Luc de Fougerolles

canuckgbp

5 hours ago, WestHamCanadianinOxford said:

Fulham have a lot of decent players or players that are brilliant in fits and spurts - Wilson, Traore, Iwobi , Pereira, Castagne etc.

They are have a few old players that they rely on with no transfer value - Willian and Ream for instance  - and Bobby Reid would be worth more he wasn't 30 already. 

Palhinha is extremely good at what he does and valued for it and Jedi Robinson has a few problems but is developing late.

I think a lot of their relative success comes from being well-managed.

But for the purposes of this thread, we need to be honest, they are pretty thin in quality centre backs.  Diop has an almighty ricket in him and he is valued the highest (and is currently injured to boot). Bassey seemed okay when I saw him and maybe still setting in but does not look like saving that position.  Adarabioyo seemed pretty forgettable and has hardly played this year.

There are reasons Luc is getting chances. Here's hoping he takes them with both hands.

Tosin Adarabioyo has been injured but is expected to return soon. In saying that, he seemed destined for a move last summer but Fulham initially struggled to sign Bassey let alone another CB to cover the loss of Tosin. 

1 minute ago, Borjans Sweatpants said:

As I said in the game thread, I’m not too worried that this will push LDF away. It’s a tough loss, but he’s gotten a ton of great experiences with the team and I would be more surprised if he doesn’t come back. 

He was down at the corner "warming up", when we were pushing at the end.  

I choose to make that a silver lining and think he was invested.

Just now, WestHamCanadianinOxford said:

Ah ya that’s hopeful for sure. I think he’s fairly committed personally. Don’t want to count chickens though, wish we had been able to get him provisionally tied. 

35 minutes ago, Hawkguy said:

If he's smart, he'll go. 

Biello is an idiot for not putting him in regardless.

Rowe?! Bahahahahaha

I mean we needed a goal.  JRR is a striker and LDF is a short centreback.  Lots to be critical of tonight but not sure the failure to put LDF on in that scenario is one of them.  

32 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

I mean we needed a goal.  JRR is a striker and LDF is a short centreback.  Lots to be critical of tonight but not sure the failure to put LDF on in that scenario is one of them.  

True. 

But yoi don't take Estaqio off when you need a goal and put an inexperienced player to be your saviour for him.

You also don't put in LDF to be the savior

I was at the game. And am so perplexed. Such poor man management. 

2 hours ago, dyslexic nam said:

My point is that Rowe was going to do nothing so we might as well have locked in our future. 

And who cares, we took out Eustaquio lol 

5 hours ago, Hawkguy said:

My point is that Rowe was going to do nothing so we might as well have locked in our future. 

And who cares, we took out Eustaquio lol 

The tie wasn’t over tho - we needed a goal to eliminate Jamaica and make the semis.  I would have far more blame if the coach threw in the towel prematurely.  

10 hours ago, WestHamCanadianinOxford said:

Wish I didn’t know this for the disappointment when he commits elsewhere or does the England youth set up dance.

I (sorta) kid. There wasn’t really any opportunity to play him last night, unfortunately. I saw a video of the team taking free kick practice and they were chirping LDF because he missed his attempt. Hope he had a good time at the camp and comes back in January (?) or March. If the players share the same concerns fans do- coaching, roster management, etc., then I’m inclined to believe that might be a good thing for de fougerolles because players last, coaches don’t. If he wants to play for us, he’ll be around longer than Biello will be, so if he’s getting along with the guys and getting value from showing up, that’s a good sign. 

I'm not sure where people are expecting him to go?  Perhaps wait on an England youth call?  Are people afraid we are going to lose him to England or that this loss will push him away from international soccer altogether? 

I suppose he breaks through with England youth squads and then progresses into an elite premier league center back over the next couple of years but there are a lot of hypotheticals.

19 minutes ago, Corazon said:

I'm not sure where people are expecting him to go?  Perhaps wait on an England youth call?  Are people afraid we are going to lose him to England or that this loss will push him away from international soccer altogether? 

I suppose he breaks through with England youth squads and then progresses into an elite premier league center back over the next couple of years but there are a lot of hypotheticals.

Good point. I think the issue is he's still a question mark in terms of representing Canada since he hasn't played a single minute. And while the win in Jamaica was impressive, the team has failed at both camps LDF has attended. 

Edited by DeRo_Is_King

5 minutes ago, DeRo_Is_King said:

Good point. I think the issue is he's still a question mark in terms of representing Canada since he hasn't played a single minute. And while the win in Jamaica was impressive, the team has failed at both camps LDF has attended. 

I'm not too worried about this.  I think there was a time to get him into a game against Japan and away in Kingston but not last night.  This isn't a Koleosho situation where multiple nations are also after him. 

There are 50 defenders ahead of him for England's senior team.  I don't know much about English youth squads but the U19 England program has defenders from Manchester City (x2), Tottenham (x2), Liverpool, Arsenal and a team mate of Liam's at Preston who has already played 7 times this season as an outside back.

Worst case scenario, England picks him up for youth team and we have to wait a few more years for him.  Which to me would be a loss but still a very hypothetical scenario for now.