Ballou Tabla

shermanator

On 07/04/2017 at 6:43 PM, jpg75 said:

Pretty sure Davies needs to lock down the starting spot on VWFC before you can claim he'd start on almost every MLS team. 

Part of this is being 16 and needing to be in school. He won't be a starter/won't join the squad for some away games. He'll be a starter at home for every game soon enough I think.

First time he's been played in the middle as a CAM as well. Absolutely tore through Atlanta Utd a couple of times, but then they subbed in two midfielders to close up shop (they were down a man after all), which meant that the middle of the park was completely clogged. Still, really loved what i saw from him today.

5 hours ago, Dominic94 said:

Why ?

So he plays for Canada. If he looks all-world out there, he will either have high international ambitions, or peak the interest of the Ivory Coast. Or both.

Same goes for Cristante, Ferriera, Cristián Gutiérrez (probably too late for him), etc. They can blast off into superstardom.... AFTER being capped by Canada. Not before! lol

4 hours ago, Bertuzzi44 said:

So he plays for Canada. If he looks all-world out there, he will either have high international ambitions, or peak the interest of the Ivory Coast. Or both.

Same goes for Cristante, Ferriera, Cristián Gutiérrez (probably too late for him), etc. They can blast off into superstardom.... AFTER being capped by Canada. Not before! lol

If he is bad, then why should Canada play him? He should impress us to play for us. If he's not good enough to play for us, why should we call him?

19 minutes ago, Obinna said:

No question he is. If he was available and we had a game tomorrow he'd have to be in the starting 11. 

WHOOOOAAHH!!!  Who would you sit?  Hutch, Arfield, Johnson, Hoilet ??  He is a top notch prospect, but only has a couple of starts under his belt in MLS.  Absolutely should be invited to Gold Cup, should get a run out, maybe first off the bench, but I dont think he rates a starting spot just yet.  Davies is probably closer to a starting spot than Tabla.  Although it would be nice for both of them to be at the Gold cup and commit to Canada sooner rather than later.  

1 minute ago, Bison44 said:

WHOOOOAAHH!!!  Who would you sit?  Hutch, Arfield, Johnson, Hoilet ??  He is a top notch prospect, but only has a couple of starts under his belt in MLS.  Absolutely should be invited to Gold Cup, should get a run out, maybe first off the bench, but I dont think he rates a starting spot just yet.  Davies is probably closer to a starting spot than Tabla.  Although it would be nice for both of them to be at the Gold cup and commit to Canada sooner rather than later.  

I wouldn't sit any of them.

Davies has more MLS experience but he's looking more and more like a solid role player, which is fantastic considering his age. Tabla on the other hand does not look like a role player. He looks like a game changer. Both are valuable players for the future but if I had to start one it would definitely be Tabla

50 minutes ago, Obinna said:

No question he is. If he was available and we had a game tomorrow he'd have to be in the starting 11. 

16 minutes ago, Obinna said:

I wouldn't sit any of them.

Davies has more MLS experience but he's looking more and more like a solid role player, which is fantastic considering his age. Tabla on the other hand does not look like a role player. He looks like a game changer. Both are valuable players for the future but if I had to start one it would definitely be Tabla

These two points contradict each other. Either Tabla starts in place of Hutch / Johnson / Arfield / Hoilett / Osorio / various other midfielders, or he doesn't. You can't start him while not sitting anyone he would replace.

Assuming that Tabla wants to play for Canada, I think as of today Tabla is a bubble player for the Gold Cup roster. He has made a case for inclusion in the roster given how he's performed since Piatti was injured, but it's a small sample size. If he continues the run of form he's in, then I would think he would be a super sub in place of Ricketts or even Akindele as a best case. 

I don't think Tabla forces players like Ricketts or Akindele off the roster, and those are probably the players he would be getting minutes in place of. Hutchinson, Arfield, Hoilett, Johnson, Osorio are all ahead of him in midfield if they are available.

Edited by shermanator

8 hours ago, Blackdude said:

If he is bad, then why should Canada play him? He should impress us to play for us. If he's not good enough to play for us, why should we call him?

