CPL 2022 Season Attendance

41 minutes ago, Ftduck said:

Question for anyone who attended last nights Concacaf game. Was there any away support for Costa Rica? Couldn't tell from the broadcast. 

Yeah, I saw a number of Costa Rican flags, but I didn't see any large contingent of organized supporters. Just random fans interspersed with the rest of the crowd. It's nice, in a way, that this is possible

On 8/17/2022 at 7:35 AM, Ftduck said:

Question for anyone who attended last nights Concacaf game. Was there any away support for Costa Rica? Couldn't tell from the broadcast. 

I saw maybe half a dozen Costa Rican shirts in the stadium. maximum but there may have been more. It looked like a family of four and a separate pair of College-aged kids.

35 minutes ago, ted said:

I saw maybe half a dozen Costa Rican shirts in the stadium. maximum but there may have been more. It looked like a family of four and a separate pair of College-aged kids.

There were times at Forge Concacaf games the away support were louder than us lol. Loved it though. 

3 hours ago, JamboAl said:

I think that might be overly optimistic, maybe 7,000+ for a home leg semifinal and 10,000+ for a final might be more realistic.

I think there were just under 10K for the NASL semi-final against Minnesota in 2015 so I think that number might be reachable for either game if AO makes that run.

Think that goes without saying just as it would look much worse without Halifax and Ottawa. Outliers from the median range have a tendency to do that. Always important to bear in mind that these are announced rather than paid numbers so it's difficult to gauge how healthy the league actually is from these stats alone.

An average high enough to encourage future investors to believe without fueling wage demands by bolshy player union types was to be expected to a certain extent and can be achieved in part through ticket deal promotions and freebies. We know, for example, that two unusually large numbers in Ottawa were accomplished that way.

Overall Pacific, Ottawa and to an extent Calgary seem to be trending upwards based on what is visible on Onesoccer. Valour and the Forge are probably the main concerns at League HQ beyond the two blindingly obvious ones. We've already seen on the record comments from Wade Miller where Valour attendance is concerned.

40 minutes ago, MtlMario said:

I did not mean we remove them from the league, I meant the average looks much better without the 2 worst attended teams.

I got that, and I probably should have put a smiley face on my post.

It is also true, however, that it is worth considering the implications of selecting out data from a data set.

20 hours ago, Ansem said:

I think once York moves to Woodbine - attendance will increase quite significantly. 

Why?  Honest question.  No one seems to care about the team now so why do you feel that switching venues will have a significant impact on their attendance?

1 hour ago, Kingston said:

Why?  Honest question.  No one seems to care about the team now so why do you feel that switching venues will have a significant impact on their attendance?

Their stadium will be part of a massive redevelopment project at Woodbine that will increase its attractiveness as an entertainment destination with a new GO Station. Also key to that the project is that a new neighborhood of around 60k residents will be part of it.

https://storeys.com/woodbine-racetrack-housing-mega-development-60-000-residents/

Website with images
https://lwlp.com/portfolio_page/woodbine-racetrack/

https://woodbinecommunityplan.com/

York United going at the heart of this massive redevelopment area means that they can capture those residents gradually as they move in and build a following/culture/tradition there focused on the immediate area and expand from there to visitors that will be visiting the site. As for marketing - this is just a more efficient way to go at it.

Their attendance will improve from York University significantly - the product is good, the price is right, they'll have a "real" soccer stadium in an area that will become an entertainment destination and a GO station providing an easy access

When I was an MLS/TFC fan before 2016 - I live in Liberty Village and walking to a TFC game (cheaper tickets back then) was something lots of residents did earlier on and that was at a time where both MLS/TFC had little coverage from the media. The location was right with the right demographic on top of it and just going there on weekends was like a habit. Of course there are other factors but those 2 are far from negligible - the convenience of being this close and going for drinks before or after.

That's what being replicated here in my opinion. Up to the club to not mismanage all these advantage going their way soon

8 minutes ago, Ansem said:

Their stadium will be part of a massive redevelopment project at Woodbine that will increase its attractiveness as an entertainment destination with a new GO Station. Also key to that the project is that a new neighborhood of around 60k residents will be part of it.

https://storeys.com/woodbine-racetrack-housing-mega-development-60-000-residents/

Website with images
https://lwlp.com/portfolio_page/woodbine-racetrack/

https://woodbinecommunityplan.com/

York United going at the heart of this massive redevelopment area means that they can capture those residents gradually as they move in and build a following/culture/tradition there focused on the immediate area and expand from there to visitors that will be visiting the site. As for marketing - this is just a more efficient way to go at it.

Their attendance will improve from York University significantly - the product is good, the price is right, they'll have a "real" soccer stadium in an area that will become an entertainment destination and a GO station providing an easy access

When I was an MLS/TFC fan before 2016 - I live in Liberty Village and walking to a TFC game (cheaper tickets back then) was something lots of residents did earlier on and that was at a time where both MLS/TFC had little coverage from the media. The location was right with the right demographic on top of it and just going there on weekends was like a habit. Of course there are other factors but those 2 are far from negligible - the convenience of being this close and going for drinks before or after.

That's what being replicated here in my opinion. Up to the club to not mismanage all these advantage going their way soon

Is the stadium project still on? One of the article was dated April 2022 that's why I'm asking. TUTUVM.