Scott Arfield

2 minutes ago, VinceA said:

According to our favourite commentator Wheeler Arfield's exclusion is a Herdman call.

Good on him Arfield doesn't get to pick and choose.

Agree with this. His non committal in the past def needs to be factored in. I guess I am more confused about the inclusion of Fraser rather then the exclusion of Artfield.  

If the team/players wants to be babies about him saying no to bunch of island games when he’s 32 years old playing a ton a football… well that just tells you a lot of mentality of the team. Ok fine be pissed off, maybe don’t even start him or not play him for one game, make him earn the mins in practice. You have 3 games 10 days. But to cut him out right… 

Edited by SpecialK

Just now, SpecialK said:

If the team/players wants to be babies about him saying no to bunch of island games when he’s 32 years playing a ton a football… well that just tells you a lot of mentality of the team. Ok fine be pissed off, maybe don’t even start him or not play him for one game, make him earn the mins in practice. You have 3 games 10 days. But to cut him out right… 

Someone had to come out and get those games won and he opted not to.  I'm sure many in that camp would have enjoyed a break too no?

Could be more to the story than we're aware of.   It's not that far from Gerrard suggesting he was done international football (which could simply be a misunderstanding of what he meant, or perhaps Arfield told them he was done but since changed his mind)

1 minute ago, narduch said:

A guy who thinks he's too good for St. Kitts probably doesn't think much of Honduras or El Salvador either.

He got hurt vs Dominica why would he want to go and play St.Kitts when rangers are playing top football? You don’t need Arfield, Hutch vs St.Kitts and the others. You need them now ! 

3 minutes ago, SpecialK said:

He got hurt vs Dominica why would he want to go and play St.Kitts when rangers are playing top football? You don’t need Arfield, Hutch vs St.Kitts and the others. You need them now ! 

You are conveniently ignoring the make or break series against Haiti - which is a legitimate team (that dumped us out of the previous GC).  

4 minutes ago, SpecialK said:

In my view, this is herdman lack of experience dealing with pro players coming to bite us. 

17 minutes ago, canuckgbp said:

Cohesion is def a major factor. I guess I am more puzzled why they rate Fraser the way they do rather then just the exclusion of Arfield. Maybe I am too biased towards the talent side of the equation rather then the cohesion side.  

17 minutes ago, Alex said:

Dare I say it. Fraser is cheaper? One less flight to pay for… 😬

20 minutes ago, canuckgbp said:

Agree with this. His non committal in the past def needs to be factored in. I guess I am more confused about the inclusion of Fraser rather then the exclusion of Artfield.  

22 minutes ago, canuckgbp said:

Then what happened? Fraser is clearly the glaring hole in the roster. 

Fraser vs. Arfield is a non-issue.  They play different positions.  Fraser is a deep-lying mid who is competing for time with Eustaquio and Piette.  Arfield is more advanced who is competing for time with Wotherspoon, Osorio, Kaye, and Hutch.  You might as well complain that Pantemis is there instead of Arfield.

5 minutes ago, narduch said:

My speculation is that his club pressured  him not to go.

The dude is literally in Armenia with a COVID19 depleted Rangers squad. Mad travel.

It is better for all parties if Herdman spins this as a punishment. He can then come into an October or November camp having been "chastened" I guess.

25 minutes ago, SpecialK said:

They are professionals and the best players should be there. It’s the WQC final not some island game vs shopkeepers. 

That is completely wrong.  The best team should be there, which isn't necessarily the best players.  This isn't fantasy football.

This is the risk you run when you skip games.  If Osorio/Wotherspoon/Hoillet develops chemistry with Tajon-Davies-David-Larin, then you find yourself on the outside looking in.