Scott Arfield

55 minutes ago, longlugan said:

Or you could just admit that you were wrong?🙄

No I believe England and France poach, steal , lure however you want to put players from other countries especially from African ones. 
I just wanted to deleted because I was tired of reading the crap about it. 

Edited by SpecialK

43 minutes ago, SpecialK said:

No I believe England and France poach, steal , lure however you want to put players from other countries especially from African ones. 
I just wanted to deleted because I was tired of reading the crap about it. 

You believe it even though there is no evidence to back up that belief? I guess we do truly live in the post-truth world, don't we?

8 hours ago, RS said:

I'm just posting in here to keep myself from being the most argued-with person on the board today.

I've been offline all day....were you mad about Montreal playing Pantemis? Is that what the argument was about??  I would have went with Breza.  

Out of curiosity I went back another World Cup (2014) and checked the place of birth of the French players. There were 2 not born in France. Patrice Evra was born in Senegal, and the reason why I'm posting what I found (because it's interesting), Rio Mavuba's place of birth is listed as "born at sea". Apparently he was born in international waters during the Angolan civil war.

That isn’t a great sign. He is healthy and spent the pre-season with them, yet isn’t getting into games in the league or in Europe.  

Earlier in the thread I questioned how much longer he will continue to be a midfield upgrade over our other options.  I think an inability to get onto the field for Rangers reiterates that isn’t some farfetched hypothetical - it is something that may already be the case or at least could be in the very near future. 

The paradox of course is that the less time he gets with Rangers the more useful he is for us - more willing to show up, healthier etc.

I still maintain with these crazy windows and the need for rotation he’s a valuable piece for us. We don’t have many mids who can play like him - Atiba in his current role, Osorio a bit - so it’s good to have another competent guy with those abilities.

26 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

Earlier in the thread I questioned how much longer he will continue to be a midfield upgrade over our other options.  I think an inability to get onto the field for Rangers reiterates that isn’t some farfetched hypothetical - it is something that may already be the case or at least could be in the very near future. 

Personally, I have moved on from the question on whether he's an "upgrade" or not.

For me that's not particularly important, but what is important is can he help this team, for which the answer is still yes. 

I feel the same way about the "is he a starter" question. Again, it's not really a relavent question.

Different players will start different games because of the fixture congestion, with Eustaquio probably being the only exception. 

If Arfield gets dropped entirely and/or released from Rangers, that's something to discuss, but as long as he's part of the squad and getting minutes here and there, he's CanMNT material and deserves to be in the rotation, assuming all the "committment" stuff is put to bed.