I may not appreciate what tg11 has to offer, but I do not recall him being offensive to anyone.  I have found it more shameful how some stalwarts on this forum have been demeaning to tg11.  As many have pointed out, you can always use the ignore function.  

3 hours ago, WheatsheafSK said:

Agreed.  I may not appreciate what tg11 has to offer, but I do not recall him being offensive to anyone.  I have found it more shameful how some stalwarts on this forum have been demeaning to tg11.  As many have pointed out, you can always use the ignore function.  

I do not think members have been demeaning to Tg11. Yes, he's been the butt end of a few jokes, but by internet standards that is pretty tame. Unfortunately, he hasn't seemed to be able to take a clue to post less and read more. The overall quality of the forum goes down as he spams tonnes of useless and uninformed messages, so I think the reaction of some members has been understandable.

/Tangent

Anyway, I too am concerned about Millar heading to a team in a tailspin, but if it is just a loan and with the parameters spitfire outlined then I'd feel a little better. He looked great in his MNT cap so I think level-wise L1 shouldn't be a problem.

Didn’t Sunderland just get a new owner and the old owner paid off their debt or whatever their financial issues were. So I gotta assume they’re in a much better financial position than some on here assume. Overall sounds like a great place for Liam to get 1st team experience though. Hope it works out for him and he can eventually be playing in the prem.

23 hours ago, shamrock said:

Maybe he's just a young kid who's overenthusiastic? Doesn't bother me that much TBH.

Um, no. There are plenty of teens posting on here and they don't come across as blithering idiots. 

Not sure what's more concerning, your blatant ageism or socceronly's closet racism.

10 minutes ago, jpg75 said:

Um, no. There are plenty of teens posting on here and they don't come across as blithering idiots. 

Not sure what's more concerning, your blatant ageism or socceronly's closet racism.

That he is irritating, to you (not me, cause I read the fluff quickly), is not a reason to overstate the case or put the onus on socceronly in that way because the content of a poster is a bit bland.

14 hours ago, WheatsheafSK said:

I'll agree with your agreement.  I'd much rather read something tg11 says than be insulted and attacked by someone that I wasn't even talking to in the first place (all I was doing at the time was reminiscing), and people seem quite happy indulging that particular person.

Edited by SuperCanuck