Andre Hainault to Europe?

Obinna

I believe that would be a return to Europe as he was signed from the Czech League IIRC! It would be great to see Andrew playing RB at a higher level in Europe, he could be the answer to problems in that position for our National Team, that's assuming Hart bothers to call him!

It would be great for Andre's development and career for him to return to Europe as he heads into his prime years. However, when it comes to WCQ it is nice having him on this side of the Atlantic.

Indeed, because he'd never refuse a call-up to a World Cup qualifier on account of an MLS game or something.

I believe that would be a return to Europe as he was signed from the Czech League IIRC! It would be great to see Andrew playing RB at a higher level in Europe, he could be the answer to problems in that position for our National Team, that's assuming Hart bothers to call him!

You do realize his name is André, right?

^Agreed.

I don't know what the backline situations are at those clubs for CB and RB but you would have to think Anderlect and SC Braga would be the best bets for him to get in the starting 11. And both would be good destinations, as SC Braga have been finding there way into Europe in recent years (IIRC they lost in Europa league final to Benfica last season), and Anderlect is the biggest club in Belgium and qualify for CL on a semi-regular basis.

Mallorca is the one that surprised me. It would be quite the jump to go straight into La Liga and get playing time but if he could do it I would be a happy man. Same thing goes for Bordeaux, who I would prefer the most out of the lot. They have dropped off the last couple of years but L1 is a good league and Bordeaux are very unlikely to get relegated (not as confident about Mallorca). Plus Andre speaks French which could make for an easier transition.

Hainault's had a very good season in MLS, and despite some of the criticism he's got on here for skipping MNT games to stay with his club if this leads to a move to a club like Bordeaux then clearly his decision to stay with Houston is one that will help the Nats in the long run.

http://www.topmercato.com/39539,1/info-tm-un-finaliste-de-la-mls-a-bordeaux.html

Will MLS Cup 2011 be the final MLS appearance for goal-scoring right back Andre Hainault? This report from Europe indicates that the Canadian international is a target of Ligue 1 club Bordeaux as well as SC Braga in Portugal, Anderlecht in Belgium and Real Mallorca in Spain.

My French is basic enough to understand the article, but can someone with more experience way in on the credibility of it?

My French is basic enough to understand the article, but can someone with more experience way in on the credibility of it?

Well it's a website not affiliated with any traditional media, not citing its sources. I don't know the history of that site (if it is reliable), but until it is confirmed by any party involved I am considering this a rumour...

Just out of interest, can anyone here suggest why our internationals seldom play in the French leagues? I doubt its lack of our quality (Canucks in England & Germany) or the language barrier (Canucks in Turkey). Are there any documentation barriers? Anyone?

I know we had a few kids in trial in France a few years back, I think Sean Rosa and Taylor Lord, but they didn't really pan-out...

Just out of interest, can anyone here suggest why our internationals seldom play in the French leagues? I doubt its lack of our quality (Canucks in England & Germany) or the language barrier (Canucks in Turkey). Are there any documentation barriers? Anyone?

I think it must be quality. There are lots of academy players over the years in France from Canada.. They never seem to make it past that. I mean as far as Canadians in England and Germany only 1 play in the 1.bund and epl (unless you include Jr.) I'd love to see him with Braga out of the teams on the list I think he has the best change to start there as well as it being a great league and team (I follow them for my Portuguese team). They have a large roster but lot's of top teams do and they are short at rb. Miguel Garcia replaced Joao Pereira but I don't know who was there last year... Was it Baiano? That's the only one I can find that for sure played RB this year.

I think it must be quality. There are lots of academy players over the years in France from Canada.. They never seem to make it past that. I mean as far as Canadians in England and Germany only 1 play in the 1.bund and epl (unless you include Jr.) I'd love to see him with Braga out of the teams on the list I think he has the best change to start there as well as it being a great league and team (I follow them for my Portuguese team). They have a large roster but lot's of top teams do and they are short at rb. Miguel Garcia replaced Joao Pereira but I don't know who was there last year... Was it Baiano? That's the only one I can find that for sure played RB this year.

1 Canadian plays in the EPL and 2 play in the Bundesliga

EPL:

Jackson

Hoilett

Bundesliga:

McKenna

De Jong

http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/article/2011/11/08/dynamos-hainault-keeps-euro-interest-back-burner

Dynamo's Hainault keeps Euro interest on back burner

Defender linked to several clubs, but his preference is to stay put

NOVEMBER 8, 2011

Greg Seltzer

MLSsoccer.com

AMSTERDAM — A report out of France on Tuesday indicated that Houston Dynamo defender Andrew Hainault is drawing attention from several European clubs, including Ligue 1 side Bordeaux, Spanish side Mallorca, Portuguese club Braga and Belgian club Anderlecht, where US international Sacha Kljestan currently plays.

MLSsoccer.com has confirmed the reported overseas interest, but the player’s agent says the Canadian national-teamer would prefer to extend his MLS stay.

"There is some interest in France and in Germany," Andreas Kirsch told MLSsoccer.com. "But nothing concrete at the moment. First of all, he has to win the final and score more goals. His plan A is to expand his contract with Houston. Plan B would be to see what options there are in Europe."

The Dynamo are preparing to face the LA Galaxy in the MLS Cup on Nov. 20. Hainault, whose current contract runs through the end of the 2012 season, has scored two goals in Houston’s playoff run — equaling his tally in 79 regular-season MLS matches.

"Andre is under contract through 2012,” Dynamo president Chris Canetti told MLSsoccer.com on Tuesday afternoon when asked about the report. “He will be part of our club next year, and it is our hope and intention to retain his services beyond that. He has been a terrific player on the field and is great in the dressing room and the community."