Ballou Tabla

shermanator

1 minute ago, Dominic94 said:

Bustos did try his luck with Chile let's not forget that...

things are getting better but even big conuntries lose players like Brazil and Costa

Absolutely right, it's going to happen.  

I look at a country like the USA.  They lose players but still make every World Cup..

Does that mean we are going to see Rossi signing for RBNY or Subotic for RSL?  Absolutely not.  Those two will never play in MLS let alone the US Open Cup as a matter of principle.    

18 minutes ago, Keegan said:

I look at a country like the USA.  They lose players but still make every World Cup..

Does that mean we are going to see Rossi signing for RBNY or Subotic for RSL?  Absolutely not.  Those two will never play in MLS let alone the US Open Cup as a matter of principle.    

Rossi will probably come stateside at some point, Subotic could too potentially.

25 minutes ago, Keegan said:

?? I dont understand this.  What principle would keep them from playing in the US?

Agree to disagree.  However heavy handed scorched earth/Carthagian Peace like tactics are hardly going to draw players in the future.  Like I said I'm just glad you don't have any say in CSA policy.  Cheers. 

Edited by Rheo

2 minutes ago, Rheo said:

Agree to disagree.  However heavy handed scorched earth/Carthagian Peace like tactics are hardly going to draw players in the future.  Like I said I'm just glad you don't have any say in CSA policy.  Cheers. 

Well the CSA themselves have made the decision that "Canadian" players who aren't eligible for the CMNT aren't domestics in the Voyageurs Cup, so I guess we are on the same line of thinking.  Cheers.  

He's also still a kid, in the spotlight. Ego flying very, very high.

It's like when you're growing up, you don't realize how much your parents do for you, and your rude, argumentative. Then when you get into your 20s, you realize.. Wow, my parents are the best, I feel so bad for ever making their lives hard. 

This kid now: "I'm way, way too good for Canada. Look at me." He doesn't yet realize what this country has allowed him to do, what it has allowed his parents to do. 

1 hour ago, nolbertos said:

Hargreaves defected because the CSA youth coaches thought he wasn't good enough to play on the national team.

Bullshit.

Deguzman defected because he was raised in Holland, saw the coaching mess here with Hart and the CSA at that time being cheap on hiring proven coaches with track records and decided to pick Holland.

Bullshit.

If Bustos were and faster, taller and better ball skills he would've defected along time ago.  Now with Tabla thinking of switching, it has to do with the coaching quality and our lowly rank.

Bullshit.

Coaching, CSA etc. are all bullshit explanations by the player to defer blame away from themselves for choosing the more prestigious option.  None of these kids were forced to choose another country, they all wanted to for the glory that could potentially ensue.  If they were a little more honest, then we wouldn't have these bullshit explanations being perpetuated as fact on these boards.

1 hour ago, nolbertos said:

Deguzman defected because he was raised in Holland, saw the coaching mess here with Hart and the CSA at that time being cheap on hiring proven coaches with track records

Nope, that's not what happened. Jonathan moved to Rotterdam in Aug./Sept. 1999 just before his 12th bday. The CSA tried calling him in June 2002 at the start of the 2003 U17 cycle. Jono and his Dad declined. His father was still angry that the OSA had suspended his son for a year for playing without approval as an underage player in an indoor league when Jono was 10.

12 minutes ago, jpg75 said:

Nope, that's not what happened. Jonathan moved to Rotterdam in Aug./Sept. 1999 just before his 12th bday. The CSA tried calling him in June 2002 at the start of the 2003 U17 cycle. Jono and his Dad declined. His father was still angry that the OSA had suspended his son for a year for playing without approval as an underage player in an indoor league when Jono was 10.

That's a pretty stupid thing for the OSA to do. Why do we have to over regulate everything to death in this country? Let kids play.

On 2017-05-18 at 1:59 PM, Vince193 said:

To make things more Spooky Wilmots isn't scared of calling in MLS players like Ciman and oh would you look at that Ciman is a teammate of Tabla.

