Liam Millar

Northvansteve

41 minutes ago, Bertuzzi44 said:

I'd also like to see Liam get his first pro minutes, but honestly the Liverpool U23 team must be a decent level.

Don't want to start another league comparison, but what level would it compare to?  :lol:

I don't think you can compare - the talent is there but matches aren't important. Teams could lose 4-0 but the manager praises certain people. The pressure just isn't there. This is why you see loans to non-league conference and lower level league clubs. Managers like players playing in situations where points matter, where teams can be promoted or relegated, where men (not boys) on the other side are playing for their pay cheque and going hard on every tackle. U23 league is a training ground, whereas any league there's a table that matters. So I am not sure you can compare. 

9 hours ago, dyslexic nam said:

I wish all our exciting prospects came with a key informant who can give us the inside scoop.  It just works.

Isn't bitching about everything based on complete speculation with no evidence more fun and true to Voyageurs' tradition?

JURGEN KLOPP IS HOLDING HIM BACK BECAUSE HE HAS HATED CANADIANS SINCE A CANUCK STOLE HIS GIRLFRIEND WHEN HE WAS 14!   ?

Edited by Grizzly

21 minutes ago, SkuseisLoose said:

Just wondering, didn’t the English transfer window end last week, so he can’t move to Sunderland on loan until January?

The loan window is different for non-Premiership clubs; Championship teams can still bring players in on loan until the end of August.

52 minutes ago, LeoH037 said:

Great header, also though he displayed some great footwork to shake off the defender that was marking him. Had not seen that aspect to his game until now.

I thought his movement to get a yard of space was really impressive too. 

Based on the 10-minute highlights of the match, it looks like Millar is being groomed to develop into a Firmino-lite number 9. He's constantly pressing the ball as the first line of defense and created a few City turnovers through his front-running. He doesn't drop deep to receive the ball or tackle in midfield like Firmino, but looks to be doing all the other things that he does, albeit at only U23 level. He had a first-half goal ruled out for what was, at best, a marginal offside call and missed a cheeky, flying backheel that went just over the bar from 6 yards out. His goal was a great headed finish.

If I'm Liam Millar, I'm sitting at home right now praying for news that Origi's been sold and/or Solanke has gone out on loan. 

19 hours ago, SthMelbRed said:

Based on the 10-minute highlights of the match, it looks like Millar is being groomed to develop into a Firmino-lite number 9. He's constantly pressing the ball as the first line of defense and created a few City turnovers through his front-running. He doesn't drop deep to receive the ball or tackle in midfield like Firmino, but looks to be doing all the other things that he does, albeit at only U23 level. He had a first-half goal ruled out for what was, at best, a marginal offside call and missed a cheeky, flying backheel that went just over the bar from 6 yards out. His goal was a great headed finish.

If I'm Liam Millar, I'm sitting at home right now praying for news that Origi's been sold and/or Solanke has gone out on loan. 

Where are these highlights you speak of? :)

Liam played 80 mins in a 2-1 loss vs West Ham for the U23s today before flying out tomorrow. Here are some highlights from the game care of the West Ham website. On a different day Liam could of had two. Needed to be a bit more clinical and came against a very good Keeper Nathan Trott who is the starting u20 gk for England... some great movement on t eh chances though. He is the #9.. the defender he was playing against(#6) was Reece Oxford was had made 8 appearances for the West Ham first team 

https://www.whufc.com/news/articles/2018/september/02-september/highlights-liverpool-1-2-west-ham-u23s

He's really stoked for the camp!!!

Edited by spitfire