Luc de Fougerolles

canuckgbp

4 minutes ago, MauditYvon said:

They definitely can. League Cup and most likely FA Cup spots will go to 6th and 7th of the Premier League.

"Definitely" is mathematically true but probably a bit misleading.  They have 15 possible points left with Liverpool and Man City in the way. Man U are 8 points ahead of them having played one less game. So the latter has 6 chances to pick up 8 points.  The 4 teams in between all have played a game less (or more in case of Chelsea) except us.  

• 2 weeks later...

Playing for the Fulham u21s against Spurs u21s currently, in midfield according to a couple sites. 

Update: #6 (the best number for a centre back) in there.  Actually looks like a RCB in a back three with some license step out.

Up against the top club in their league but probably say there are some poor moments - not greatest of games.

Edited by WestHamCanadianinOxford

19 minutes ago, Borjans Sweatpants said:

Shame we couldn’t see LdF get some late season gametime, but with Fulham fighting off relegation, I get it. Good for him for next year though. 

IMG_5623.jpeg

They have been mathematically safe, for a while, I think. 

Everyone is except Forest basically.

Here's hoping Luc gets a look in.

LDF is still a prospect. He has played only 1 pro game, a Cup match vs Ipswich, where he performed very well. I'm sure he is rated highly but does he warrant a spot on the 23 for the Copa? I'm ok with him training with the squad for the friendlies but given the opponents for the next 5 games, it's very unlikely that he would see any mins if selected. 

2 minutes ago, Kadenge said:

LDF is still a prospect. He has played only 1 pro game, a Cup match vs Ipswich, where he performed very well. I'm sure he is rated highly but does he warrant a spot on the 23 for the Copa? I'm ok with him training with the squad for the friendlies but given the opponents for the next 5 games, it's very unlikely that he would see any mins if selected. 

I have basically the same question. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Still playing catchup from last weekend, apparently. 

Last week, Fulham u21s won the Premier League Cup (cup competition for Premier League u21 sides)  with a 4-0 win over Tottenham in the final.

de Fougerolles went 90' playing RCB.  He was up generally against Will Lankshear, who has the been the in-form striker in Premier League 2 - 21 goals in 22 games. So seemingly did well to get the clean sheet.

The highlights are unsurprisingly mostly Fulham but a few opposition chances in the 4:00 minute area until half. 

Real shame to hear the disappointment from the Sp*rs commentators.  

7 minutes ago, WestHamCanadianinOxford said:

Still playing catchup from last weekend, apparently. 

Last week, Fulham u21s won the Premier League Cup (cup competition for Premier League u21 sides)  with a 4-0 win over Tottenham in the final.

de Fougerolles went 90' playing RCB.  He was up generally against Will Lankshear, who has the been the in-form striker in Premier League 2 - 21 goals in 22 games. So seemingly did well to get the clean sheet.

The highlights are unsurprisingly mostly Fulham but a few opposition chances in the 4:00 minute area until half. 

Real shame to hear the disappointment from the Sp*rs commentators.  

Appreciate the LDF updates....

Do you have a general sense of what the club and/or the fans see his role being for next season? More U21 games? Chance with the first team? Seems like it was more a case of healthy bodies returning than Fulham not being happy with LDF.

Hard to break into an EPL first team as an 18 year old defender, but next season he turns 19. Not saying he NEEDS to stick with the Fulham first team, but I would like to see more progress on that front, maybe he makes his EPL debut plus a little bit more. 

Is that a realstic expectation?

Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, Obinna said:

Appreciate the LDF updates....

Do you have a general sense of what the club and/or the fans see his role being for next season? More U21 games? Chance with the first team? Seems like it was more a case of healthy bodies returning than Fulham not being happy with LDF.

Hard to break into an EPL first team as an 18 year old defender, but next season he turns 19. Not saying he NEEDS to stick with the Fulham first team, but I would like to see more progress on that front, maybe he makes his EPL debut plus a little bit more. 

Is that a realstic expectation?