Yes however he stopped playing Ciman In the Euro especially when they needed defenders and opted to go w someone else in the knock out phase. I believe it was the last match and Ciman was supposed to be a shoe in to replace Jan Vertoghen (ref A) and start however wasn't called upon to the disagreement of the player, fans and media. So I wonder what that says of Wilmots belief in MLS. Some may say he selected Ciman for the Euros as a result of the decimation to the other Red Devil regulars like Kompany, Vermaelen and others (ref B ) 

Ref A

http://www.lalibre.be/sports/football/ciman-ne-comprend-pas-les-choix-de-wilmots-peut-etre-qu-on-ne-savait-pas-que-je-jouais-arriere-central-video-577b4d8235708dcfedbe2307

Ref B

http://www.eurosport.fr/football/euro-2016/2016/belgique-hecatombe-en-defense-wilmots-rappelle-ciman_sto5582813/story.shtml

I really don't think Tabla is on Wilmots radar right now. He's probably aware of him, but he only has so many spots to offer players. Tabla is a great prospect but at the end of the day, if Wilmots can't offer him a spot right now and Zambrano is putting the kid on a pedestal telling him he'll be the face of the program, then Tabla has a choice to either play internationally or not play internationally for the time being. Playing in Montreal, for a Canadian club, he'd need some big balls to say no to us right now.

2 hours ago, Obinna said:

That's a pretty stupid thing for the OSA to do. Why do we have to over regulate everything to death in this country? Let kids play.

While I understand the rule....

Can you imagine a random kid (not Jono quality) playing 3-5yrs up in a official OSA sanctioned game and gets beat up in the sense that he breaks a leg or collar bone from a tackle....theres the negligence aspect to say who approved this. 

Ultimately its the parents decision to say its okay for my son to potentially get hurt. The banning the kid part for playing years up is completely ass backwards to the goal of youth soccer - development .

Their father asked for permission for Jono to play 2-3 years up and the request was denied. Jono played anyways and John (?) Knox the OSA Pres. at the time approved the suspension. Knox was eventually named to the CSA board in the 2000's.

1 hour ago, jpg75 said:

Their father asked for permission for Jono to play 2-3 years up and the request was denied. Jono played anyways and John (?) Knox the OSA Pres. at the time approved the suspension. Knox was eventually named to the CSA board in the 2000's.

Ass backwards OSA...they're doing it now with this OPDL shit.

1 hour ago, Yoginess said:

One day we're going to raise a 4th generation Canadian Farm boy phenom with legitimate talent to play at the highest levels of football/soccer and 0 ties to any other country. 

One day.

As a group we tend to anoint the maybes as our saviors while not appreciating the ones who just agreed to join without drama. If cyle Larin for some reason was not playing for us I can guarantee the thread all about him would be wildly different at the moment. Instead it's all "he's good but not that good". 

We need to have our collective heads checked. 

13 hours ago, lazlo_80 said:

As a group we tend to anoint the maybes as our saviors while not appreciating the ones who just agreed to join without drama. If cyle Larin for some reason was not playing for us I can guarantee the thread all about him would be wildly different at the moment. Instead it's all "he's good but not that good". 

We need to have our collective heads checked. 

It pretty normal to envy the shiny object just out of reach.  Having said that, it is over generalizing to say that the whole Larin thread is the way you describe it.  There are a shit-ton of posts that proclaim both excitement and gratitude that we now have a legit striker (first in a while) who has a nose for goal and has committed to the national program.  There is always going to be discussion of areas where he could improve, or instances where he has underperformed.  I have some of those posts myself.  But that is a lot different than the "meh" way you are characterizing the entire discussion.

I would go so far as to say that it is precisely the exciting elements in our current national team - guys like Larin, Airfeld, Hoillet, etc - that make it so important to secure the commitments of guys like Davies and Tabla.  They will round out a team that currently has elements of a strong squad, but which clearly doesn't  quite yet match up in major tourneys and qualification processes to get us across the finish line.  Throw in their age and the fact that we have a pretty limited number of strong prospects coming through the pipeline, and I think we are collectively doing exactly what one would expect.

These are the 27 players Marc Wilmots called up for two early June friendlies. Obviously Tabla isn't there - all the midfielders are playing for top European clubs. In fact all the players called are playing in Europe except the keepers - 2 play in the Ivory Coast and one plays in the DR Congo.

http://www.lequipe.fr/Football/Actualites/Cote-d-ivoire-marc-wilmots-convoque-cornet-et-gnagnon/802514

Kalou, zaha, pepe, cornet and boga played as am's in their clubs this year. All in top european countries and three of five starters. Starters in their clubs scored at least 6 goals and 2 assists and subs 2 goals and 1 assist in the league. The surprise is the return of Kalou as he had announced his international retirement after the african cup. 

Also two am's who play in top european countries as subs and called to the national team in the past year were not called

A lot of us know he has know chance of making the squad now or even in the next 5 years. The question is how long will he avoid playijg for Canada in order to chase this unrealistic dream