Andre Hainault to Europe?

Obinna

I don't know what the terms or duration of André's contract with Ross County are going to be. If it's a short term deal to the end of the season, then it's basically to ensure that they stay up in the SPL. If it's a longer term deal, then maybe the club is looking to get a transfer fee from him in a year's time.

I'm heading up to Edinburgh and Inverness in April so hopefully will be able to watch him play live.

Couldn't agree more. I've lost all interest in MLS.

Same here. I never thought I'd miss the A-League, ever. Though the Toronto coaching situation right now is pretty funny. Maybe the academies will turn this around but I'm not confident.

^ Yeah I have to admit as much as I love the "local team" my interest is starting to drift a little bit. To me the second rate nature of the product is counter-balanced by the local content. No local content? No counter balance. I don't cheer for laundry.

Can't comment on the other MLS teams because I didn't follow as closely but I think the number of Canadians TFC had on the roster last year was commendable. That being said, it has to be a continuous thing, not a one-off. Cordon and Makubuya got cut, no real issue with that, but we should be bringing in more guys to take their places.

As a side note, a point of annoyance for me is the way Canadians are treated on MLS rosters. Nobody is going to convince me that we "need" Logan Emory on our roster any more than we need Adrian Cann. The only difference is that under MLS rules, one is more flexible and easy to trade. So we are giving jobs to marginal Americans not because of a talent gap, but because of how the rules have been calibrated.

As a side note, a point of annoyance for me is the way Canadians are treated on MLS rosters. Nobody is going to convince me that we "need" Logan Emory on our roster any more than we need Adrian Cann. The only difference is that under MLS rules, one is more flexible and easy to trade. So we are giving jobs to marginal Americans not because of a talent gap, but because of how the rules have been calibrated.

Yeah man it's absolutely ridiculous, I agree. And frankly, as much as I was saying (and honestly) about how I think canadians should not be given spots, they must be earned...I find it hard to watch a team like Whitecaps and cheer for them when I don't have that local content to cheer for. I was more interested in DC United than I was in the bloody team that is closest to me.

^ Yeah I have to admit as much as I love the "local team" my interest is starting to drift a little bit. To me the second rate nature of the product is counter-balanced by the local content. No local content? No counter balance. I don't cheer for laundry.

Can't comment on the other MLS teams because I didn't follow as closely but I think the number of Canadians TFC had on the roster last year was commendable. That being said, it has to be a continuous thing, not a one-off. Cordon and Makubuya got cut, no real issue with that, but we should be bringing in more guys to take their places.

I'm glad to see there are fellow Canadians that share my views, I get crucified on the TFC board for sticking up for Canadians, it is mind boggling sometimes but everyone is entitiled to their opinion on how their club team should be composed! The Adrian Cann point is well taken, I would have him on my team over many of these American journeymen they are now counting on!

I'm glad to see there are fellow Canadians that share my views, I get crucified on the TFC board for sticking up for Canadians, it is mind boggling sometimes but everyone is entitiled to their opinion on how their club team should be composed! The Adrian Cann point is well taken, I would have him on my team over many of these American journeymen they are now counting on!

I am another one who would like to see much more Canadian content on TFC. I'd rather loose with Canadians then watch this team be utter SHlT with a bunch of Americans. They couldn't even be bothered to dress Canadians last year instead going for shortened bench for the second half of the season. I hope things are different this year. It was hugely disappointing and caused me to drop all but one of my tickets.

How much did Emory make last year? How much did Cann?

If you're going to claim a bias towards Americans vs. Canadians, I'd suggest you choose a different example.

Guest Brethers
If any of you are interested in reading what the Ross County fans think of Hainault... http://www.overthebridge.info/showthread.php?tid=825

They all seem very excited about their club signing him. Some are hoping he gets signed long enough to where if he impresses, another club won't swoop him away.

They do seem pretty excited! Hopefully he can do well for them, I reckon he will

• 3 weeks later...
How much did Emory make last year? How much did Cann?

If you're going to claim a bias towards Americans vs. Canadians, I'd suggest you choose a different example.

Are you suggesting that Canadians and Americans are now treated the same regardless of whether they play for a US team vs a Canadian team?

I've been only paying half-attention MLS-wise for a while now, so it's possible that my perceptions are out of date.

Are you suggesting that Canadians and Americans are now treated the same regardless of whether they play for a US team vs a Canadian team?

I've been only paying half-attention MLS-wise for a while now, so it's possible that my perceptions are out of date.

I was suggesting that Logan Emory made half of what Adrian Cann did in 2012, which probably had a big influence on why Emory was kept on while Cann wasn't.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

I was just wondering where Hainault has been this year. Turns out he's had a thigh injury all year and underwent surgery a few weeks ago. Out for the rest of the year.

On the bright side, Madgeburg is one point out of a promotion spot to the 2. Liga and he's signed through next year.

http://1.fc-magdeburg.de/saison/aktuelles/abwehrspieler-andre-hainault-erfolgreich-am-oberschenkel-operiert-/6260/

Edited by shermanator

• 8 months later...

Hainault seems to be recovered from his long injury but is still trying to get fit. He played in one Cup game against a lower division team a few weeks ago and has been on the bench for one league game so far. Here is an article in German. He talks a bit about hoping to return to the national team and some good memories with the team such as meeting Maradonna.

https://www.volksstimme.de/1fcm/fussball-hainault-hat-endlich-wieder-spass

Speaking about Magdeburg, the taught Dortmund a lesson in what support is this week in a Cup game (despite the support they lost 5-0 and Hainault did not play and was not on the bench): https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/4759051/magdeburg-borussia-dortmund-fans/

Edited by Grizzly

16 minutes ago, Blackjack15 said:

We're not gonna have our fucking starting Centre Back playing in the German 3rd division! I'm already annoyed by Jakovic

Hainault is in the past 

I'm not a huge fan of Jakovic either, I hate when NASL and USL players get called up. But 3.Liga is way better then both those leagues. Also right now who is better (that is not hurt ) then Hainault ? 

Gasparotto 

James 

Vitoria

Cornelius 

Grant

Recine

Didic

Sadiki

Lebre

Kapor

Straith

thats basically all the options right now