Caniggia ‘Ginola’ Elva

Tuscan

2 minutes ago, Big_M said:

At this point, good for him.  Surprised it's taken him this long.  I am fully okay with him helping grow the quality of CONCACAF and at this point, he really is no where near our program.  Wish him the best.

Froese has been able to work his way into a starting role on a Bundesliga2 team, so I'd like to see him invited to a camp if he can remain at this level.  

Yeah it's well wishes from me as well. At one point it seemed like he could maybe break in, but had the injury right around the time he promoted up to 2.Bundesliga. Now in the 4th tier I think it's the right time for him to accept the St. Lucia call.

Froese has had a steady climb up the lower divisions to FINALLY get to the 2.Bundeliga, but Elva has yo-yo'd and had a very long injury layoff, and unlike Kianz he plays in a position we are relatively stacked in. 

I do think Froese should be on our radar for a recall. Would be amazing to see it and so far it seems he is doing well with the step up. 

46 minutes ago, VinceA said:

I'm surprised he hasn't come home and joined Cavalry.

Maybe it's because he was close to the 2.Bundesliga so the hunger and allure to climb back up the ladder hasn't left. He plays in a 18k stadium against some relatively big clubs like Energie Cottbus, so that atmosphere and maybe even the pay bigger and better for now. If he is going back to the CPL at his age it's probably to see out his remaining years, so that's maybe a few seasons away. He's still ony 26 after all. He can probably wait and earn a few more dollars, then come back home in his late 20s and still be productive. 

Anyone know how much a 3rd/4th division German player would typically make? I am guessing it's more than the CPL average.

1 hour ago, narduch said:

Starting for St. Lucia.

Fair play to him. He couldn't wait around forever for Canada to call, given the level he is currently playing at.

https://www.concacaf.com/en/nations-league/game-details?matchid=712953

He even scored a goal!

@jordan  or @JamboAl , time for a move to that other section.

Edited by Olympique_de_Marseille