Losing Tosin, Ream is another year older, they have Bassey, who most rate and Diop who a lot don't.

Lots of fan accounts want him given a chance, but they also did in the fall when they a bunch of injuries. He is the brightest prospect at that position they have.

A high level loan would be be nice depending on their transfer activity.

Edited by WestHamCanadianinOxford

3 minutes ago, WestHamCanadianinOxford said:

I don't think the Championship is too high, he looks a little tougher these days.

That would be awesome. I didn’t expect that he would be ready for that level yet. It would seriously put him in competition for a starting role on the CMNT.

LDF is undersized currently to be playing against men at CB.

Injury/depth crisis at CB has necessitated he play for the U21's at CB and cover for the first team there. His versatility and bravery is what got him bench appearances, and impressed Silva.

He is similar in stature and play style to Alistair Johnson, and is listed a versatile attacking fullback on Fulham's site.

Fulham is affiliated with Dundee United, would be good spot for him next season imo. 

6 hours ago, sandman said:

LDF is undersized currently to be playing against men at CB.

Injury/depth crisis at CB has necessitated he play for the U21's at CB and cover for the first team there. His versatility and bravery is what got him bench appearances, and impressed Silva.

He is similar in stature and play style to Alistair Johnson, and is listed a versatile attacking fullback on Fulham's site.

Fulham is affiliated with Dundee United, would be good spot for him next season imo. 

Fulham's site is almost a couple years out of date, their last news was just after he signed his scholarship in 2022 and they talk about him playing for Ali Melloul - which is the u18s - but include him now amongst the u21s.

Two 21 year old centre backs who played ahead of him at times - Idris Odutayo and Jay Williams - were sold (for I assume nominal fees) to lower league/non league clubs in the winter window.  

After that, he played mostly for the u21s except in tournaments this year and I have always seen him listed at centre back.

I watched him on a few occasions and that's where he played. Fulham don't broadcast their u21s normally but other clubs do.

Pretty sure he is not 1.80m anymore as the sites have him listed. As mentioned he was level with guys over 6'0 when he was last with us. 

58 minutes ago, WestHamCanadianinOxford said:

Fulham's site is almost a couple years out of date, their last news was just after he signed his scholarship in 2022 and they talk about him playing for Ali Melloul - which is the u18s - but include him now amongst the u21s.

Two 21 year old centre backs who played ahead of him at times - Idris Odutayo and Jay Williams - were sold (for I assume nominal fees) to lower league/non league clubs in the winter window.  

After that, he played mostly for the u21s except in tournaments this year and I have always seen him listed at centre back.

I watched him on a few occasions and that's where he played. Fulham don't broadcast their u21s normally but other clubs do.

Pretty sure he is not 1.80m anymore as the sites have him listed. As mentioned he was level with guys over 6'0 when he was last with us. 

I know we think of Allistar Johnston as being short, but I believe even he is listed at 5'11, which is short for a CB, but funny enough it's 1 inch shy of 6 feet, which is where we seem to think LDF is. I guess we are splitting hairs?

Semingly all these things are true:

LDF is no longer just a full back

LDF has grown a bit

LDF is a similar stature to Johnston

1 hour ago, Obinna said:

I know we think of Allistar Johnston as being short, but I believe even he is listed at 5'11, which is short for a CB, but funny enough it's 1 inch shy of 6 feet, which is where we seem to think LDF is. I guess we are splitting hairs?

Semingly all these things are true:

LDF is no longer just a full back

LDF has grown a bit

LDF is a similar stature to Johnston

two of the best Cbs in recent memory Fabio Cannavaro, and Franco Baresi were not all that tall 

On 4/28/2024 at 12:18 PM, CanadaFan123 said:

Yeah I’m not crazy about calling him if he doesn’t have the club experience to warrant it. Maybe he can get a loan next season and we revisit this. 

My only exception to this would be if the staff has evaluated him as a player who projects to be a starter for 2026. 

Fougerolles will probably be a starter for us in Nations League but even if he isn't, by Gold Cup 2025 he definitely will be