Okay so my "Hopefully he hits a terrible run of form just before the Gold Cup" comment was really more of just a Voyageur inside joke. I was asked what I meant and so I gave the general philosophy behind it. I'm not a proponent of calling undeserved players obviously, although there is an argument regarding players with great potential. Anyway...

5 hours ago, Northvansteve said:

Ummm, what?

What I mean is that he's not scoring, or assisting, or getting shots on target, or even attempting shots. What he's doing though is working hard and playing his role well. It's great for him especially considering his age.

tabla on the other hand is shaping out to be different. He's being called on to change a game and get his team a goal. This is just my own feeling about him and Davies, but I was curious if the numbers backed up my perception, so I looked up the stats and so far tabla has 1 goal 0 assists 4 shot attempts and 2 shots on goal. Davies has no goals or assists and only 1 shot attempt, despite playing more minutes.

Small sample size but it does suggest tabla is more involved in the offense, while Davies is playing a role and doing it well.

9 hours ago, shermanator said:

These two points contradict each other. Either Tabla starts in place of Hutch / Johnson / Arfield / Hoilett / Osorio / various other midfielders, or he doesn't. You can't start him while not sitting anyone he would replace.

Assuming that Tabla wants to play for Canada, I think as of today Tabla is a bubble player for the Gold Cup roster. He has made a case for inclusion in the roster given how he's performed since Piatti was injured, but it's a small sample size. If he continues the run of form he's in, then I would think he would be a super sub in place of Ricketts or even Akindele as a best case. 

I don't think Tabla forces players like Ricketts or Akindele off the roster, and those are probably the players he would be getting minutes in place of. Hutchinson, Arfield, Hoilett, Johnson, Osorio are all ahead of him in midfield if they are available.

There is no contradiction as you can have all of them on the field at the same time. 

Based on what Zambrano has said about Tabla, I think he'd take a spot from Ricketts or Akindele if it came down to that. Not saying this will happen but just don't be surprised if it does. Let's remember that Ricketts was a Floro favourite and keep in mind we have no idea of how Zambrano rates him or Akindele, but we do know how he rates Tabla, which was something to the affect of "he is the kind of young player that needs to be playing for the senior team right away".

edit: noticed you added Osorio, who Bison44 never mentioned in the post I responded to. I would definitely sit Oso to get Tabla on the field if I had to.

Edited by Obinna

9 hours ago, Bison44 said:

So who would you put in midfield?  Just curious?

-------------Larin----------

Hoilett------Tabla-----Davies (Aird)

---Hutchinson---Arfield------

?----------?------?------Johnson

or

--------------Larin-----------

Hoilett------Tabla-------Arfield

-----Johnson---Hutchinson-----

Hope that answers your question.

10 minutes ago, Obinna said:

Hoilett------Tabla-----Davies (Aird)

---Hutchinson---Arfield------

?----------?------?------Johnson

or

Hoilett------Tabla-------Arfield

Hope that answers your question.

Hoilett------Arfield -----Aird 

---Hutchinson---Teibert ------

De Jong -James ---Jakovic --Johnson

or

De Jong -----Hoilett------Arfield 

Tissot----Attakora---James---Dixon 

10 hours ago, badname22 said:

Does anyone think that he is good enough to start for us if he were to play for Canada?

Right now I've seen enough to call him to camp and have him on the bench for a sub appearance but to start I'd need to see that level consistently. I'm quite sure he is capable and will make it. He seems to have all the tools and most importantly he has the smarts for it. His head for the game is great.

1 hour ago, DannyFromToronto23 said:

De Jong -----Hoilett------Arfield 

Tissot----Attakora---James---Dixon 

Nope.

De Jong at LM is not something I would personally like to see. He did not look good there against UNAL in Champions League. He really does not have the athleticism anymore to play that position. He can do a decent defensive job at LM, but going forward it is basically just service into the box for Larin. He's not going to be taking people on he doesn't have the legs for it.