Ballou Tabla

shermanator

5 hours ago, Ivan said:

This.  As disappointing as I am in Tabla's trend toward IC, if he doesn't have the desire to rep Canada, then it's time to move on.

I don't think we should pull the trigger or jump the gun. Ok so he has his dream. All kids his age dream. Let's see where it ends up. If he doesn't get chosen eventually he'll do the same like the others and come on board. I do agree it's probably best for us fans to stop thinking about it while the CSA keeps a back burner on. 

1 minute ago, Moldy9 said:

I don't think we should pull the trigger or jump the gun. Ok so he has his dream. All kids his age dream. Let's see where it ends up. If he doesn't get chosen eventually he'll do the same like the others and come on board. I do agree it's probably best for us fans to stop thinking about it while the CSA keeps a back burner on. 

Agreed, and I don't want to jump the gun.  I appreciate his dream, but if that was the case, why did he accept all the U17 callups and play for us in U17 WC qualifying (rhetorical question Moldy) if he considers himself African?

6 minutes ago, Ivan said:

Agreed, and I don't want to jump the gun.  I appreciate his dream, but if that was the case, why did he accept all the U17 callups and play for us in U17 WC qualifying (rhetorical question Moldy) if he considers himself African?

Yeah for sure. If he was so gun-ho on IC why hasn't he filed his one-time switch yet?

He only turned 18 years old a few months ago, if he hasn't joined us by the time WCQ starts, i'll be a little more concerned. Even then he'll only be 20/21, which is basically Bustos' age ATM.

I am going to stop trying to read the tea leaves on this one.  He feels Ivorian. He references CMNT guys as teammates. He has Drogba promoting CI.  He has Bernier promoting Canada.  He sees guys like Davies signing up.  He sees opportunities with the Elephants.  Too much for me. 

I sincerely hope he signs up - I think he could be one of a number of key people moving our team forward in the years to come.  But this is exhausting. 

2 minutes ago, Ruffian said:

Native french speakers please help, I can't quite get the meaning of the response. Nice to see Tabla referenced by his teammates in reference to CanMNT. Hopefully they are in his ear showing him how being involved with Canada will be good for him.

Nothing to it really, Lefevre's just being cheeky saying that even if it was Ballou in the picture instead of Bernier, he could still write the same quote (because Ballou is a '99).

7 minutes ago, Ruffian said:

Native french speakers please help, I can't quite get the meaning of the response. Nice to see Tabla referenced by his teammates in reference to CanMNT. Hopefully they are in his ear showing him how being involved with Canada will be good for him.

Bernier writes 20th c. meeting 21st c. and Lefevre quips that even if you put Ballou there instead of Davies it would be the same thing (Which is wrong, but Lefevre doesn't strike me as the sharpest knife in the drawer).

2 hours ago, Vince193 said:

Bernier writes 20th c. meeting 21st c. and Lefevre quips that even if you put Ballou there instead of Davies it would be the same thing (Which is wrong, but Lefevre doesn't strike me as the sharpest knife in the drawer).

If I remember correctly, Lefevre is an accountant, so I assume his counting is pretty good.

I don't imagine he has all of his teammate's birth years memorized

2 hours ago, DigzTFC said:

For those that will drive themselves crazy over Tabla, enjoy this moment and cherish it:

And remember this name: Gloire Amanda

Man that was so beautiful and really touching. Makes me proud to be Canadian. 

It is ironic the similarities between Ballou and Alphonso. Just that one is truely grateful and proud to be Canadian while Tabla, not that he isn't, has other feelings and goals. 

I am not going to embark on full  political debate on my province but I'm somewhat positive had Ballou grew up anywhere else in this country he may have had a stronger connection or allegiance to Canada. Anyways patience guys, if it happens it would be paradise but doubt we will get any resolution anytime soon. Major RESPECT to Davies. 

38 minutes ago, Moldy9 said:

It is ironic the similarities between Ballou and Alphonso. Just that one is truely grateful and proud to be Canadian while Tabla, not that he isn't, has other feelings and goals. 

I think it comes back to the parents. You can see what sort of character Davies parents have. Ballou's father apparently wants him to play for IC right? Not saying it makes him a bad man, but clearly there is a respect for IC on some level. I don't see the same affinity towards Liberia from the Davies family. Sounds like it's problems was the bane of their experience.

Knowing more about the Tabla story to Canada would be telling, I think....

Edited by Obinna

4 minutes ago, harrycoyster said:

I believe that the only quote that we have from his father is that he'd be happy with whichever decision Tabla makes. Remember, Tabla was a mainstay of Canada youth teams before Drogba got in his ear. 

Glad to hear I was wrong about that. Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, MtlMario said:

On a recent French TV interview he was asked if there was any contact with the Ivory Coast and after a moment pause he kind of sneaky smiled and said yes. So obviously we are not first choice.

Boo :(