Doneil Henry

Coramoor

15 minutes ago, Kent said:

Wait, USL does Wednesday afternoon games? Yikes.

Wednesday morning. School day, the team does pretty well with these, looks likes 4-5K. Unfortunately Manella with a boneheaded move, grabbing a RB2 player by the face, gets a red card. Fury playing well down to 10 men, a couple of chances offensively and strong defensively.

Edit: 8K!

Edited by BuzzAndSting

3 minutes ago, Boominbooty said:

Soccerway says attendance is over 8000!!!!! How do they pull that off? All the bureaucrats holding meetings in the stadium?

That's nuts for a mid-morning start. 

School day. The sell to the local school boards.

44 minutes ago, Bison44 said:

Henry starting today for Ottawa. doesnt look too bad, not as rusty as I thought he would be.  Scoreless in second half against a top NYRB 2 squad.  

He looked the strongest defender out there. He does makes clearances only though, doesn't even try to pass to the same colour when under the slightest of pressure. 

Just now, BuzzAndSting said:

Unfortunately Manella with a boneheaded move, grabbing a RB2 player by the face, gets a red card. 

Based on his skillset, he's one of those fortunate guys to be playing pro soccer. 

Was a good result after going down to 10 men.  Another BS red card (much like the 2 VAN got recently).  When you jump up and give the opponent a 2 handed shove and he responds by getting his hands up on the neck and chin, how about 2 reds, or a red and a yellow??  Manella needs to be smarter because the ref always catches  the last incident and I think word has come down to punish any hands in the face.  Although knocking a guy silly with an elbow or a forearm on the next play usually doesnt get called.  It was nice to see Henry play again and finish the 90 still healthy.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 2018-05-02 at 9:43 AM, shamrock said:

He looked the strongest defender out there. He does makes clearances only though, doesn't even try to pass to the same colour when under the slightest of pressure. 

In the 18 or anywhere defensively? 

As a coach, I’d rather see that than seeing a pass through the middle or a turn over because a defenseman took his time.

12 hours ago, Xavier said:

In the 18 or anywhere defensively? 

As a coach, I’d rather see that than seeing a pass through the middle or a turn over because a defenseman took his time.

I get it, but modern football is now requiring CBs to be able to pass out the back.

Well, better safe than sorry I guess. I'd prefer to see a bit more, but on the defensive side, he's a beast. It's no coincidence that Ottawa hasn't conceded a goal since he started playing. I just hope he doesn't get injured, play for a couple of month and than take his game to back to Van. 

1 hour ago, Jahinho Guerro said:

I get it, but modern football is now requiring CBs to be able to pass out the back.

After the adventures Henry has had in the past i'd rather he not pass out of the back. In fact, touch the ball the least amount possible. OK, i kid - sort of. Henry is actually half decently skilled, the problem is he thinks he's Maradona and fucks around too much.

Edited by jpg75

3 hours ago, ardsa said:

Doneil is being called back to Whitecaps:
Whitecaps article

"We’ve got [Doneil Henry] out on loan at the moment, he’s played three good games for Ottawa, and Doneil will be back.”

Robinson said Henry is expected back from loan next week. In the three games he has played thus far, Ottawa has yet to concede a goal. 

He's not being recalled, his loan deal is only until the end of May.

He was suppose to play 5 total games and he's only played 3 so yes it appears to be a recall.

25 minutes ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

Is it May 31st? So he can play two more games (Friday the 25th & Wednesday 30th ?)

2 hours ago, Zem said:

He's not being recalled, his loan deal is only until the end of May.

20 minutes ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

Is it May 31st? So he can play two more games (Friday the 25th & Wednesday 30th ?)

1 minute ago, Obinna said:

He was suppose to play 5 total games and he's only played 3 so yes it appears to be a recall.

The quote implies he'll be able to play more games, i.e. he's expected to be back "next week" (the 31st is next week) and has played 3 games "thus far."