Caniggia ‘Ginola’ Elva

Tuscan

played another friendly for the main Stuttgart team, playing the full 90 in a 4-1 win. Elva scored the 3rd goal in the 23rd minute. 2 goals in 2 games while with the 1st team. No idea if he had any assists though.

the team was another 3rd division club. So he's showing he could do 3rd division Germany.

http://www.kicker.de/news/fussball/intligen/intpokale/fussball-vereine-freundschaftsspiele/2017-18/45/4212276/spielschema_fsv-zwickau-21_vfb-stuttgart-11.html#omsmtwkicker

Article in the Athletic has an update on Elva:
https://theathletic.com/358092/2018/05/17/the-starting-xi-interview-with-calgarys-cpl-team-president-greg-vanney-on-learning-from-dwane-casey-and-impact-prepare-for-ibra/

Elva is unsure if he will renew his contract as he has garnered interest from several Bundesliga clubs for next season, as well as a Swiss club and, of note, an MLS side.

55 minutes ago, masster said:

https://theathletic.com/358092/2018/05/17/the-starting-xi-interview-with-calgarys-cpl-team-president-greg-vanney-on-learning-from-dwane-casey-and-impact-prepare-for-ibra/

Elva is unsure if he will renew his contract as he has garnered interest from several Bundesliga clubs for next season, as well as a Swiss club and, of note, an MLS side.

That link at first makes it look like Greg Vanney is the Cavalry FC team president.

• 3 months later...
48 minutes ago, A_Gagne said:

At 22yo, upper 1/2 of the table 3 Liga club is a decent level. Hope he get's game time and either moves up through promotion or playing his way up the ranks.

Yeah, not a bad move for him. Signed for 1 yr plus an option.

On 5/18/2018 at 2:08 PM, masster said:

This didn't pan out lmao.

• 6 months later...

Found this on Kicker. It says Elva signed a one year contract with a club option for 1 additional year. After his excellent performances in the last 5 games the club will exercise its option for next year.

Caniggia Elva hat in den vergangenen drei Wochen mächtig Eigenwerbung betrieben (zwei Tore, ein Assist). Der Vertrag des 22-Jährigen mit den Würzburger Kickers endet zum Saisonende. Allerdings besitzen die Kickers eine Option auf Verlängerung, die sie nach Elvas Leistungen wohl auch ziehen.

After having a terrific season in 3.Liga I think he deserves to be on the 40 man provisional roster for the Gold Cup

He's got 3 goals and 3 assists in 5 starts; In just 542 minutes total ? / 90 = Equivalent of 6 full matches plus all those appearances off the bench

From 2016/2017 and 2017/2018 he played in Reggionaliga 

but compared to 2015-2016; his last time in 3.Liga with Stutgart's second team he played 21 games (1058 minutes) and scored just one goal.

His contract will probably be extended, as finishing strong this way, he should be a concrete starter for his club next season.

Although no disrespect to the German system, it's just way to competitive, thousands of players battle every day to make it to the bundesliga

In my view, I think for Elva a move to Scandinavia: (Denmark, Sweden, Norway) or Austria or Switzerland would be beneficial for him! As it would help him advance more career wise 

Heck, he's even gotten offers from MLS teams 

I just hope that Herdman is aware off him, can't sleep on a guy like this 

Edited by Blackjack15

39 minutes ago, Blackjack15 said:

After having a terrific season in 3.Liga I think he deserves to be on the 40 man provisional roster for the Gold Cup

He's got 3 goals and 3 assists in 5 starts; In just 542 minutes total ? / 90 = Equivalent of 6 full matches plus all those appearances off the bench

So that's actually not a terrific season, is it? On one hand I'm happy to see his recent form, but on the other hand I think he would be better of in a team with 3 strikers. And if he didn't have the option exercised, he could be making a nice transfer.

But hey, if he becomes a solid starter and tears it up next season, he surely deserves a call. I just hope he has the patience to withstand a St Lucia call-up. 

• 1 month later...

I am curious to see what clubs are after him from abroad.

I also wonder if TFC would be wise to pick him up. I almost want to say he should stay away from this impending dumpster fire in Toronto, but for Elva it would be a step up in some respects. 

I said the other day Toronto should have gone for Omar Browne, but Elva has a similar profile and is a few years younger. He can play wide forward, he can play on the wing, he can play in a two-man forward line. He has good ball control, good speed. I wouldn't say he's a prolific finisher, but I think he could bag 5-7 a season in MLS. He'd be relatively cheap and he's Canadian so they don't need to burn an international slot.

39 minutes ago, Reign said:

Sorry haven’t followed him that closely. Is this rumoured transfer likely to be a transfer up or lateral ? 

I'm hoping for a slight step up, but it's probably gonna be lateral. He had a respectable season in 3. Liga, scoring 4 goals in 17 games, but those aren't the numbers you'd associate with a move up. His club did finish 5th though, so perhaps we can hope some bigger eyeballs are on him. 

• jordan changed the title to Caniggia ‘Ginola’ Elva