Andre Hainault to Europe?

Obinna

Samuel Piette from this years U17 team is with Metz.

So is Sam Leblanc and possibly two other kids from Quebec. Neither of them is officially signed with Metz though, they are only training with the club since they are under 18 years of age.

So is Sam Leblanc and possibly two other kids from Quebec. Neither of them is officially signed with Metz though, they are only training with the club since they are under 18 years of age.

The club must see something in them though if they're keeping them around to train which is a good thing.

I kinda hope he doesn't sign an extension with the Dynamo and signs on a free in Europe if these rumors have legs. MLS have asked alot for players in the past. Was Maurice Edu really worth 5 million when he went to Rangers? Or even worse, Altidore for 8 million (IIRC)

I believe that would be a return to Europe as he was signed from the Czech League IIRC! It would be great to see Andrew playing RB at a higher level in Europe, he could be the answer to problems in that position for our National Team, that's assuming Hart bothers to call him!

Czech Fourth Division? :D

Yeah, it would be more desirable to have CMNT players in leagues that actually break for FIFA dates.

The league Hainault is currently playing in did indeed break for the FIFA dates that he decided to pass on. That wasn't the issue.

Guest Brethers

Braga would be best in my opinion, got into Europe the last couple of seasons and pushed Arsenal hard in CL before getting Europa League runners up. UEFA competition would surely be fantastic for any of our guys and I feel at Braga he'd get good exposure to top clubs and play in the bigger comps. That's if there is truth to this story

• 1 year later...
Hainault would easily have found another MLS club if not for its oppressive player movement rules.

Because Houston still has his MLS rights he is forced to look at clubs like Ross County.

gent, your passed on the most influential element of a new deal for professional footballers....dollar bills!

gent, your passed on the most influential element of a new deal for professional footballers....dollar bills!

He could probably make more money signing with another MLS team as a true free agent than he would at Ross County. SPL teams don't have very big payrolls.

He could probably make more money signing with another MLS team as a true free agent than he would at Ross County. SPL teams don't have very big payrolls.

Undoubtedly Houston wanted a prohibitive return for his rights, Mo/Carver/Preki doesn't rate him, none of the Canadian teams need a central defender who can play also on the right and he is not MLS quality. Did I miss any?

Exactly. He made 130 000$ or so with Houston, whereas the average wage at Ross County would probably be around 60-80 000$.

he is not MLS quality

Wait...what? Did I misunderstand? Hainault certainly is MLS quality. I'll echoe others: if he signs at Ross County I'll be disappointed. Even a top Ligue 2 team like Nantes would be way better.

The key thing is that he continues to play well for the CanMNT. Whereever he signs, I have faith that he will continue to do well by us.

Wait...what? Did I misunderstand? Hainault certainly is MLS quality. I'll echoe others: if he signs at Ross County I'll be disappointed. Even a top Ligue 2 team like Nantes would be way better.

The key thing is that he continues to play well for the CanMNT. Whereever he signs, I have faith that he will continue to do well by us.

Heh heh...yeah I think you misunderstood.