Andre Hainault to Europe?

Obinna

23 minutes ago, SpecialK said:

I'm not a huge fan of Jakovic either, I hate when NASL and USL players get called up. But 3.Liga is way better then both those leagues. Also right now who is better (that is not hurt ) then Hainault ? 

Gasparotto 

James 

Vitoria

Cornelius 

Grant

Recine

Didic

Sadiki

Lebre

Kapor

Straith

thats basically all the options right now 

James and Vitoria, and then Straith because he has had experience. I am a big believer in Didic, I hope SKC move him up next year (though they are still alive in USL playoffs I see). 

I mean, I agree too, for a CB you want more experience and level than in other spots in the field. But Bundesliga 3 is not bad now that it is a single national division. In a few months we'll be able to determine if he's worth bringing back into the fold.

We need Edgar to get healthy and get minutes, though the set-up at Caps does not favour him at all, Waston-Parker is reliable enough considering how we play. 

7 hours ago, SpecialK said:

I'm not a huge fan of Jakovic either, I hate when NASL and USL players get called up. But 3.Liga is way better then both those leagues. Also right now who is better (that is not hurt ) then Hainault ? 

Gasparotto 

James 

Vitoria

Cornelius 

Grant

Recine

Didic

Sadiki

Lebre

Kapor

Straith

thats basically all the options right now 

I am literally cringing right now as I'm reading these names, so weak at CB 

Pray for Ferreira and Tomori! Or the revival of Doneil Henry

8 hours ago, Blackjack15 said:

We're not gonna have our fucking starting Centre Back playing in the German 3rd division! I'm already annoyed by Jakovic

Hainault is in the past 

when it comes to CBs right now, I don't think we can be too picky. Also, I'm thinking 3rd Div in Germany is probably at least on par with (big air quotes) "2nd" div USA. 

I wouldn't call Hainault right now because he hasn't played in over a year. If he were to  gain his starting spot, I would call him if I'm Zambrano to see where he fits in my plans. I think he's in the same situation as David Edgar. Now, that doesn't mean that he would be an automatic call-up, but you look at our centre backs, and see that they could help for depth if healthy. 

Also, don'T we have a CB from the German 3rd division on the team right now? I don't think we're too good  at the back to say to a player of the German 3rd tier no right now. If he was a striker, the answer would be different (unless of course he was scoring for fun there) right now. But, it's hard for me to say that an healthy Hainault would be worse than what we've got. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Hainault on a good run (and scoring a goal yesterday) with the top team in Bundesliga 3.  Seems fully healthy. Wouldn't be the most exciting choice but possibly not a bad callup for March.  Can play CB or RB, not the best distributor but solid at defending in a physical game with lots of aerial battles, which is what the Kiwis and Chris Wood tend to excel at.  Athletic enough to do the job.  Always a threat to score off set pieces.  Also a longtime loyal soldier for Canada.

3 hours ago, Shortdutchcanuck said:

Hainault on a good run (and scoring a goal yesterday) with the top team in Bundesliga 3.  Seems fully healthy. Wouldn't be the most exciting choice but possibly not a bad callup for March.  Can play CB or RB, not the best distributor but solid at defending in a physical game with lots of aerial battles, which is what the Kiwis and Chris Wood tend to excel at.  Athletic enough to do the job.  Always a threat to score off set pieces.  Also a longtime loyal soldier for Canada.

Honestly if he continues starting  he should start along James for the first team (Take this with a grain of salt because  I haven't seen him play since 2015)

• 1 month later...

Won't be playing in the 2. Bundesliga for 1. FC Magdeburg next season.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=newssearch&cd=2&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjJybHvo-TaAhWsIMAKHSrJAoQQqQIIKigAMAE&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.volksstimme.de%2F1fcm%2Ffussball-hainault-bestaetigt-abschied-vom-fcm&usg=AOvVaw3YvZUQbeSg8rO0K2GhMCk6

He's been playing strong lately, but also has had a lot of injuries. He thinks he'll get another shot at a 3rd Liga team (I agree). It says ex-national team player in the article, not sure if the writer just assumes that or that Andre he's said it. 

1 hour ago, shamrock said:

Won't be playing in the 2. Bundesliga for 1. FC Magdeburg next season.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=newssearch&cd=2&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjJybHvo-TaAhWsIMAKHSrJAoQQqQIIKigAMAE&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.volksstimme.de%2F1fcm%2Ffussball-hainault-bestaetigt-abschied-vom-fcm&usg=AOvVaw3YvZUQbeSg8rO0K2GhMCk6

He's been playing strong lately, but also has had a lot of injuries. He thinks he'll get another shot at a 3rd Liga team (I agree). It says ex-national team player in the article, not sure if the writer just assumes that or that Andre he's said it. 

Move to CPL? s'il vous plait? 

Magdeburg has changed their mind with Hainault and offered him a one year contract extension. Unlike the other players leaving the club, Hainault did not take part in the departure ceremony with the fans at the last home game of the year. It seems like the club was nervous about his injury history but his strong play at the end of the season and previous experience in the 2nd Bundesliga changed their mind. Hainault has not committed yet but said that he has received an offer and will meet with the club to discuss it.

http://www.kicker.de/news/fussball/3liga/startseite/723308/artikel_magdeburg_kehrtwende-bei-hainault.html

13 minutes ago, Grizzly said:

Magdeburg has changed their mind with Hainault and offered him a one year contract extension. Unlike the other players leaving the club, Hainault did not take part in the departure ceremony with the fans at the last home game of the year. It seems like the club was nervous about his injury history but his strong play at the end of the season and previous experience in the 2nd Bundesliga changed their mind. Hainault has not committed yet but said that he has received an offer and will meet with the club to discuss it.

http://www.kicker.de/news/fussball/3liga/startseite/723308/artikel_magdeburg_kehrtwende-bei-hainault.html

Awesome news!

Yeah great! Obviously there's no doubt about his abilities, considering how much they're playing him (and getting the results that they are).  But he has been injured as lot since playing for them, one could understand the hesitation. 

As for him, no doubt he has offers from 3. Liga clubs, where he would play a lot. I guess Magdeburg will also look to sign reinforcements, so I wouldn't blame him if he stays in the 3rd. But I hope he does sign with Magdeburg and goes up with them TBO. 

I thought he must have something else lined up, when I read he rejected Magdeburg's offer. And it makes sense: he's nearly 32 and signs a 2-year contract and will probably play a lot (barring injuries). It's not as if he really wants to play in D2 cause he's already done that anyway. 

• 2 years later...
6 hours ago, Blackdude said:

Kaiserslautern are insolvent. They'll say what the next steps are to be on Monday. His contract was ending at the end of the season. I wonder if he'll still play after this year. He'll be turning 34 on Wednesday.

That is a big club that has gone bust!  I still remember the season they came up from 2. Bundesliga to win the Bundesliga the year after.  Hopefully they will be back soon - they have a large fan base.

3 hours ago, JamboAl said:

That is a big club that has gone bust!  I still remember the season they came up from 2. Bundesliga to win the Bundesliga the year after.  Hopefully they will be back soon - they have a large fan base.

You must remember him playing briefly for Ross County Al? Their chairman is causing some issues with the Scottish football reconstruction plans, I'm not sure if he was there when Andre was on the team in 2013!