Andre Hainault to Europe?

Obinna

I love Canadian content but I never found Hainault as a dependable CB. He was slow and his marking was rarely on point. I remember watching him in the U-20 WC and opposition turned him inside out on a regular basis. I wish him all the best and I hope he lands in the CPL to finish out his career (on a team other than my York 9).

Awww, I remember Hainault being a very solid MLS player on a good club.  Even banging in a few important goals.  its a shame things never clicked when he went to europe.  I wonder if he will pull a Mckenna and after many years in Germany he'll stay there and look for coaching jobs when he is done playing?  

6 minutes ago, BrennanFan said:

Good player for us. Consistent. Had a great 2007 Gold Cup as a 21 year old. Shat the bed in the game that shall not be mentioned. 

Yeah Gold Cup was really his coming out party. From then on he was a regular for us. It would be kinda cool to see him join the 50-cap club, but I don't see it happening. He would need 6 more caps. 

19 hours ago, gator said:

You must remember him playing briefly for Ross County Al? Their chairman is causing some issues with the Scottish football reconstruction plans, I'm not sure if he was there when Andre was on the team in 2013!

I do.  He was pretty ordinary but the Scottish game can be pretty "agricultural".