Scott Arfield

Here's an interesting article about Arfield that I'd never seen before reprinted from The Times - talks about his love of music (would've played in a band if not for soccer), talks about a few tragedies earlier in his life.  Tbh, he strikes me as a colourful and strong character - a great leader (if he's not in the sauce too much? 😮).  No idea how that plays out with Team Canada though.

https://www.uptheclarets.com/messageboard/viewtopic.php?t=14610    

6 hours ago, Cheeta said:

Dire Straits!  (Wrote Cheeta as Alice Cooper is playing over the shop radio).

In honour of this entire thread, the Seinfeld of threads, the thread about nothing, I bring you all this selection by Simon and Garfunkel, enjoy...

Edited by Joe MacCarthy

I would bet quite a lot that he’s done in a Canadian jersey. I get whichever scenarios some of you guys are painting but where there’s smoke, there’s fire.

Scotty isn’t coming back. And sadly, even if he if he wanted to, don’t think he’s welcome. Feels clear as day.

Fortunately, I believe we have the depth to get us over the line and onto Qatar.

12 hours ago, cronaldo7 said:

I would bet quite a lot that he’s done in a Canadian jersey. I get whichever scenarios some of you guys are painting but where there’s smoke, there’s fire.

Scotty isn’t coming back. And sadly, even if he if he wanted to, don’t think he’s welcome. Feels clear as day.

Fortunately, I believe we have the depth to get us over the line and onto Qatar.

I have to ask....what makes you think he is not welcome? Especially since you think its clear as day?