Luc de Fougerolles

canuckgbp

12 hours ago, Kent said:

Now you guys have me trying to figure out who is the best CB in CMNT's history. I instinctively think of DeVos and Randy Samuel. When I think of McKenna I immediately think of that day in Honduras and that sours that pick. What about from our 2022 batch, Vitoria? Am I missing any obvious contenders? McKenna probably played at the highest levels for club. Not sure if he did better than Tim Ream or not, I'm not an expert on either.

I've got a soft spot for Tony Menezes, wish he could have gotten more caps for Canada.

Does it piss everyone off that the CSA Instagram seems to go out of its way not to post pictures of him other than the one above?

He’s a potentially massive piece of our national team moving forward. I’d be trying to hype this kid up as much as possible, though maybe it’s more waiting until he’s provisionally tied or something.

Could he have said “don’t put me in social posts” or something if he’s undecided? Though he reposted it himself so I don’t think that would be the case. 

1 hour ago, Borjans Sweatpants said:

Does it piss everyone off that the CSA Instagram seems to go out of its way not to post pictures of him other than the one above?

He’s a potentially massive piece of our national team moving forward. I’d be trying to hype this kid up as much as possible, though maybe it’s more waiting until he’s provisionally tied or something.

Could he have said “don’t put me in social posts” or something if he’s undecided? Though he reposted it himself so I don’t think that would be the case. 

He’s potentially a massive piece. Just like many before him (I.e. Tabla). No need to overhype him. 

2 hours ago, CanadaFan123 said:

He’s potentially a massive piece. Just like many before him (I.e. Tabla). No need to overhype him. 

I get what you're saying, but I'm not sure its comparable. Tabla never started for Barca, whereas we've actually seen LdF starting in preseason and a Cup match plus be in the first team for other EPL matches.

Regardless, I don't mean make him the focal point or hype him up a ton, it just seems like there's a conscious effort to not have pictures of him posted, when many are excited for him to be a part of the team. I would've loved to see posts of Tabla back then as well, I'm not saying anoint them or overhype them, but fans love young talent coming through, and social posts help raise that awareness and attention. Just my two cents!

Side note: if you really want your mind to be blown, Tabla is only a year older than Bombito 🤣

13 hours ago, Borjans Sweatpants said:

I don’t know that the average Canada soccer fan is as pressed about LDF as people here are. Fans tune in to watch the stars, the MLS guys who play for their local clubs, established names they can root for. For example, Junior Hoilett’s free kick goal has gone relatively viral, and it’s a nice goal, but people are familiar with Hoilett, he’s one of the faces of the program, he’s recognizable to fans. LDF less so. I don’t know if the average fan who isn’t as plugged in as we are follow future potential stars.

17 hours ago, Borjans Sweatpants said:

I get what you're saying, but I'm not sure its comparable. Tabla never started for Barca, whereas we've actually seen LdF starting in preseason and a Cup match plus be in the first team for other EPL matches.

Regardless, I don't mean make him the focal point or hype him up a ton, it just seems like there's a conscious effort to not have pictures of him posted, when many are excited for him to be a part of the team. I would've loved to see posts of Tabla back then as well, I'm not saying anoint them or overhype them, but fans love young talent coming through, and social posts help raise that awareness and attention. Just my two cents!

Side note: if you really want your mind to be blown, Tabla is only a year older than Bombito 🤣

So he's better than Tabla. I guess he's at Doneil Henry and Liam Millar level, who suited up for West Ham and Liverpool respectively.

14 minutes ago, Markoaleks said:

Thanks for the reminder -

Went down a FOTMOB rabbit hole last night specifically on Tabla and Bustos  to check on performance -Snap ! Not ideal 

Getting further off topic, but I am curious...how did Bustos finish off the season? I followed until about midway through the Swedish season and he was getting regular minutes off the bench and had 3 goals on the year and a few assists.

Then it seemed like the updates went cold, but I did notice his club finished high up the table (5th?). They were mid to low table early on, so did their run up the table coincide with Bustos getting dropped out of the team? What's the story here?

On 11/15/2023 at 6:57 PM, Borjans Sweatpants said:

They photo'd and published the shit out of Koleosho when he was in camp(s).

8 hours ago, Stryker911 said:

The de Foug swaying seems to be going quite a bit better than it did with Koleosho. Instead of cancelled games and a player strike, it's a trip to Jamaica, a good win and on court at the Raptors.

What he’s experienced with Canada already these past 2 windows is pretty incredible. I bet he’s having the time of his life.